Sign in to follow this  
DAP

Arma 2 - ai first aid support

This is making me nuts. I have tryed all the codelines below and still can't get it to work. Can someone please help out a brother in need lol. I small simple mission with the DAPMAN script version working with the ability to recruit new units during the mission. Thanks Avibird

ADDON UPDATED

Version 4.3

Changelog:

- Fixed: Animation bug (When soldier gets wound while he drags wounded).

- Added: Visual FX when player get hit.

- Added: New identificator for unit, which mark this unit as unit with assigned scripts: "DAP_WOUNDS_ACTIVATED".

- Added: Script-version of addon. (Demo mission)

Script-version:

For correctly work need two conditions:

- string #include "DAPMAN\Config.hpp" - in Description.ext (Root mission folder)

- string [AllUnits] execVM "DAPMAN\Init.sqf"; - in Init.sqf (Root mission folder)

You can change value "AllUnits" to any units array. Then this script will work only for selected units.

Also you can use this string for new created units during mission

Example:

_squad = ["US_Soldier_SL_EP1","US_Soldier_HAT_EP1","US_Soldier_AR_EP1","US_Soldier_EP1","US_Soldier_EP1"]; 

_group = [color="Red"]createGroup[/color] WEST;

_n=0;
_count= ([color="Red"]count[/color](_squad));
_spawnpos = [color="Red"]getMarkerPos[/color] "respawn_west";

_squad [color="Red"]select[/color] 0 [color="Red"]createUnit[/color] [_spawnpos, _group,"", 0.45, "LIEUTENANT"];
[color="Blue"]while[/color] {(_n<_count)} [color="Blue"]do[/color] 
{
_n=_n+1;
_unitType = _squad [color="Red"]select[/color] _n;
_unitType [color="Red"]createUnit[/color] [_spawnpos, _group];
};

[(units _group)] [color="Red"]execVM[/color] "DAPMAN\Init.sqf"; - this string run script, which assign wound-scripts for new created units.

Note: All links updated.

If you want add this option for newly created units, then you need add same string in spawn script with replacing "AllUnits" to array of spawned units.

Example1:

[[_unit1,_unit2,_unit3]] execVM "DAPMAN\Init.sqf";

Example2:

[(units _group)] execVM "DAPMAN\Init.sqf";

Yes [AllUnits] execVM "DAPMAN\init.sqf"; works for me but only on units placed down within the editor not units made during the gameplay. do I use this codeline

_group = createGroup WEST; do I put the array of units like this here [unit 1,unit 2 unit 3 ect]; and do I need to make a new array for opfor units as well.

_n=0;

_count= (count(_squad));

_spawnpos = getMarkerPos "respawn_west";

_squad select 0 createUnit [_spawnpos, _group,"", 0.45, "LIEUTENANT"];

while {(_n<_count)} do

{

_n=_n+1;

_unitType = _squad select _n;

_unitType createUnit [_spawnpos, _group];

};

[(units _group)] execVM "DAPMAN\Init.sqf";

DAP, I recently tested your wound script is a large coop mission on a dedicated server, the one problem we had, was the wounded soldiers could not be dragged or moved. I am not sure whether this is is meant to happen or not, but I am pretty sure it does work in the addon version. Anything I can do to make it possible for units to be dragged? (I would use the BIS Battlefield Clearance module, but I require something that works after respawn)

How Module works ? I didn't find any informations on it.

I placed the module in the editor, but it's don't work :(

I want to have only the AI ennemies healing with your addons/script. Somebody can help me please ?

Finally i'm looking for AI medics who are healing their team, just like in real !

I must first say that the idea of this mod is awesome and keep up the great work. I have read several forums and tried everything but still dont get the disired results.

I downloaded your latest version and used winrar to extract it. I also downloaded the cba fiLes as required for auto running the mod.

I then placed each of the mods in the arma2 directors. With the exception of the scripEd version. Did the same for the cba files. Little confused because I have arma2 and oa then using a launcher to make co. that might be the problem who knows. I have all 3 cba fiLes in the arma folder. I then enabled them using the launcher, this adds the names to the command line.

Set up a small scene to test by placing a few of each force and setting most ammo to 0 so they cant fire.

I wound my own guys and nothing happens. A little • Sign pops up and I can manually chose to have someone do cls but they dont act on their own. Also tried with epw and they dont surrender and the enemies dont try and help each other. Civilians same thing.

It appears the on put thing that is working is what oa already had in the missions, if im correct. I tried using the mod script and placing a modules for ai medic and synching it to all the units but then nothing works. I dont get the option or even the correct action menu. Im surr im missing something and would love some help.

