Sign in to follow this  
shezan74

Fallujah 1.0

I like this map very much. But it seems that the F15 has problems with starting. It crushed every time in the rocks which are a few meters away from the runway. The typhoon has no problems. Tested the F15 on chernarus and it works. So i don't know if it's something about your map or with the usermade addon.

Played around in editor the last hours, incredible work!

Thanks for this wonderfull map-update Shezan74 !

Our mapmaker has already ported our Domination-NOACE (fe. with suicidebombers & IED's) to your new version Fallujah. Thanks for the headsup in advantage on our website.

Quick impression: Damn nice map, good atmosphere in the city & surroundings with the extra objects :), and as could be expected, a little more lag :(

I still love this map and i am curious how it will perform with 30 people running domination on it. You are welcome to join our public 3para-gu server anytime.

:yay:

Thanks for the update. I was wondering why one of the houses was changed. I believe it was the Land_dum_istan3_hromada2 one. I got all kinds of errors on my mission(s) until I took those out. I also show no usable positions within those building types anymore.

***Edit***

I was able to hand jam in my code using old slots. I just can no longer see them with the tool I use. Something change but I think I have adapted.

The addition of the other houses is nice. I have a good base to work off of now for my ai. I really appreciate the effort on the map and it shows your hard work.

Edited by sowens

is there going to be a domination game mode released for this?

i hope so, it is always a good fall back when my squad nights dont have enough numbers!

Great map. I'm playing around with it the last couple of hours.

But one question: Why isn't there a single mosque in the town?

Great map. I'm playing around with it the last couple of hours.

But one question: Why isn't there a single mosque in the town?

Because there are no mosques in Arma 2 materials.

i thank you sir for all nights spent staring at monitor and creating this wonderful peace of map.

s.r:)

Because there are no mosques in Arma 2 materials.

Yes, unfortunately i could not find any building like a mosque for A2, so the "city of 100 mosques" ended without any :(

Unfortunately i don't have a great network of collaborations like other guys have, so i wasn't able to ask it to anyone.

I doubt that a nice mosque will be released in the future, since the ones from A2OA are really nice and beautiful.

I have also planned for actual release a set of power poles with cables for inner city but the objects i've found have a "center of gravity" of the model far away from their center, and this was not suitable for placing cables with world tools.

And without world tools, placing 200 km of cables around city roads by hands will make me crazy or... CEO candidate for General Electrics :D

I'm in love :D! Great job, can't stop playing on it.

why there is not any mesquite or towers that you normaly see in real fallujah videos?

I made a video, no lag, neither fps drop in my rig, runs fluid like a river

N0BLUM6Fg5M

Edited by SpetS15

Yes, unfortunately i could not find any building like a mosque for A2, so the "city of 100 mosques" ended without any :(

Unfortunately i don't have a great network of collaborations like other guys have, so i wasn't able to ask it to anyone.

I doubt that a nice mosque will be released in the future, since the ones from A2OA are really nice and beautiful.

I have also planned for actual release a set of power poles with cables for inner city but the objects i've found have a "center of gravity" of the model far away from their center, and this was not suitable for placing cables with world tools.

And without world tools, placing 200 km of cables around city roads by hands will make me crazy or... CEO candidate for General Electrics :D

If you need help I can lend a hand. I may not be an expert, but I willing to learn!

Just have to say agian - This map is great - Firefights are excellent and pro-longed - AI reacts very well within this city - Especially flanking and with shoot and scooting somewhat on you -

Also, James (00DC15), IED mod works incredbly well (too well!!) within this map - To many places for IED observers to hide and with all the trash laid out throughout the city it becomes hard to avoid places....without walking into kill zones / tunnels - Perfect map for the IED_Man_V6 script.

They are all very Central Asian, however, and would look quite strange in Iraq.

I placed Alice and Silvie modules, but while I saw plenty of empty vehicles spawned, I saw no civilians (4 or 5 when looking through FLIR in airborne Apache) while on the ground, and certainly no one driving around.

For some reason I got the FEELING that the civilians might be spawning underground?

Civilians are spawning from ALICE enabled buildings (with some keypoints inside)

Unfortunately the major number of buildings doesn't have this parameter, and only some buildings are allowed to spawn civilians (the electric cabins are civilian enabled), so not so much peoples are on the map initially (i think you can play with alice parameters to sprawl more peoples, since those buildings has been placed in a regular pattern, all around the city).

I've made some attempts with takistan keypoints (thank you bushlurker) but this will require a complete rework of many buildings in fallujah_hou file.

The worst part of this: if too many buildings are civ-enabled the whole city will spawn peoples, and this will likely hangs up everything. This has been the biggest reason for not playing so much with Alice.

I'm fairly sure I read a thread a while back where people had been experimenting with the old A2 "Ambient Civilians" module, and comparing to the new OA "Ambient Civilians (Expansion)" module... I think the conclusions were that...

* you get more civilians by default with the AC (Expansion) module

* the civilians are only spawned if you're within 500m or so...

Its this second point that might be the lifesaver with enabling ALICE for Fallujah - using the Ambient Civilian (Expansion) module... if the Civs are limited to the players immediate area, it might not be too bad FPS-wise... except flying over the city real fast - that might spawn a whole load of civs real fast and cause a bit of hiccuping...

The only way to find out is to give it a try I guess... there's always an FPS hit with spawning civilians - it's just a question of how significant it'd be...

Its not mega-critical, since its a module - it's optional... if its too much of a hit for your rig you can leave it out...

Meantime, I'll see if I can find that thread about the Ambient Civ modules...

...one final consideration for the whole of the above... implementing Takistani civilians and the Ambient Civilians (Expansion) module places the Falluja terrain squarely in the "Combined Operations Required" camp - if it isn't "CO required" already, it would be afterwards...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

I have an ALICE script to go in init someplace that kills off civ's after the players leave the area and won't spawn them till they are within some defined (defined by the mission maker). I will dig it out.