Sign in to follow this  
ker8er0s

Setting Vehicles Side

Ok this is one to get your brain juices flowing.

I have a map where I use empty vehicles that respawn when destroyed, on a normal day these are vehicles from the side of the foilks that are using them.

But I have hit a problem, If USMC are facing OPFOR and the US guys jump into an empty OPFOR vehicle and drive into enemy territory, the enemy dont attack you.

Get out the vehicle, give them a wave and jump back in and suddenly its a target, so I assume the AI has to recognise that there is an enemy in the vehicle.

So whats the solution to make an empty vehicle be seen as whatever side is driving, regardless of being spotted getting in/out of the vehicle.

Tough one?

I hope not....

***NOTE****

The enemy will attack fine when it is tested in the editor, but when you go online it doesnt work.

Edited by ker8er0s

The enemy will attack fine when it is tested in the editor, but when you go online it doesnt work.

I always thought this was a feature, the AI see a friendly-looking vehicle, so they assume neutral or friendly until they discover otherwise. But if it works fine in the editor, maybe it's actually a bug?? I remember back in the day starting out in ArmA as a domination pub-nub, the good old red tag when friendlies stole enemy vehicles, caused plenty of friendly fire incidents.

its a strange one, the problem is that the side tends to carry over into respawn, so you spawn, run into enemy territory like a ninja/rambo. Take out aload of people. feel really good, then notice you have a massive negative score.

Then you walk up to an enemies face and he ignores you.

Only solution is disconnect reconnect but even then it might not pu you back on the right side.

Im suspecting that when you clear the weapons at the start it sets you as Captive due to lack of weapons.

Will investigate this idea further tonight

I always thought this was a feature, the AI see a friendly-looking vehicle, so they assume neutral or friendly until they discover otherwise. But if it works fine in the editor, maybe it's actually a bug?? I remember back in the day starting out in ArmA as a domination pub-nub, the good old red tag when friendlies stole enemy vehicles, caused plenty of friendly fire incidents.

Hehe i remember that on evolution in arma 1.

thats what gave me the final push to use vent and ts.

Looks like I found the culprit, turns out there is a bug in the battlefield simulation module.

After lots of triggers and debugging i found out that when you enter the "agony" state you are set as civilian side, then when you die and respawn your side is not changed back.

Took out the modules, set independents as enemies to everyone, and now happily using US troops in Takistani vehicles getting attacked by rebels on a regular basis.

Ah, this has answered a question which has been bugging me for a week since I made a co-op respawn mission with Battlefield sim/clearance etc vs independents.

It went totally fubar half way in, my friends scores were going negative and eventually us and the enemy all became friends lol.

Now I know what caused it! Thanks for coming up with a reason why ker8er0s, it all makes sense now.