Sign in to follow this  
Second

MultiDiscussion : TES5: Skyrim, BattleField 3, COD, R6 etc.

Destroying the spirit of the recon's by putting a sniper scope on my shotgun and head-shooting them from 100+m , thats where im having a lot of fun atm.

All my hate....exactly what i DON'T like about modern BF...

Starting to really enjoy this game :)

PuFu, if you could let me in the arma players platoon mate, Under name nuttcasenoodle I saw i got a deny :( ;)

sorry mate, i clicked the wrong button by mistake, and there was no way to redo my action for some reason...

All my hate....exactly what i DON'T like about modern BF...

lol its farcical but thats BF for you all fun & games. :)

sorry mate, i clicked the wrong button by mistake, and there was no way to redo my action for some reason...

ah no worries cheers boss.

Starting to get really fooked of with it now!

2142 ftw!!!

Getting the same shite as with BF2!

Mentioned this many times before,with bf2 could open up on someone in the back for them just to turn around and think -oh? i'm being shot in the back! Then im dead!

Same shit is happening in BF3,as a test-i gave up,stood still pull out my pistol and stared into the sky.

Then someone on ts lets rip on me takes about 10 rounds to put me on me ass and he's like wtf? you invincible??

With 2142 you fire 1st you win simple! :mad:

With 2142 you fire 1st you win simple! :mad:

Complete opposite experience here. I never seemed to kill anyone in 2142 and died all the time.

And having played BF:1942, BF2, BF:2142, BFBC2 and BF3, it still feels like 2142 was the worst of them.

Edited by colossus

Complete opposite experience here. I never seemed to kill anyone in 2142.

And having played BF:1942, BF2, BF:2142, BFBC2 and BF3, it still feels like 2142 was the worst of them.

Lol prehaps my complete lack of skills? :cool:

Edited by ck-claw

Lol prehaps my complate lack of skills? :cool:

Definitely a lack of skill in 2142, but it seems alright in every other BF game.

I misread that. Sorry! :blush:

Edited by colossus

Same shit is happening in BF3,as a test-i gave up,stood still pull out my pistol and stared into the sky.

Then someone on ts lets rip on me takes about 10 rounds to put me on me ass and he's like wtf? you invincible??

looked like you were praying to the sun god ra, was a juicy opportunity to get a service star for the sidearm, me still thinks me stabbing you in the neck few moments before may have some involvement in your annoyence :p

I had no problems killing people in the open beta. Just aim high (chest/head shots) and you will get kills consistently.

Also 80% of the people I killed never got a chance to fire back. The element of surprise is your best friend.

Call of Duty is instant gratification my generation loves this.

Games that instantly satisfy the player typically do well in sales.

Its also the fastest game I know of where you can meet up with friends and join a game and play for an hour, its rediculously fast!

anyways I passed up Black Ops and really glad that I did that game looked even worse than MW2 Treyarch really couldn't get their texture streaming right me thinks.

@ the news about 6k copies being stolen

Thats going to be used against the consumer blaiming piracy and bootlegs blah blah blah fuck the consumer over more and more.

BF2142.... seriously. Give it a whirl. Awesome game.

Yes it has it's issues but it's by far the best BF out there.

I never made the leap to 2142, mostly I prefer modern stuff. I'll still try ARMA3 though. I would still play BF2 if it didn't have some 64 bit OS issues it seems they aren't bothering to look back and fix.

2142 is not pew pew lasers. just the AA. like I've posting. AA is rarely used.

Walkers are just glorified tanks and the guns shoot bullets.

taking down a Titan for the first time is a hell of a ride if the teamwork is there.

0x9m58Vol1c

Edited by jblackrupert

!!WARNING!!

The SP campaign is less than 4 hours (AGAIN).

Isn´t that a new record?

