Sign in to follow this  
Muahaha

LA Noire

I do hope that Rockstar will make a good port of RDR to PC and this game aswell.

Rockstar is an amazing developer

I will get this for my PS3 for sure.

The atmosphere feels a bit similar as in Mafia2 which I've been playing on pc recently.

(I still don't understand the hostility towards consoles with some people.. maybe it changes when you have kids)

:rolleyes:

It's mainly because titles going multiplatform never brings anything good to the PC version. In fact, I cannot recall off the top of my head one instance where a title went multiplatform that didn't make the PC version worse. Heck, if you want a recent example check out what's happened to Crysis 2.

It's mainly because titles going multiplatform never brings anything good to the PC version. In fact, I cannot recall off the top of my head one instance where a title went multiplatform that didn't make the PC version worse. Heck, if you want a recent example check out what's happened to Crysis 2.

Oh hohohoho

Theres this little game called "Operation Flashpoint: Elite" you might wanna look up.

Quite a few of the performance enhancements, terrain streaming and that kind of tech came out of moving OFP to console ;)

Oh hohohoho

Theres this little game called "Operation Flashpoint: Elite" you might wanna look up.

Quite a few of the performance enhancements, terrain streaming and that kind of tech came out of moving OFP to console ;)

Guess one slipped my mind. :D

Still, that's only one out of god knows how many multiplatform titles lately, and it was from a known-to-be-reliable developer.

I agree fully. I mainly purchase "PS3 exclusive" ones for my console.

(Uncharted 1&2 etc..)

PC is my favorite platform but I just meant bashing consoles just because they exist, is silly.

multiplatform releases are meant to only milk money out of the players. While exclusives are to really showcase their works... to a certain degree...

And I'm for sure going to get this game, solely on the acting alone makes the game worthwhile to keep.

If it's freeroaming, and not a scripted sequence. It could be a brilliant idea for a game.

I just wish it was for PC.

If it's freeroaming, and not a scripted sequence. It could be a brilliant idea for a game.

I just wish it was for PC.

It is free-roaming, but everything I've read is that it isn't a sandbox type gameplay.

I'd venture it's more like the original Mafia (with a little more freedom and open gameplay) where the narrative has to be more scripted to reach it's pinnacle.

This very much looks like the other side of Mafia...

Funny to see all those actors from Mad men, Heroes...

It looks great, but it shows how rigid the system is : you have to scan the actors 1:1 with even the exact haircut.

Some game play

Rockstar get my vote everytime... this looks to be a different direction, still the big open worlds etc, but no more GTA style "F**K this town up" game/gun play... i like it, and i like the Mafia feel to it.

i recently got a PS3 :D what a great all round entertainment system! look forward to playing this game on it.

I watched about an hour of gameplay stream on justin.tv, it looked pretty decent.

One thing i didnt know: there are garages with secret bonus cars (experimental / extreme sport types) which you can find hidden all over the city, so there is a bit of free roaming that makes a bit sense. :)

Can't wait.

i might ask my brother for his PS3...damn how i hate that, but this games looks like some good fun as it is indeed something else...i still remember the police quests games, which i actually enjoyed a lot back in the day

This is the one title tempting me to find the money to pick up an X360 - but I wonder if Rockstar will play the usual game of porting it to PC a year down the line? Decisions, decisions :D

I still remember the police quests games, which i actually enjoyed a lot back in the day

I loved the PQ series - pure excellence.

Might dust off the 360 for LA Noire. It looks very interesting :D

This is the one title tempting me to find the money to pick up an X360 - but I wonder if Rockstar will play the usual game of porting it to PC a year down the line? Decisions, decisions :D

Did they do that with Red Dead Redemption?

I really hate them for that... (and for the really bad PC Port of GTA4)

Did they do that with Red Dead Redemption?

I really hate them for that... (and for the really bad PC Port of GTA4)

No, they didn't. The GTA4 port wasn't brilliant, I'll give you that, but it was fine with an X360 controller (at least, that's how I played it on my PC). I'd just rather have LA Noire on PC than fork out £160 for an X360, plus the game price... just for the one game. :rolleyes:

The Police Quest series (up to PQ4) is easily my favourite series of games to date, can't wait for this and had it pre-ordered for some time on 360, will arrive here next week, shame my Mum's visiting for the week from England ;)

The Police Quest series (up to PQ4) is easily my favourite series of games to date, can't wait for this and had it pre-ordered for some time on 360, will arrive here next week, shame my Mum's visiting for the week from England ;)

and i was thinking i was the only one who enjoyed the PQ series. seems not

No, they didn't. The GTA4 port wasn't brilliant, I'll give you that, but it was fine with an X360 controller (at least, that's how I played it on my PC). I'd just rather have LA Noire on PC than fork out £160 for an X360, plus the game price... just for the one game. :rolleyes:

You surely have a friend who owns a Xbox/PS3, and i am sure you own a Tv or a monitor for the box. You buy the game, he lends you the button box, you both get to play it ;) At least that is what i will do. It is not like you can play it more than once anyways :P

You surely have a friend who owns a Xbox/PS3, and i am sure you own a Tv or a monitor for the box. You buy the game, he lends you the button box, you both get to play it ;) At least that is what i will do. It is not like you can play it more than once anyways :P

Friends?! What are those? :p In all seriousness... that's not a bad idea. Now I just need to find one of these 'friends' you speak of :icon_mrgreen:

La Noire + Xbox 360 Slim + 5.1 stereo system + 120" projector screen = Awesomeness, can't wait!