Sign in to follow this  
snake22brawl

Ratings

Hi,

What are the "mild sexual themes" on this game (as rated by the esrb), I need to know for my son.

Thanks!

the hookers in Cherarus I think, or "implied' hookers, which is just a character model of a girl in a short skirt and jacket. Beyond that I dunno what else unless there's some dialogue during the campaign that would fall under that category.

Apart from the usual soldier talk about chicks and the PG13 hooker models you wont find any pictures of nekkid chicks in the game, no worries there.

On the other hand i would rather think about my ( probably quite young? ) son playing realistic military games with a 16+ ( in Europe that is ) rating than worry about mild sexual themes but thats only me i guess. ;)

Edited by Shadow NX

Apart from the usual soldier talk about chicks and the PG13 hooker models you wont find any pictures of nekkid chicks in the game, no worries there.

It can be arranged though. :licklips:

Oh, how tempting, in which dark alley can we meet for the exchange of money for the stuff?

your kid must have patience to play ArmA, more of an adult game and there are hookers but there are no naked ladies but the men do swear and talk about women a little bit

Actually another thing I noticed. Occasionally you find trash in Chernarus that I've found on occasion that has images of BDSM and people in bondage gear, I shit you not. If you go to the Zub castle and zoom in on some of the scrap papers you see some funny stuff.

Also, there is an evil santa hidden in a chimney, which i suppose isnt very suitable for kids :D

To be a bit more serious though, as others said, there is very little mention of sex in the game. The only thing implying it are the hooker models, which are pretty regular-looking to me, not very sexually clothed or anything. They had to be named hookers for me to know that that was what they were representing.

Other than that, there is some swearing in the game, but the biggest issue for kids would be the blood i think.

In general it doesnt get very gory untill you cap someone in the head, in that case an eyeball might come out and you see an empty socket or a hole in the back of the head (but no visible brains or stuff like that). But there arent any limbs being torn off, if hit by a large explosion bodies usually just fly away which is pretty comical actually.

But, blood can be disabled in the game i think. I dont know about a parental lock though.

I'd have thought that the mild sexual themes stemmed from the Red Harvest campaign, where you have to rescue a woman who has been raped from the Chedaki.

There are lots of people being shot in the face though.

As long as they arent naked it is ok :bounce3:

as long as they arent naked it is ok :bounce3:
:d :d :d

It's to do with the attachTo command ... obviously ;-)

But the Editor allows things to get pretty raunchy..just sayin'

[YOUTUBE]sFUxIJnSU4g[YOUTUBE]

Hahaha, that's hilarious.

the hookers in Cherarus I think, or "implied' hookers, which is just a character model of a girl in a short skirt and jacket. Beyond that I dunno what else unless there's some dialogue during the campaign that would fall under that category.

"Implied" hookers :D :cool: short skirt and jacket, could be any random East-European girl or a Czech chick in the summer :)

To conclude, dont worry about sex in this game. Its violent as it is a war simulator but its not extra gore or anything that is sick. The emphasis is on war, not violence.

Then ofcourse its a fully moddable game so anything can be made. I havent seen anything bad yet and things like that are not very popular/spread.

No worries :)

To conclude, dont worry about sex in this game. Its violent as it is a war simulator but its not extra gore or anything that is sick. The emphasis is on war, not violence.

Then ofcourse its a fully moddable game so anything can be made. I havent seen anything bad yet and things like that are not very popular/spread.

No worries :)

Because we all know Death/Violence is so cute and sex is so evil...

to the OP If you have to ask, go out side and play with your child. Yeah Sex bad, death fun... BS

He asked about sex, I gave the answer from that perspective.

I will not enforce my personal views on any person I dont know, their reasons are none of my business.