Sign in to follow this  
cheesus

[CAMP] Bastard Squad

Just downloaded your campaign and I was baffled!

I got to the town where the bus got in the way..so I died.

But when I tried to load a save it says "this mission is independent...because of deleted content "acex"" or something like that.

Did you perhaps make this campaign while using ace?

Anyway the first 3 minutes where awesome already!

can't wait to continue playing

You will usually get those errors if you are loading addons (eg CBA, ACE, etc). Start your game with no addons (vanilla) and it is error-free.:)

Holy Cheesus. :jesus:

This was fucking outstanding !

You are gifted buddy. You have definitely a huge talend.

This was so much fun.Cartman,was for sure the laugh of the week,and all those cinematics and the tank battle with the TOW....Awesome.

Even without voice acting, i'll give it a 10/10.

Thank you very much for all the weeks/months you spend of your lifetime to make this campaign possible.

Iam sure everyone who played it will honor that deeply.

:respekt:

Just finished :yay:......:(

I want more....more.....MORE!!!! :p

Really entertaining.

I had some issues with intro and outro sequences: They didn't end or in a case I had black screen with a playable intro. I explain: black screen but if I move the mouse and then push "esc" I see a civilian in 3rd person that changes position for the mouse movement. Like I said in a previous post, the first mission didn't end at the waypoint after the bus and I needed to end with "endmission".

I had the "nil variable overridden" as well.

Thank you for your time..........

Does all this remind to someone of "Syphon filter"? :happyagentSmith:

Great campaign. This certainly has the makings of a 'classic' that will become required playing on Arma 2. I liked the movie influences that you used, even the things that were silly/comedy still fit well into the flow of the campaign and did not distract from the core. The only issues I had were with ACE2 and a 'nill variable overidden' that would cause the ACE2 stuff to stop working, but I figured since you listed some packs you thought a player should use that it meant that you had not intended ACE2 to work, or never looked into it.

Great work.. And thanks again.. I was about to put up the Arma2 because I was bored with the game, but you have rekindled the fun. :)

Hello again, it seems I suck at technical support (thanks for helping out Zapperguy). Anywho puzzola: glad you enjoyed the ride, I'd like to know what setup you were using - Arma2, combined ops? and what mods you were using when you ran into your problems, it will help as & when I update the campaign.

As heklos has figured I have only tested using the mods I mention, infact I made a lot of the campaign with warfx & jtd fire running. I should probably update the first post to make this clear as it seems a few people have been running it with ace & I have not tested that - its on the to do list :D

Liking the enthusiasm I'm hearing, makes it more likely I'll make some more stuff...I have some ideas for multiplayer...but I'd have to fill more of my brain with arma scripting & methods :p

Hi cheesus,

I run ArmA2 standalone DVD on an XP pro 32 bit, GPU ATI HD5670.

Mods:CBA, stmovement, zp5_at_fix, landtex, nightgoogles, okt_noblur, sakulightfx, sakusan, warfx_particles, custom reduced vegetation. i load the game by Spirited machine ArmA2 launcher. Hope it will help.

Goodnight

Ok i'm getting a little bit frustrated here.

I'm now on the hill trying to shoot the incoming tanks (I hope you know what I mean)

Now even when I have a direct hit on the tank..it does nothing..not even after 3 direct hits with the result they can come in close and finally kill me everytime.

What am I doing wrong here?

help is appreciated.

(btw: great campaign so far)

My tanks i had to shot just needed two hits to get blowed up.

But a couple times i wasnt able to target one tank whos coming from the right flank of the hill. He came always thru and killed me. But after some tries i got him. ;-)

The only thing i didnt like was the camera when you shoot the TOW.

Camera was shaking strange,but thats just maybe only on me.

Ok i'm getting a little bit frustrated here.

I'm now on the hill trying to shoot the incoming tanks (I hope you know what I mean)

Now even when I have a direct hit on the tank..it does nothing..not even after 3 direct hits with the result they can come in close and finally kill me everytime.

What am I doing wrong here?

help is appreciated.

(btw: great campaign so far)

sarge4267: are you using combined ops? If you are and the mission provides you with a d30 artillery cannon then your running the wrong version - the combined ops version has the TOW launcher. Hope that helps.

Now that I remember, in the same mission with the D30 I had to fire blindly. The optic was opaque and and the 3rd person was far behind and at terrain level. I smashed them all the same using the map :p

sarge4267: are you using combined ops? If you are and the mission provides you with a d30 artillery cannon then your running the wrong version - the combined ops version has the TOW launcher. Hope that helps.

I am running combined ops.

But what do you mean version wise?

Is there another campaign then?

