Sign in to follow this  
Misfit Leader

Disable crosshair only for me in online game ?

Hello folks :292:

Is there a way to disable the crosshair in online game when the server difficulty settings isn't configured for it ? (so it just affect you and not the whole players)

Thanks.

Game Options, Difficulty (bottom center tab), select your difficulty setting and select edit. You can edit your profile settings also, but that's the easiest way I think.

Server settings override client settings, don't know if there is a way to overcome this.

Server settings override client settings, don't know if there is a way to overcome this.

Thats correct

Only way to do it is with a mod, if the server has key check and not allow this mod then you have no other choice than to look for a new server with disabled crosshair / key check.

But i know how you feel, i would say no crosshairs at all.

because switching weapon sights are useless with crosshair. You can use a sniperrifle for qcb with crosshair and thats bullshit.

Edited by Pain0815

You can use a sniperrifle for qcb with crosshair and thats bullshit.

It is bullshit, but it is also possible :)

Okay, thanks for the info. Hope one day we could force local expert settings for "local" option (crosshair & third person mostly)

I've suggested something like that in the past, but may not fit well with current game, maybe for next game: A server shouldn't dictate your settings, only set the highest possible aid you could choose. So a server allowing everything, you could still turn off (make it harder) everything. But a server that allows nothing, you can't do anything about.

I can choose between servers with plenty of people but with horrific (for me) difficulty settings, or one with practically no people but with difficulty settings I can at least tolerate.

I have suggested other kinds of crosshairs, where size is driven by weapons dexterity, making it very hard to aim (at least fast and accurate) with a slow (sniper, machinegun) weapon, but where fast (MP5, cqb) weapons get an accuracy bonus to the crosshair. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be anyone around willing to make such an addon (I tried but got into trouble with ACE2/A2, as I'm not an addon maker).