Sign in to follow this  
armatech

Dedicated Server Setup help

Ok i have been running servers on ofp/arma/arma2/arma2oa for years and im having some issues with CPU usage that have caused me some concern.

performance.png

Server setup

Game: Arma2 OA any version

CPU: 2 x 4 x 2.1 GHz CPU (AMD)

16 GB ram

Startup batch command

Rem set servers name
set servername=server

Rem set servers mods
set servermods=@Cti

Rem set servers exe path
set arma2path=C:\Game Server\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\
set serverexec="%arma2path%arma2oaserver.exe"
set serverport=2344
set profile=default
set logpath=logs\
%serverexec% -config=%profile%\%servername%.cfg -cfg=%profile%\Arma2.cfg -profiles=%profile%\ -name=server -port=%serverport% -mod=%servermods% -netlog -ranking=%profile%\public_ranking.txt -exThreads=7 -maxmem=4047 -CpuCount=4

Now my issue is that on the server after first 10 players connect the in-game server side fps is down to 5-7 but yet the server is only using 1 of the cores at 97-100%.

Now to my thinking with this setup it should running on 4 cores as i thought that was the max cores the server can handle 'ATM' but why is it only running on 1 core and not utilizing the other 3 when core 1 is used up?

if any one can point some light on this please do

Thanks for reading

Edited by armatech

You started a Coop Warfare ? If so, welcome to the club ! This seems to be Bohemian Multicore support. 7 Cores are boring around, and one gets an overkill as the all AI action is stuck on this single core. As a matter of fact the all system slows down. 5 - 7 FPS or reduce AI units. We (I7 920 w/ 8GB RAM) made it up to 14 FPS on Benny Warfare, but its boring as 50% of the AI is missing.

Sad, but true.

CHB68 is right I'm afraid. You're seeing the AI being run on a single core and going flat out. The other cores are sitting around waiting for something to do.