I run to the sandbags and then it automatically puts me in the d30

Edit:nvm i found the version.

Looks like i need to do it all over again..which is not a problem at all :p

I am running the Combined Ops version on a CO installation. I am in the 2nd mission. In the game menu (called with Esc) the only option that is working is "Save". Revert, Options and Exit are unavailable, so I have to close the game with Alt-F4 if I want to exit the campaign or load a game. Was this done on purpose?

I am running the Combined Ops version on a CO installation. I am in the 2nd mission. In the game menu (called with Esc) the only option that is working is "Save". Revert, Options and Exit are unavailable, so I have to close the game with Alt-F4 if I want to exit the campaign or load a game. Was this done on purpose?

Not me, wouldn't know how :p Check your mods maybe?

I also have the same problem.

I also get the error as previousely stated:

The only Issue was a message with an overwritten variable,but i saw no consequence in the mission. Had this at missionstart.

I suggest you two run no mods at all for combined ops if its getting too buggy - I've only had chance to do minimal testing in vanilla CO.

I removed the Tracers and CBA mods I had started the campaign with, only leaving the two recommended sfx ones. The first mission still ended with only the "Save" option active. The second chapter with the tanks started with only the two sfx mods and now all the menu options are working.

Though in both cases, when starting the mission, I got a message saying "WARNING: NIL VARIABLE OVERRIDEN; Please fix Mission or loaded add-on scripts". It doesn't seem to have done anything wrong yet.

In this mission, if 'nil' was used by the mission-maker, it will cause problems for CBA, as well as others, possibly. From the biki:

Never ever assign a value to nil!

Doing so creates a global variable with the same name that overrides the "command" nil:

In this mission, if 'nil' was used by the mission-maker, it will cause problems for CBA, as well as others, possibly. From the biki:

Thanks HateDread! thats going on the fix list - If I recall correctly I have used 'nil' here and there throughout the campaign & there was no need. Hope it doesn't give people to many problems in the meantime.

Well I would recommend you to find another solution for whatever you have done with nil. Its a really really bad Idea to override the nil varriable!

Great missions ... a few glitches I thought I'd mention.

Mission 2 - Those Chenarussian farmers at the party are tough as nails. The fat guy with the shotgun just floats in the air when I light him up on full automatic. He only dies when he walks right up to me letting me spray him down liberally. Another one of those farm boys (nickname "Tank" or "Hank the Tank" ?) took 3 hits from a RPG-7 before succumbing.

Mission 4 - The men in suits don't die when you shoot them. They just go catatonic standing up.

I'm working through "Tour de Force". Very entertaining mission. Thanks ... truly a celebration of Peace on Earth!

Edited by MissionCreep

Please fix the issue with overridden nil as soon as you can. It's a very bad idea to ever try to change the value of nil - it can introduce all kinds of errors that'll be very hard to track down.

So I gave this a try. While it's technically a great achievement and obviously a lot of work was put into it to make it a highly polished campaign, it's also the perfect example of why I don't play CoD and other scripted games - this campaign is CoD to the extreme. If you step just one step outside the scripted corridor where you're supposed to be you die instantly. Any creative thinking is severly punished on the spot.

The cinematic sequences are wonderful and well done but the lack of freedom to act (which is the Arma series' central idea) is... disappointing. You're obviously a very talendted mission-maker - I hope you'll make a more Arma-like campaign next time.

Edited by xxbbcc

So I gave this a try. While it's technically a great achievement and obviously a lot of work was put into it to make it a highly polished campaign, it's also the perfect example of why I don't play CoD and other scripted games - this campaign is CoD to the extreme. If you step just one step outside the scripted corridor where you're supposed to be you die instantly. Any creative thinking is severly punished on the spot.

The cinematic sequences are wonderful and well done but the lack of freedom to act (which is the Arma series' central idea) is... disappointing. You're obviously a very talendted mission-maker - I hope you'll make a more Arma-like campaign next time.

I disagree with regards to the lack of freedom ... just taking one example - the Lumber Mill mission requires some flexibility and ingenuity in clearing the office space of insurgents. I didn't see any narrow scripted confines to what I could do. I found my squad mates unwilling to do much heavy lifting, so I had to do the clearing mostly alone. The insurgents had good tactical positioning inside the building, but thankfully, I think their AI failed them in the end. As the creator said, the missions are HARD! If you fail, try something different.

I'm stuck at Tour De Force ... no matter what I do at the TOW launcher, I end up getting killed. I've reached the point where I run out of targets (destroying the T72, BRDM and assorted thin-skinned vehicles), but still get taken out by what seems to be small arms fire. Any hints?