Sign in to follow this  
richardg

T-90 Tank has no IR or Night Vision

But the T-72 does? No infra-red or night vision sights, and no laser range finder on the best tank (T-90) for the East? This actually makes the T-72 a better tank in the game.

The model is OLD indeed to implement those features, just like the MV-22 & UH-Y that lacks the Countermeasure and AH-1Z Cobra gunner without FLIR.

the T-90 was made in arma2 vanillla, like all other tanks without IR or NV

the T-72 was updated for takis in arrowhead along with the M1A2 with IR and NV

Adding Countermeasures to MV-22 and UH-Y (One mod in armaholic does) may break some campaign missions in Harvest Red

AV-8B, F35B, MH-60S, AH-1Z are all made ArmA 2 vanilla. Just because that ARMA 2: CO are basically running on arma2oa.exe or New OA Engine (improved) with ARMA 2 Contents loaded in-game. Some of the models may be too old to implement those new features of the new OA Engine, it may be other reasons that those features were not found on T-90.

Edited by avengerzx

Adding Countermeasures to MV-22 and UH-Y (One mod in armaholic does) may break some campaign missions in Harvest Red

AV-8B, F35B, MH-60S, AH-1Z are all made ArmA 2 vanilla. Just because that ARMA 2: CO are basically running on arma2oa.exe or New OA Engine (improved) with ARMA 2 Contents loaded in-game. Some of the models may be too old to implement those new features of the new OA Engine, it may be other reasons that those features were not found on T-90.

They should have been updated. My personal opinion is that it's pretty poor show by BIS not to have updated all ArmA II features to OA standard.

My personal opinion is that it's pretty poor show by BIS not to have updated all ArmA II features to OA standard

my to and 90% the comunity yes do it

for bis -

why you can play it but :rolleyes::(

do you hear us bohemia

the community will a " all on a level " patch - or maby DLC

units and building configs ;)

its not so fine the small doghouse need 2 sabot and the big hospital you can kill with 50 30mm rounds .........:o

the game need a uniformly config redesign ;)

I will pay for this 10€

Edited by JgBtl292

They will do that if everyone has a copy of OA, just to ensure those people that only had ARMA 2 won't benefit from any free updates.

Also of updated, some Harvest Red Missions has to be reworked to ensure no conflicts.

It's worth breaking Arma 2 missions in order to update the content. Repeat, worth it.

If we want to play Harvest Red or the handful of scenarios, we can run Arma 2 without OA.

Why the hell don't Marines have flashlights?

I think these problems should be resolved by a free patch, but I WOULD pay for a dlc that brought everything up to par. Perhaps with some desert skins for the Russians to sweeten the deal.

They will do that if everyone has a copy of OA, just to ensure those people that only had ARMA 2 won't benefit from any free updates.

Also of updated, some Harvest Red Missions has to be reworked to ensure no conflicts.

Harvest red needs to be reworked already;)

It's worth breaking Arma 2 missions in order to update the content. Repeat, worth it.

If we want to play Harvest Red or the handful of scenarios, we can run Arma 2 without OA.

Why the hell don't Marines have flashlights?

The funny thing is that SOME units already got OA features in a patch like TI that was added for the AH-1Z in 1.54.

Adding TI or flares is just a line in a config, nothing more.

It's a pure decission not any kind of technological or time problem.

But the real problem with old ArmA II units show up if you look at them in TI...you have extremly bright IR candles that can hide nowhere due to no specialized IR textures.

But at least flares for MV22 and UH-1Y and TI for T-90 should be in there since this units could then be uses again in MP scenarios.

I would love to see every vehicle TI compatable and i'm sure BIS will eventually do it. It's not too good to look at when some vehicles are all white and some are properly lit using TI. The game is called ARMA2 and every Expansion, DLC should be compatable within the game eventually. If not OA should be a seperate title (OA, not ARMA 2:OA)

Anyway i think their next DLC or Expansion will feature upgraded Russians and some new equipment and a Russian campaign and yes new US stuff/vehicles too to shoot at and MP reasons.

Id'e happily pay OA price again for another big expansion as long as it's not some US/BLUFOR campaign but a OPFOR/Independant campaign.

All BLUFOR campaign fans should want this too because without people interested in the game from all over the world due to no OPFOR or Independant sides your multiplayer community will get pretty boring when people only want to play BLUFOR because of more features.

remember it takes 2 sides (balanced in some way) to have a good war.

I'm Aussie and i want to play OPFOR because i love OPFOR equipment. Even if Russians are Independant it would be great as long as u can fight the BLUFOR and OPFOR

Edited by vasmkd