Sign in to follow this  
~Vagabond~

PROJET FELIN - [R3F] Armes

I absolutely LOVE these weapons, just simply outstanding. I got one question though, how do you get the bipod down on the FAMAS like in the First Snow video (flippin fantastic vid there!), and how to get it on the ground as seen in the vid?

Is this mod compatible with ACE please ?

For the 3 newbs that just asked if this is compatible with ACE... no it's not. :rolleyes: If it was, first page would've said so.

They don't break ACE though (at least they don't seem to) - try them and see if they do what you want. They are very nice indeed.

For the 3 newbs that just asked if this is compatible with ACE... no it's not. :rolleyes: If it was, first page would've said so.

Actually , it's if it wasn't compatible that it should have been mentionned in the first page , it would have avoided 4 people losing time , but thank you for your answer , even though it was not really a kind one ;)

ACE is used by nearly half the the ARMA community , when your mod is not ACE compatible , you are basically telling half the community to shove off , i don't think it 'd have broken the hand of the OP to write "not ACE compatible " in the first page , but nevermind ;)

I'd have loved to try this mod , but if it means i have to give up on dozens essential mods that goes with ACE , it's a pity . Hopefully compatibility with ACE will be looked at since these weapons looks really high quality , particularly the sniper rifles , cheers :)

C'mon give these guys a break. I love ACE too, but there is a load of extra work that needs to go into a mod to make it fully ACE compatible. If these guys don't use ACE then they are under no obligation to make an ACE version.

Perhaps you could suggest to Robalo that he looks at these next - he seems to be going through every weapon mod out there converting them to ACE!

Yes i understand Jedra , thx for answer mate ;)

I still think it would be great if someone could convert these weapons into ACE really :

French weapons would no longer be relegated to a small niche public , but rather available to all online , and looking at the high quality of this mod and intent of realism , i think it deserves to be available to more people , the community would be a winner , but it's just my opinion , cheers :)

but if it means i have to give up on dozens essential mods that goes with ACE

I don' t quite understand what is the problem here, you can definately use these weapons in conjunction with ace.

If the question is are these weapons compatible with ACE, then the answer is yes. If the question is are the weapons optimized for Ace, then the answer is no. But these weapons aren' t going to make the game crash if you load the addon along with Ace or anything. At least, it doesn' t for me.

The only problems i can think of are:

-Slighly Lower recoil of the famas compared to the other 5.56 guns of ACE (the recoils are configured so the weapons will fit in with the bis weapons in vanilla Arma2, with Ace there is a bit more recoil so you can get a bit of an advantage when using these over Ace guns.)

-No support for the newest Ace functionalities (ability to have both laser and light on the same weapon, animated reticles) and (not sure about this one) lack of Ace dexterity, weight ...etc values.

-Once again not sure about this one, lack of the ability to deploy the bipods.

But these are only minor quirks and you can very well use the pack while playing with ace without having any game breaking problems.:)

cool , thanks for posting Tisman ! :)

i thought it was not compatible and would crash my sp missions , good to know i finally can use them as it is , cheers :)

Posts, 30, arrogance, 100.

Not understanding that R3F_FELIN mod doesn't break ACE, is just not included by the ACE Mod team who choose what goes into the ACE mod? Priceless.

Thank's for your feedback ;)

That's right, this mod is NOT optimized for ACE, essentialy because R3F Team don't use ACE (it's a choice, no discussion needed here).

If there's an "How-to make weapons compatible" tutorial, i'll give a look and make appropriates changes for the next version. Weights, dexterity, recoils are ready, just a few coding lines required i think.

Has any one used the R3F weapons with the Ofrp mod, i tried using the COS team, both my self and AI die when taking a weapon from the ammo creates lol

oki so that's a script from the OFrP team you need to put a line to desactivate it. OFrP put a script to kill any player or AI with an OFrP skin and a R3F weapons...

oki so that's a script from the OFrP team you need to put a line to desactivate it. OFrP put a script to kill any player or AI with an OFrP skin and a R3F weapons...

thanks

ok is that a rival thing or something? where can i find the line to deactivate this?

where can i find the line to deactivate this?

you're not allowed to modify someone else's work without permission.

it's written in the readme.

moreover, the ofrp team are thinking about removing this little script (they had a message to tell, and now it's done) for the next release.

so, wait and see.

but i repeat what I said:

you can't modify the ofrp pbo