Sign in to follow this  
Cyper

Serious problem with setting waypoints

It sounds real simple to set waypoints; mark a soldier for instance, and double-click somewhere on the map.

But it ain't easy. Truth is that it might take up to 30-40 minutes, and sometimes an hour, for me to set a few waypoint due to the fact that nothing happen when I doubleclick somewhere. I spend more time trying to set waypoints than actually doing other editing. I am currently trying to set waypoints for a chopper. But it only work sometimes. Often nothing happes when I click. What the F is wrong?

Are you in Waypoints Mode when double-clicking? After you have selected the unit, press F4 to enter waypoints mode; then double-click.

Are you in Waypoints Mode when double-clicking? After you have selected the unit, press F4 to enter waypoints mode; then double-click.

Yes, I am in waypoint mode..

um, ok these are a few possible causes i can think of

possible causes:

-you are not in waypoint mode

-you did not select the group leader of the unit ( make sure you keep this unit selected because if you single click on the map you wil deselect this unit, so its possible that after some mindless clicking you deselected the unit)

-you are either double-clicking too slow or too fast, maybe try out some different clicking speeds

-you have a problem with your mouse, does your mouse work all the time when doing other stuff on your computer.

-i also sometimes get the problem where the waypoint doesnt want to set, but in general i click around a bit, select another unit, go to unit placing mode and then go back... and generally after a few seconds it works again.

-are you by any chance using an illegal copy or a no-cd crack because if that is the case this might be related to FADE piracy protecion, although i doubt this because FADE shouldnt affect the editor.