Be interesting to see what people make of it now, i've seen a list of reviews on average getting around a 9/10 score. Going to be hugely popular i imagine it'll meet its sales target, yet every thread i have seen or comments on videos have been entirely negative towards it, mainly its the same old thing as before, but the past cods have done so well I dont see the need to change if it is successful which indeed it is. I own Bf3 and in my opinion Bf3 is a better buy and has more to it. However this wont stop me buying this cod, if i want a quick light hearted blast for an hour this is easy and fun enough to do that. I imagine if you showed an average person ofp1 and then arma 2 he would say it seems not a massive amount has changed except the big leap in visuals. I think maybe the amount of negativity can be drawn to people not wanting to be part of the cod sales and a cod fan because they want to be different and show they are not part of the mainstream.As for myself this week i'll play couple hours on cod and battlefield and the rest on arma and fifa, that's my each to their own right there. At the end of the day its a game and its each to their own, playing a specific video game does not define you or give anyone else the right to define you as a person.

I was just watching BBC World News and the level of stupidity associated with this game is truly awe inspiring.

Apparently it's 'The best CoD ever' according to fans.

I caved and bought Blops but that was purely for the Zombie stuff. I watched a buddy playing MW3 for near enough an hour last night and it is just another excercise in 'America, fuck yeah' :rolleyes:

At one point, there is a whole squad of GIGN trying to fight off an attack. Obviously, they are far too useless so they are freaking out over the radio for the arrival of your 3 man group of Delta to 'save' them.

Another mission has you basically walking on to a Russian Nuclear missile sub and firing off it's missiles as if you were going to the store to buy milk.

How this rates as 'The most anticipated game in history' is really quite a depressing concept to me.

And you are right Jeza, I don't judge people who play the game because as I said, I like the Zombie stuff in the Treyarch games. What I object to is the hyperbole that is present throughout the marketing, not the people who choose to play it.

This at this:

/Core i5 750(3.4GHz) Placa Mãe ASRock P55 Pro /4GB Corsair XMS3DDR3-1600 /Sapphire HD5970 2GB OC Edition XFX 650W/ TV Samsung LN32C550

Nice.

Looks like someone forgot to turn on the super sampling when baking the normal map, woops!

Edited by NodUnit

COD Elite is unavailable for many Users that try to register. It seems that the gate is not wide enough for so many sheep

I dedicate my 100th post to a COD rant!

I remember playing COD 1 and 2 with pure pleasure. They were a nice action fix that sometimes OFP and arma lacked. They had a wonderful formula of pure action, mixed with well paced set pieces and a feeling of working to clear out enemy positions. Then came MW, and I realized that pacing was apparently too boring to the average gamer. That cinematic feeling of running while under fire was pretty much the only thing that mattered. I discovered the invisible enemy spawn halt line. I remember being in a particularly difficult section of MW, I was being overwhelmed by infinite respawning enemies. I tried to crawl through a drainage ditch to try and avoid enemy fire. I shot only one or two bad guys, and crossed the invisible spawn halt line and silence fell across the battlefield. Ridiculous moments like this coupled with the fact you can never clear a position because of infinite enemy respawns caused me to start disliking the series. I like being rewarded for being a good shot, for employing tactics, for properly clearing a position. Instead, COD started simply rewarding crossing an invisible line.

It's true the Multiplayer is another thing, but even that has been nerfed over the years. I remember COD games, where snipers could hold ground (I guess that's called camping these days) and force a team into either charging the line together, or using diversions to get soldiers across the kill zone. I've played MW and MW2 multiplayer games, and they are fun, but they are basically Goldeneye matches. Rush the center of the map, and twitch kill everything that moves. Snipers can set up positions, but maps seem to want snipers to just find a perch, get a few shots off, and be flushed out.

It is not to say the games don't have value. And for the players that want a quick action fix, it delivers in spades. The multiplayer is what it is, and I understand it's fun (having racked up hundreds of Goldeneye MP hours myself). I just miss the days where it had balance between action and gameplay. Action junkies still got a thrill out of the first COD's, I don't see how sales would have been affected by keeping that balance.