Sign in to follow this  
SPC.Spets

Soldiers as target practice

How do you set enemy soldiers as targets for practice? I want them to do not move, dont take cover, run, fire, etc, just as a static soldier you can shot/kill

Btw, I use ACE2 in case it influences

thanks!

Try these:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/disableAI

But why so cruel? Isn't the Papertarget enough?? Do you actually need to "kill/execute" people??

Its because if I put a popup target far from 300m it dissapear and its only visible with a scope or binoculars, I dont know why, I have my distance view like 3Km. Thanks I will try that

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

Doesnt work :s

enableSimulation is what you were wanting instead of disableAI. It will "freeze" the object. It'll still die, but won't fall over till you enable it again. You don't get any feedback that you're hitting it I don't think, but at least it won't fall over.

object enableSimulation false;

What is not working ? The target disappear ? If you're using disableAI, you might have another problem.

enableSimulation is what you were wanting instead of disableAI. It will "freeze" the object. It'll still die, but won't fall over till you enable it again. You don't get any feedback that you're hitting it I don't think, but at least it won't fall over.

object enableSimulation false;

This work, but yes, the soldiers doesnt fall when die. I know its posible because I see a practice target with enemy soldiers that you can respwan also using a control panel object, they dont move, dont respond fire, dont go prone, etc, they remain stiil until you hit/kill them

What control panel thing are you talking about? I'll poke it with a stick and see what drops off! :)

its a placeable object with scrips I think, then you can use the mouse wheel and chose, respawn targets, clear targets, etc

I only want a static soldier, there should be a command for that

There shouldn't be a command for it, since no one shoots live targets for practice. There's multiple types of targets for practice already in the game.

If you use the enableSimulation suggestion I made above, and combine it with !alive target test to reenable simulation it will work how you want. They won't move (but will call out Blue on Blue) till they are dead, then they'll crumple.

If you want to actually see the bullets impact on the enemy and its effect heres what I do

in their init. box put

this disableAI "MOVE"; this disableAI "target"; this disableAI "ANIM"; this disableAI "autotarget"; removeallWeapons this; this setCaptive true; this setUnitPos "UP";

You will have to restart it everytime to want all the bodies to come back, I use this to test ACE wounds at different ranges.