Sign in to follow this  
daman3

damanstudios - Go-Kart

Merry Christmas.

Andy_Tyler asked me a simple question:

"Daman3, I had the idea of starting a racing-league in the ArmA 2 & Operation Arrowhead games-would you be with me?"

Story

My answer was vague, I didn't made myself very clear. I recalled a few guys who tried exactly the same back in Operation Flashpoint, but was that deemed to success?

"If we are not creating a mod, lets at least create a simple addon - something along the lines of a Kart."

gokartfront.th.png

The idea got me immediately. But there was one major problem: I didn't know anything about "Karts".

Anything with four wheels and a frame was a Kart to me.

I ended up modeling a Kart from a supermarket.

Pleased with the result I showed the progress to him by sending pictures of

my "Kart". He had never seen anything like this before.

But hey, it was cool.

I mean, whats cooler than going to the mall, and have no need for a parking space, since you are allowed to take it into?

Envy guaranteed.

Addon describtion

This is my christmas present to the community. It is in an unfinished state, but as some of you might know, it would take me forever until I'd have finished it-long after the 25th.

I'm planning to add a damage system and new texture in the future.

Nevertheless its great fun and who knows, some of you might race your tensions out instead of shooting each other - I would welcome it.

gokartbacl.th.png

gokarticon.th.png

Download Link

http://www.mediafire.com/?oy359f4cibdieoy

Operation Arrowhead and ArmA 2 version included.

gokartai.th.png

Just the right thing for the lingor racetrack <3

Cool, I hope its big enough for 10 Go-Karts, which is the standard for Kart races.

Just the right thing for the lingor racetrack <3

^^

Been racing our asses off (literally) with ATV´s earlier on Romella RT, but tonight it´s gonna be karts :bounce3:

Thumbs up!

Duuuuude!!

Congrats, you've been awarded to have posted the most senseless post ever. :biggrin:

BTT: is the kart prepared for retexturing? Means, are hiddenselections defined properly? If not, any chance of doin it and maybe a template for reskins?

Hope someone will make some cool reskins for an GoKartMOD!!!

This addon is really coowl. Maybe someone put some M249's or rocket launcher on it for much more race fun xD

Hope someone will make some cool reskins for an GoKartMOD!!!

This addon is really coowl. Maybe someone put some M249's or rocket launcher on it for much more race fun xD

Hehe...pickable objects...let's do a remake of Super Mario Karts. :D

Myke;1818620']Congrats' date=' you've been awarded to have posted the most senseless post ever. :biggrin:[/quote']

I calls it likes I sees it. :D

Very nice little addon, it has a lot of potential and I would definitely give a big thumbs up for a Mario Kart Mod.

I took it for a test drive on several maps and it performed the best on the racetrack on Lingor.

It had some issues with the racetrack on the NE part of Panthera. It behaved as though it were on a dirt road and was very slow and wouldn't cross the bridge at all.

On Jahpato Island which is laid out very much like a Rally track it couldn't get up to speed, since it's nothing but dirt roads.

It did incredibly well on Jade Groove with all those wide paved highways.

If you can get it to cross bridges (the little Quad ATV by BIS doesn't like bridges either) and get it's offroad/dirt track speed up a bit it'll be really incredibly fun to play with. Maybe make it turn a little tighter, with such a small wheelbase it ought to be able to turn on a dime.

^_^,v,,