Sign in to follow this  
OldFox_FI

New idea of Wild West addon

More money for the additional part of the Wild West for BIS.

I am a long time waiting for additionals parts of the Wild West for Arma.

For example, the era 1860 - 1890 is very eventful time with Indians, Mexicans, outlaws, marshals, horses, coaches, and beautiful landscapes

of Canada and The Rocky Mountains.

Could this be ever possible?

Sorry for my english. It is not so good.

I can imagine the unit diaglogue now:

1: ALL. GET IN. THAT. HORSE. AT. 12 O CLOCK

3: YEE HAW!

5: ENEMY. INJUN. FRONT. 200 METRES.

No matter what you do you cant get it like RDR, we'd need totally new models / animations. The horses alone would take 2 years to invent i guess.

It would rock though.

Answer for 11aTony: I've already tried the Red Dead Redemption game, but for example the artificial intelligence is too stupid for me.

The Red Dead Redenption is good, beautiful and fynny game, but i dont miss the fynny.

Such "fynny" games are already far too much.

War is not fun. Therefore I play just the Arma.

In games I miss the exciting experience with very realistic simulation (good AI).

Those who play Arma game I think they're quite agree with me.

From the gameplay videos I've seen before, Red Dead Redemption is far from realistic as far as gun battles, just about as simplified and ego-centered as GTA, though both are good games in their own category.

However, it sure would be a dream to traverse the Wild West engaging in realistic Arma-like gunfights (w/ period weaponry), where the environment is as unforgiving as it really was, living from day to day earning your keep, where the next conflict that breaks out may very well be your last. No game has yet approached this setting from a realistic standpoint as yet. Of course, too many things to overcome for this to be reality...one can only dream.

Haha!

I think it would be cool if someone made this mod, I mean we already have sorta-old guns like the revolver and the Lee-Enfield (although not completely accurate). It could include cowboy and indian faction and some old-fashioned colt firearms. A new map would probably be needed if it were made.

As for horses, has anyone made it possible to ride animals in arma 2 yet? Like the cow or something?

I can imagine the unit diaglogue now:

:D Wouldn't it read "noon" or perhaps "shootin' time" instead of 12 o clock?

-k

Was done several times in OFP (Civil War Mod, there was a more "Coyboy" mod too), so it's definitely possible.

'Course, not really the sort of thing I'd see BIS doing.

well, now that there's a wild west mod request thread, there needs to be an undead nightmare pack thread that needs to be made.

I'd love to see horse riding in the game.

That would make for some awesome Afghanisatn War mods.

Not to mention open up the potential for so many other themes.