Sign in to follow this  
cheesus

[CAMP] Bastard Squad

11WDgA3RAwA

Description:

T'was a day after Christmas and all through the house, nothing was stiring except...Bastard Squad - those sneaky Spec ops douche bags who creep around shooting dudes in the back.

Its 2015 and it seems America's influence in the world (along with its unity) has continued on its downward trajectory, what hasn't changed is paranoia. ChDKZ forces in northern Chernarus seem to have new backing - forceful investigation has been deemed necessary.

berezinohospital.th.jpg nightvisionv.th.jpg btrsplosion.th.jpg hangersplosion.th.jpg civcopter.th.jpg

Features:

-Bastard Squad is hard! especially the CQB battles!

-Explosions!

-Some cutscenes!

-A few sets made in the 3d editor!

-Story takes place in the 'Armaversum' (so I'm not entirely to blame)

-Other peoples work! (some excellent community scripts plus Celouch's custom code)

-Lots of music!

-Did I mention explosions?!

Requirements:

-Arma 2

Bastard Squad is not as mod agnostic as I would like, using mods other than those I have tested may result in unpredictable level breakage, crashing & error messages! Please help me fix these issues by telling me the error messages you received along with what mods you were using here on the BIS community forums.

For Arma2 I have tested it with:

- WarFX Particles by OpticalSnare [http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8182&highlight=WARFX]

- JTD FireAndSmoke by JTD* [http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7383&highlight=JTD+FIRE+SMOKE]

- the enhanced audio mod of your choice (Chammy's, HD mod - I like 'em all)

*Warning JTDFire may burn down your entire level if you are not careful!

For Combined Ops I have tested:

- BlastCore by Opticalsnare [http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12975] - its a thing of beauty

Known Issues:

-Bastard Squad is hard! especially the CQB battles!

-My scripting - this is my first release of anything for Arma 2

-Wandering tables & the stuff placed on them - I have lots of trouble with these

-Team AI can get lost on Chapter 2

-Third person camera on chapter 3 can become unusable during defensive sequence

-In combined ops in cutscenes & gameplay dofire, dotarget & dowatch scripting commands don't work like they do in Arma 2 and that leads to some inconsistencies.

Installation:

Place "Bastard-Squad.pbo" into your "arma 2\campaigns" folder. You may need to create the folder.

Download

-Due to inconsistencies between Arma2 & Combined Ops I currently recommend you play Bastard Squad in Arma 2, however I have prepared a version for combined operations.

Download for Arma2 via Armaholic: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12921

or via mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/?zo43whamiczjo4n

Download for Combined Operations via Armaholic: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12920

or via mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/?55mie56ea5jp5s1

Changelog:

26-12-2010 - version: 1.01

- all - removed references to 'nil' hopefully CBA will be less angry now

- ch0, ch1 - minor tweaks for combined ops, dofire works more now, still works better on arma2

- ch3 - minor tweak for blastcore

Special Thanks to:

- Celouch for his bullet-time code

Special Thanks for testing on ofpec.com

- Zipper5

- Wolfrug

- Gotcha

- savedbygrace

Edited by cheesus

Thank you for this!

Have played the first 2 missions and it´s awesome! :yay:

The first mission with the policemen, can´t imagine how long you needed for this timing and all.Great!

I played with WarFX,fireandsmoke, very destructing experience!

Maybe you should say in your Description that there are some big Explosions.

The only Issue was a message with an overwritten variable,but i saw no consequence in the mission. Had this at missionstart.

I can hardly wait to play on tomorrow!

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

hahahahah man!!! you just made my night. i cant stop laughing up my ass, as the BMP just passed by in the first mission :z:

the intro was great, enjoying this one so far definitly!

i cant stop laughing up my ass, as the BMP just passed by in the first mission

I'm going to give this a tilt just for that comment. :936:

This campaign is great and highly polished. Love it!

This one is great stuff. :) Much recommended. Different, though - if you're some kind of realism freak this won't really be for you. But for anyone enjoying fun and innovation and some pretty rad mission design, go for it!

Regards,

Wolfrug

This is ArmA2 goes Call of Duty in the best possible sense :)

...lovin it so far, refreshing

As has been said.

If anyone wanted an example of how to make an awesome cinematic campaign with lots of scripted goodness and atmosphere, this is it.

And humour... thank God for humour at last.

240px-Dat_Gaga.png

Wow, I said let's try this new campaign before going to sleep.........Now I'm all ka-bum and ka-steer and ka-drivefasta!!!!:bounce3:

What an intro, if the campaign maintains this promise......

To end the intro, should I use endmission cheat?

Or I have something wrong?

If this had voice acting it would be perfect. Please reconsider adding it in the future.

Thanks so much for all the positive comments peoples!

IS this MP playable?

nope, sorry too many explosions!

i cant stop laughing up my ass

I could recommend you a good doctor for that...

This campaign is great and highly polished. Love it!

The seal team six campaigns are awesome & I'm looking forward to playing Delta!

Um, I can't even get past the first "mission." There's no way around that damn bus. Am I just missing something obvious?

Aside from that, cinematics are awesome as everyone else has noted.

Um, I can't even get past the first "mission." There's no way around that damn bus. Am I just missing something obvious?

Aside from that, cinematics are awesome as everyone else has noted.

Hello MetalMike, its a pain when buses pull out on you :p

I think the best way to get round the bus is to drive through the town as fast as you can, if your on the left side of the road you can actually drive under the bus as it flips over. Its easier to drive round it on the right hand side, but if its already flipped over its possible you won't be able to get past it depending where it ends up - so like I said you've got to drive fast. Hope that helps a little.

Hello MetalMike, its a pain when buses pull out on you :p

I think the best way to get round the bus is to drive through the town as fast as you can, if your on the left side of the road you can actually drive under the bus as it flips over. Its easier to drive round it on the right hand side, but if its already flipped over its possible you won't be able to get past it depending where it ends up - so like I said you've got to drive fast. Hope that helps a little.

Or you can stop the slow motion by speeding up then slowing down the game time. Thats how I got pass the bus.

Outstanding campaign! This puts the BIS ones to shame. Excellent use of effects & scripting. Would have been even better with a few more missions. ;)

I'm ready for another. :D

:) This was entertaining, even tho the CQB battles were no joke and had to save and load all the time, trial and error :)

Had a few laughs ... armani army lols:)

Just downloaded your campaign and I was baffled!

I got to the town where the bus got in the way..so I died.

But when I tried to load a save it says "this mission is independent...because of deleted content "acex"" or something like that.

Did you perhaps make this campaign while using ace?

Anyway the first 3 minutes where awesome already!

can't wait to continue playing

Just downloaded your campaign and I was baffled!

I got to the town where the bus got in the way..so I died.

But when I tried to load a save it says "this mission is independent...because of deleted content "acex"" or something like that.

Did you perhaps make this campaign while using ace?

Anyway the first 3 minutes where awesome already!

can't wait to continue playing

There should be no ace content in bastard squad, I'd need to know the precise error message you received & what mods you are using to double check thoroughly.

That said its a strange one - a fair few people seem to have played it now without any ace dependency stuff coming up :confused:

As said by the others, this is damn amazing.

I love Cartman... Hysterical hearing him sing.