Sign in to follow this  
shezan74

Fallujah 1.0

im having a problem, not all the buildings are in the city, alot of stuff missing

Could you be more specific? I'm seeing areas where the ground texture seems to suggest a building should there, and where city blocks appear to have thinned out since the last version, but I think it's just my imagination.

im having a problem, not all the buildings are in the city, alot of stuff missing

Is "fallujah_hou1_0.pbo" file in the same folder of "fallujah1_0.pbo" file?

remember to delete old fallujah folder and use new version 1.0 fallujah in a single folder, always have only 1 custom map per game shortcut.

Thermal scopes work on this map??

I can't seem to get mine - Therms work fine on Takistan - But here only get big white or black screen -

Also, is it normal when closing out of Fallujah map when in the editor, coming back to the main ARMA2/CO screen - It sometimes just gives basically a whiteout screen - Blurred or stuck image of sorts - You can still navigate to where you need to go (options, scenarios, editor, etc)...but the main image is bluurred.

Great map though!

Edited by meade95

Thermal scopes work on this map??

I can't seem to get mine - Therms work fine on Takistan - But here only get big white or black screen -

Also, is it normal when closing out of Fallujah map when in the editor, coming back to the main ARMA2/CO screen - It sometimes just gives basically a whiteout screen - Blurred or stuck image of sorts - You can still navigate to where you need to go (options, scenarios, editor, etc)...but the main image is bluurred.

The white screen happened to me just now, but soon corrected itself.

I just flew over in a FLIR Littlebird, then an Apache and everything worked fine. Ensure that the last beta patch didn't break your thermal across the board.

The white screen happened to me just now, but soon corrected itself.

I just flew over in a FLIR Littlebird, then an Apache and everything worked fine. Ensure that the last beta patch didn't break your thermal across the board.

I'm only patched to 1.54 (A2/CO) working to well on my system to upgrade (for me)....Plus the latest patch seems buggy as hell...

No. I've playtested on Takistan and Thermal's work fine. Will try again in Fallujah - What I get is a complete white or black screen - Where you can walk or anything once you use Thermals - Completely dark (unless a man is standing right in front of you).

I'm only patched to 1.54 (A2/CO) working to well on my system to upgrade (for me)....Plus the latest patch seems buggy as hell...

No. I've playtested on Takistan and Thermal's work fine. Will try again in Fallujah - What I get is a complete white or black screen - Where you can walk or anything once you use Thermals - Completely dark (unless a man is standing right in front of you).

I've seen that bug on ACE's devheaven. Are you running it?

Nope. Not running ACE - Stanadrd Vannilla A2/CO - I am running ZEUS AI. Also, I'm patched to A2/CO 1.52 (not 1.54).

But, definitely just with Fallujah only - Playtested on other maps all worked fine - Seems to be Fallujah specific with MK-17 Thermals -

I'm running GTX 460 with 258.96 drivers (same drives I had my 8800GT card with and never had any thermal issues).

Nope. Not running ACE - Stanadrd Vannilla A2/CO - I am running ZEUS AI. Also, I'm patched to A2/CO 1.52 (not 1.54).

We're actually with 1.56 version. There are any reason to still keep the 1.52 onboard?

Can you make a full copy of your A2 folder as backup (if you need to keep it at this release for some reasons) and try to install the 1.56 version to check if the problem is still there?

anyone missing static guns placed in the editor that seem to melt away after mission start up on Fallujah? They are on the map a bit then they are gone. The gun crews are still where the weapon is placed.

We're actually with 1.56 version. There are any reason to still keep the 1.52 onboard?

Can you make a full copy of your A2 folder as backup (if you need to keep it at this release for some reasons) and try to install the 1.56 version to check if the problem is still there?

Don't have the time (curretnly) to install the new 1.56/57. But will after the Holidays - I think it likely has to do with me only being patched to 1.52 with A2/CO.

Things were running so well on my system with 1.52 I didn't see the need for 1.54 - And then with patch 1.56 it seems like it causes more issues with half than what it improves the other half of people.

I'm sure the thermals must have something to do with me being patched to only 1.52.

Though, this is the only map I've had such an experiene with - Just DL the new Tora Bora map and Thermals run fine...

Can't say enough about this map though! It is just fantastic! NVGs Ops work just fine - My favorite map to date without a doubt -

at the main airfield the doors wont open to the hanger 2's

Don't have the time (curretnly) to install the new 1.56/57.

Are you kidding me ? Takes about 3 minutes maximum. You must have one HELLUVA busy life if you cant spare that !

Are you kidding me ? Takes about 3 minutes maximum. You must have one HELLUVA busy life if you cant spare that !

lol :p

@shezan74

Using latest patch 1.57 and no mods, thermal works as normal on foot and in vehicle.

Man, this map is the BEST and greatest map i ever played on. Thank you for making it shezan74.

Some issues : I think there are too many rocks and junks on the map. Its almost impossible to get from A to B without any collisions.

Do you plan any changes on the map ? I mean it would be great if you would reduce the number of the rocks and junked vehicles about 50%.

Edited by Vilman

This map is fun.

Edited by kklownboy

Excellent map! It fills the gap that Opteryx Sakakkah left after ArmA1 very well. Nice details & performance for a city of that size too, and it´s got the Hotel building from ArmA1 which i love so much, so extra kudos for that! :D

Just one odditiy with the Hotel, all house positions from 3rd floor upwards are placed one floor too high, leaving the real third floor inaccessible for AI, but creating a virtual 5th floor above the roof which AI love falling to death in if placed by random pos script..

th_falludja_hotelpos.jpg

Awesome map Shezan as usual. I have a nice warfare port done up for it and have a few suggestions based on observing the ai:

1. ai can become trapped at the airfield if their objective is north and they are inside the fence perimeter. I have placed some walk over objects to help with this but a north gate entrance like you have at the east and west would be great (or some holes in the fencing).

2. light vehicles (humvees / uaz) do not seem to like the bushes between the main roads and get stuck frequently if they are in formation. I think that the density of them may be the problem. If I come by with a tank and move the bushes down, they start moving again. Rec either cutting some out or replacing with well spaced palm trees or nothing at all. I'm not a map maker so I dont know what a pain that could be.

3. heliport at the north west of the urban area also needs an entrance possibly on the north side.

4. currently I do not use the south west map area because ai squads will not cross the dam. Three is alot of "juicy" real estate there around fallujah barrage that needs some warfare action!

Thanks again for another fantastic map!

Gut

I have noticed that when I spawn vehicles using Gonza and L'Etranger's VTS mission then seem to drive through all the walls but avoid hitting the buildings. Looks very weird. Not sure if it is a Fallujah problem or VTS. Infantry seem fine with the walls.

Is it possible to have a further go at the taxiing for the airport please? When I try and spawn aircraft in front of the many hangars (thanks for so many BTW !) they seem to want to cross the grass, go through buildings etc.

Infantry seem fine with the walls.

I have noticed that some AI try to shoot through buildings, with some success. :)

I think some of the buildings have faulty fire or geo lods?

Gutm@sher I used a game logic to destroy various sections of the fence which makes it a little easier for the AI to move through. Stick something like "(getPos this nearestObject 192744) setdamage 1"; in the init section.

so, i noticed there's a demand for missions on this map. if anyone has any ideas / inspiration for a few. feel free to pm me, i could make a few.