Thanks

Bill

153Rd MP Co.

Sorry for spelling it was typed on my phone

UPDATE

Current Version: 4.7.4

Changelog:

- Added: Two types of wounds:

Medium wounds: soldier lie on ground in agony, and screaming.

Heavy wounds: soldier fall on ground as dead, not moves, not screaming, can't see and hear anything (for players).

Each type has his own effects for player

- Added: Drag option (battlefield clearance module is no needed anymore. You can drag wounded or even dead units).

- Fixed: Wounded player can move, when he lies on ground.

And other minor fixes.

WARNING:

Now all versions of this script requires Functions Module in mission (but now scripts not using setVehicleInit commanad. It is good for MP)

NOTES:

AUTO version requires correct installed CBA

When you using MODULE version, you must synchronize units with this module.

Edited by DAP

Hi,

I tried quickly the new version and I have two minor problems:

-it seems to not work on a wounded medic.

-after to be healing by a soldier (not medic), the status screen stay red. And because I have a voice addon, an ex-wounded soldier always cry "medic" lol

I used the function module with the "autoinit" .pbo.

Edited by baptistus

it seems to not work on a wounded medic.

It because of medic's abilities :) If I leave all effects for medics, then they will be able to heal self even if they was heavy wounded :) It looks weird :)

after to be healing by a soldier (not medic), the status screen stay red. And because I have a voice addon, a ex-wounded soldier always cry "medic" lol

Just report to your leader about your status :) Or request report from unit, if you are leader :) If you or your teammate is fine, then icon will change to green :)

It because of medic's abilities :) If I leave all effects for medics, then they will be able to heal self even if they was heavy wounded :) It looks weird :)

You are right.

Just report to your leader about your status :) Or request report from unit, if you are leader :) If you or your teammate is fine, then icon will change to green :)

It works like a charm ! :yay:

thank you

I get the following RPT Error if a AI is shoot

Error in expression <((!(isPlayer _unit))and(DAP_AIFAS_PLAYERSONLY==1))>

Error position: <DAP_AIFAS_PLAYERSONLY==1))>

Error Nicht definierte Variable in Ausdruck: dap_aifas_playersonly

UPDATE

Current Version: 4.7.5

Changelog:

- Fixed error message in RPT (It was undocumented function. ReadME was updated).

WARNING:

Now all versions of this script requires Functions Module in mission (but now scripts not using setVehicleInit commanad. It is good for MP)

NOTES:

Edited by DAP

Thx DAP for fixing your update.

Your first aid support system is from far the better for those who doesn't use the ACE mod. I can't play without!

UPDATE

Current Version: 4.7.5

Changelog:

- Fixed error message in RPT (It was undocumented function. ReadME was updated).

WARNING:

NOTES:

So I have to place this module even if I use the Auto Version?

It's written "All versions now requires functions module", but I can use auto version without it, like before.

Actually, I added forced start for Functions Module from init script, but this trick sometimes not works in MP. So, to be sure, that all will work correct - just add Functions Module in mission :)

is it possible to use with ACE?

Only if you will not use ACE Wounds.

Edited by DAP

DAP, have you seen the RealWounds stuff by Murcileago? Would it also work alongside your first aid?

DAP, have you seen the RealWounds stuff by Murcileago? Would it also work alongside your first aid?

Yes, I saw it. But, unfortunately, it not works with my script (because it use event handler "HandleDamage"). There is only one way to merge both scripts: add some additional code in Real Damage script (which will run my script).

Thanks for the reply guys one more question, is there a script version only of this??

Sorry!!!! I got it!!! There is!! Silly me!!! Will test it asap! ;D

Sorry guys please educate me here. what are some of the benefits of running this suppose to bis standard scripts? Thank you

Edited by Odyseus

I noticed this mod wasn't on Play withSIX yet for download. :(

@DAP

Getting this in my RPT:

Warning Message: Script DAPMAN\Scripts\Wounded\Wounded.sqs not found when the file in question is Wounded.sqf

Line 79 & 80 in Escape.sqf.

if (!(isMultiplayer)) then {_unit addEventHandler ["hit", {_this exec "DAPMAN\Scripts\Wounded\Wounded.sqs"}];};

if (isMultiplayer)then {_unit addMPEventHandler ["MPhit", {_this exec "DAPMAN\Scripts\Wounded\Wounded.sqs"}];}; ;)

Thanks for report :)

UPDATE

Current Version: 4.7.6

Changelog:

- Fixed error message in RPT (Error in Escape.sqf).

- Changed some effects for heavy wounded players.

WARNING:

NOTES:

Edited by DAP