Sign in to follow this  
spektre76

US Navy SEAL MOD

Hello all,

I am a 'noob' obviously, just joined. I have ordered ArmA II: Combined Operations. So, I'll officially join the fold on the 21st when it gets here.

So, okay here we are. I am looking for some teamates to put together a MOD team.

Purpose: Build a small three mission campaign using existing ArmA II content. The modding will be the creation of the most feared US Special Forces group the world has ever known....The United States Navy Seals.

I'd like to get the scripting and coding out of the way before the creation of content. The missions will all be night missions because after all they operate mostly at night in case you didn't know.

More details later on the storyline and 'meat and potatoes' of this MOD. I have been wanting to MOD ever since Battlefield 2. Yep it's been that long folks, lol.

I am a very good weapon/vehilce modeller and I use 3DS Max 8.0 and Solidworks 10 + Illustrator and Photoshop CS5.

Project name: 'Tip of the Spear'

Setting: Afghanistan and Iraq

Type: Night operations/stealth/ S.E.R.E./UDT/HALO.

Why the SEAL's? I'm partial to them. I spent 15 years and 6 months in the US Navy.

Email me at: spektre76@gmail.com for further details.

Welcome and good luck.

If you don't mind a proposition: you should show some of your works (even if it's for another game than ArmA 2 or stuff you just made for yourself) so people can see that you actually do have some knowledge and obviously not looking for someone just working for your ideas.

Don't get me wrong, i do not doubt about your skills, people just tend to be more open if they see you actually have already some skills.

Good luck with your project, hope you find what you need here. Hang in.

Yeah I guess I can do that. I'll have to dig up my BF2 'US Intervention' MOD stuff I did. I was just a modeller. I can't animate but If I am just mating my modells to ArmA's animations I shouldn't have to right?

Anyways yeah, I'll post up some weapons and stuff for this MOD.

Yeah I guess I can do that. I'll have to dig up my BF2 'US Intervention' MOD stuff I did. I was just a modeller. I can't animate but If I am just mating my modells to ArmA's animations I shouldn't have to right?

Anyways yeah, I'll post up some weapons and stuff for this MOD.

BF2 'US Intervention' MOD :) Whooo! The good old days of Battlefield :) I played that mod myself and it was a very good one too :D Should be a good one for ArmA 2.

Edited by konyo

If I am just mating my modells to ArmA's animations I shouldn't have to right?

Yeah. You need to make sure that the model matches ArmA's bind pose (the skeleton is available), and then you need to rig it by assigning weighted selections named corresponding to the bones of the skeleton. Then your model should be all good.

BF2 'US Intervention' MOD :) Whooo! The good old days of Battlefield :) I played that mod myself and it was a very good one too :D Should be a good one for ArmA 2.

Did you enjoy the DsHK and my M240G on the M1 Abrams?

Just found out yesterday on another forum someone has already created the 'TF186 SEAL's MOD'. No matter I'm still pressing on......

Edited by SPEKTRE76

Oops sorry Admins for being a noob. I will post this in the correct section. I just saw that you have an area for what I have done here. Can you please delete my thread? I am going to re-post in a different format.