Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

So Some guy in My town got arrested

My town doesn't have very many people in it. We've never had something like this happen:

10993.dat

These are the guns seized from a 26 year old Afghanistan war veteran (the current war). He also had 3 IEDs which were detonated by the bomb squad.

I just think it's pretty intense.

You can see a few WW2 era rifles in there, pretty sure I see a Nagant. Looks like there's also an M1 Carabine and you can see an AK-47 in the bottom left of the picture.

Hmmm... I'm torn. I wonder why all of those rifles were seized. Some of them are certainly restricted, but those collectors bolt action rifles are surely legal. He's got a few Lee Enfields in there. Perhaps they aren't registered?

Edited by Max Power

Do want...

I'm drooling... :eek: That's a real nice collection.

I don't know Canadian law whatsoever, sorry for that, so why were these illegal in the first place?

Edited by Mosh
stuff

Hmmm... I'm torn. I wonder why all of those rifles were seized. Some of them are certainly restricted, but those collectors bolt action rifles are surely legal. He's got a few Lee Enfields in there. Perhaps they aren't registered?

I can't imagine most of them are illegal. But he had IEDs in his house. So you don't leave the guns lying around.

Of course, but why seize guns if explosives are the problem? It's like, they find you with drugs so they take your car. Perhaps they thought he was going to raise his own WW1 army, dig some trenches, and siege Windsor.

Of course, but why seize guns if explosives are the problem? It's like, they find you with drugs so they take your car. Perhaps they thought he was going to raise his own WW1 army, dig some trenches, and siege Windsor.

Er, they find illegal weapons they take weapons. They'll pick over everything for further violations and are they supposed to leave that much firepower sitting in his empty house?

If it's legal, then yes... or certainly it should be returned to its owners if it's not complicit in any crimes. And WW1 rifles can hardly be called 'firepower'. In the same way, an antique model T ford could be seized as a possible 'get away car'. Sure, it's possible to drive it but it's not a very good idea to achieve your criminal goals, given cheaper and better modern selections.

If you possess a weapon that is worth a felony charge, they're not going to leave you with any weapons. All of them are potentially pertinent to the crime, not to say evidence.

Legal weapon ownership is evidence in a crime you say?

Like, if the crime is illegal weapon ownership, if there are legal ones, how do they count? If they are seized to check them and they are legal, he should get the legal ones back.

Edited by Max Power

Wow.. that's a huge collection of guns. He is planning to open a gun shop or what... :)

We won't see anything like that ever in the place I am staying... illegal gun = death penalty

Jesus, where are you staying? Even in Germany they won´t cut your head of

I really don't get the laws the permit the ownership of a gun or even a hand gun if you aren't a police officer.

And please don't tell me hunting because the make sense just as much as holding an M-16 at your garden shed.

Are you afraid of some zombies apedemic?

If they are seized to check them and they are legal, he should get the legal ones back.

Well if he's going to be convicted for manufacturing explosive devices or failing to register one or more of the firearms, surely he'll obtains a criminal record.

Having a criminal record would prohibit him from owning a firearm, so he'd no longer be entitled to continue owning any that he had legally obtained before his conviction.

If he's done nothing illegal he should of course get them back, but that doesn't look like it's the case, does it?

Well that will be the wonderful country of Malaysia.... where you get death penalty for tonnes of things....

Not the head, but my uncle lost his whole weapons collection to the arms regulatory agency (he had a hunting license for over 30 year's) just because he started a treatment for alcoholism he never committed any crime, but the confession of beeing a addict to alkohol was well enought to see a danger to public oder in him.

Also: If you have a single illegal weapon in germany, all of your weapons including those that need no license (like airguns or muzzel loaders) will be confiscated, also knifes with more than 12cm blades and sabres and the like.

You will never see again anything that was once confiscated in germany since all this weapons will be scrapped. it is official agenda in germany to reduce the number of private weapons owners by all available means.

This current agenda started with the "Robert Steinhäuser" incident and the following amassments of amok-gun-runs in germany.

That's like my fantasy!

I had my gun pile all confiscated this summer.

Fortunately, they had to give them all back.

Edited by Baff1

Legal weapon ownership is evidence in a crime you say?

Like, if the crime is illegal weapon ownership, if there are legal ones, how do they count? If they are seized to check them and they are legal, he should get the legal ones back.

No one knows that they're legal until they check. I don't understand what the big deal over the polite treatment of old rifles is. I'm sure he'll get the legal ones back after he's not, you know, under bail or indicted.

Well my father is a cook, he is allowed to carry really long knifes^^

Well my father is a cook, he is allowed to carry really long knifes^^
You're bit wrong on this issue! The 12cm regulation also goes for cooking knifes.

No you are wrong. Cooks are officially allowed to carry longer knifes with them. (They obviously need it for their job)

No you are wrong. Cooks are officially allowed to carry longer knifes with them. (They obviously need it for their job)

Im A Hunter and im not allowed to do so. the point is WHERE...you cant get out of the accusation carrying a dangerous Knife ready to draw on a demonstration or any other public location just because your'e wearind cooks clothes or looking like a fisherman like Just read the actual arms law in force since april 2009. it's very simple...neither a cook nor a fisherman have businness with knifes on the streets in a city like frankfurt...or on the schoolyard...in fact this law was made with schoolyards in mind since the "trend" emerged in germany to carry knifes and daggers and peppersprays to school. Out in the woods or in a kittchen everybody may carry as knife as big as he wants.

The issue is that is is to the discretion of the cotrolling policeman if you have a good reason or not to carry it...and this is the big issue with the new law. neither does it allow to carry in geeneral nor does it allow t...a typical german "Gummiparagraph" (a law article as flexible as rubber)

Edited by Beagle

Well if he's going to be convicted for manufacturing explosive devices or failing to register one or more of the firearms, surely he'll obtains a criminal record.

Having a criminal record would prohibit him from owning a firearm, so he'd no longer be entitled to continue owning any that he had legally obtained before his conviction.

If he's done nothing illegal he should of course get them back, but that doesn't look like it's the case, does it?

I have thought of this as well. I was thinking he should be able to put them up for auction or consignment if he can no longer legally posess them.

Something similar happened here with cars. Some rich kids were racing their parents Ferrari and M5 and were caught. The cars were seized, but since the offenders didn't own the cars, some portion of the money they were sold for was returned to the owners.