Sign in to follow this  
Toonen1988

New idea. Drugs wars.

I have a new story line for a new DLC, War against Drugs. Something like mexico or Columbia.

And maybe you guys can add that people can shoot out of a car, or truck when they are not a driver or gunner afcourse. This will make the game more realism. :D

Edited by DeAdSeYe

I agree. A South American based anti-drug cartel DLC would be epic, especially if it was in one of the more vegetated regions.

Your idea is not "ArmA" IMO. ArmA is about conflics between factions or a whole nation, not a drug running swat team.

yes, let's get more ideas for new awesome dlc's since Pretty Mediocre Content.

yes, let's get more ideas for new awesome dlc's since Pretty Mediocre Content.

I thought we already agreed on reblmen vs Somali Pirates as the next DLC?

Well, mostly drugs are shipped with the knowledge of the country or it's politicians themselves so it could be a good idea and big secret conflict.. but I don't understand the part about shooting people out of vehicles.. I mean.. even with a good ragdoll physics engine it's just, the question if that's the case when you shoot them.

EDIT

Ohh you mean shooting out of a car, yeah that would be epic.. like sitting on a little bird feels a little birdy without the option to shoot..=P

Edited by RavoC

Well the case is that current anti- or counter drug traffic operations are more resembling a "full-scale" guerilla engegament than a "Miami Vice" scenario, I remember I saw Colombian special police units operating in the jungle in full military equipment (in documentary of course). So I'd say it'd be a nice idea for a DLC. Anyway NAPA supposeldy products drugs in the northern mountains of Zagoria, according to their backstory, so some DEA or Russian FSB guys dealing with them might be believable, or poppy growing "Takibans"....

I don't like the idea, I think Arma should be more about combined arms, not really policing actions, but if this brought some engine improvements to make this kind of conflict work better, aswell as a PROPER map, and didn't put rediculous amounts of mlods in the trees, they it could work, but then it would be too much time and work to be DLC, it would have to be another expansion.

You don't even need a new map. Afghanistan, aka Takistan, has a real-life drug problem that could be used as the basis for a DLC.

We're playing "drug ops" missions in SBP Team for years. I'm currently making druglord & his minions for Lingor Units project. Map v1.1 will also feature couple of "farms" ;)

With help of Vilas I'm adding in a swat(FEA) truck and also a bank security group van for bank money transfers (along with guards & cops).

The war on drugs sounds really good. This poor, harsh and extremely violent situation could make a really good base for an expansion.

Mexico and Colombia seem to be both locations that could offer nice terrains. The mexican border area with the USA could be really awesome, where the gangs rule the towns. Not to mention the jungle / mountains of Colombia where the rebels and drug farms are located.

Most community maps that offer a junglish environment often seem to be much to sweet for this nasty drug situation, here the BIS made content could really make a difference.

Edited by Chill xl

A good jungle environment would be awesome, as well as the ability to shoot out of vehicles. But I'm thinking more Africa than South America.

Lets napalm this weed field and just take in the erm....views......yeah views......

I'm gonna need a paradrop of about 2 tonnes of pringles and chocolate chip cookies....

I'm not sure what would kill them first, the smoke from the weed or the dehydration from the snacks :)

A good jungle environment would be awesome, as well as the ability to shoot out of vehicles. But I'm thinking more Africa than South America.

Both environments are available, Isla Duala (Africa) and Lingor (Jungle) more than cater for that and i doubt they could be bettered by the BIS team, the shooting from vehicles has been requested for years and is something i would love to see implemented.

Personally i would like to see a D L C with the player as the bad guys, a terrorist faction or some crazy rag heads striking back against occupying forces, although i bet this would be deemed to be too un-politically correct. A winter environment or winter war in Takistan would be something else i would pay for.

Edited by shark-attack

Winter in Takistan? lol :)

Anyway, any good SP missions for Isla Duala and/or Lingor?

BTW, there are jungles in Africa...

I don't like the idea, I think Arma should be more about combined arms, not really policing actions, but if this brought some engine improvements to make this kind of conflict work better, aswell as a PROPER map, and didn't put rediculous amounts of mlods in the trees, they it could work, but then it would be too much time and work to be DLC, it would have to be another expansion.

To be honest, in mexico especially, there's some pretty heinous shit that goes down in terms of drug enforcement. APCs, attack helicopters, UAVs, armed guard... you name it!

Aye. And think of Brasil, they had street fights with Bandit gangs in Sao Paulo just 2 weeks ago. Not much different to war.

I know the page Icebreakr. They have fantastic pictures on there. Check the marijuana page there too.

Maybe a little dynamic mission with defend the stronghold/deliver drugs etc.

@Max Power, I was saying that the current engine is only really suited to combined arms, but if they updated some things to allow better CQB situations, they sure why not.

@Concurssi, Winter Takistan could acutally be a VERY good map, having snow capped mountain tops would be a first for Arma 2, plus the trees could also change and look a little more dead, and I think it's a good idea. This si a good idea, but I feel that ultimately BIS chooses what they want to do next, I'm sure it will be good, but I don't know if they would move on to a completely new conflict, just with a DLC, but as I said before this would probably be a better idea for the next expansion or game.

EDIT: After watching that video on the DEA, I think it actually may be possilbe to have a drug war type thing, could just use a DEA or clone faction and keep it in Takistan, I can't imagine it being that hard.

Edited by Militantsausage

Or, if there was a drug wars DLC that didn't require you to search peoples' closet... that could work too.