Sign in to follow this  
Second

MultiDiscussion : TES5: Skyrim, BattleField 3, COD, R6 etc.

well I have to say I am deeply impressed by the soundengine itself.

While the M4's really sound too, lets say, "pleasant", the M107 has by far the best sound I have ever heard in a videogame!

damn, i am still waiting for my fucking retail copy to arrive. bad call. I am suppose to get it on the 28th

If only BF3 had an editor and modding tools :rolleyes:

what good would that do for YOU?

:rolleyes:

so I tried it out and I can say I dont understand what is all the hype about. Its lame scripted CoD clone, linear, unrealistic, gun sounds make counter strike seem realistic, stupid suicadal enemies jumping from everywhere, dying after one shot to the leg..

and multiplayer is also dumbed down. There is no sense of tactics or anything.

Oh you mean you got a battlefield type game then? :p

There was a video here

Needs more explosions. :/

I loved all the parts where the enemies easily could've killed someone but didn't. For example when he is dragging the guy away from the humvee a friendly guy is behind the humvee and some other guy comes running around from behind that guy but chooses to go for the dragging guy instead. Decently well put together though beyond little things like that.

If only BF3 had an editor and modding tools :rolleyes:

It would've been called Dragon Rising

It would've been called Dragon Rising

that is way below BF3. besides, it didn't have modding tools, just an outside editor.

I wonder how many people bought it just to pick it about and say how bad they think it is?

People seem to forget the most important thing about playing a game. If you're enjoying it, then it's a good game (in basic form). Just because the graphics and sounds might not be to your tastes, doesn't mean it's a bad game.

I bought it and I like it... of course it's not Arma, but I wasn't expecting it to be.

Well I'm gonna skip it. The MP is way too fast and furious for me, and there is no chance in hell of me keeping up with todays shooter kiddies :p I've seen a couple of lets plays, but they seem exactly the same, with absolutely no sense of replayability at all. So now that I've seen it, why bother? It's an awful lot of money for just a few hours... Skyrim, on the other hand :)

That being said, I loved what I saw. Immersion was complete (if ignoring the arcade feel), with a very impressive sound engine (not only talking about the samples, which are a tad overdone, and too abrupt sound environmental changes). Animations were beyond awesome, and that's something I don't focus a lot on.

Apart from all those sunglare, dust 'n' dirt reflections on the screen (btw WTF is that anyways!?!? :D I aint lookin trough some stupid glasses!!1! :P)

Yeah you're right. I reacted on those scratches as well watching it. Made a lot sense in the fighter jet mission and while using gas mask, but not normal vision. Light glare and flares were also too highly cinematic feel.

Also something I came to think about, how many bullets is a normal soldier supposed to be able to carry? 380-400 rounds per two weapons? 12 mags on body and 1 in weapon yields 390, but that's only a single weapon (non machinegun/saw), then double this if two weapons? Or am I mistaken here?

Edited by CarlGustaffa

I have had some great rounds so far and it is nothing like CoD JFTR. The maps are far bigger and the tactical opportunities are there (you need a good squad).

ArmA, it definitely is not, but it is a fine game in it's own right.

The FA-18 sequence in the campaign is one of the most stunning sequences I have ever seen.

From my experience Battlefield 3 is an excellent "Could not activate your game" simulator! :D

Ahh the wonders of DRM...

Yeah, the spinning loading icon is particularly exciting to watch.:yay:

Speaking of ASE Origin, if I can (§3?), is it just ProgramData that needs blocking?

I got COMODO Internet Sec. and it got this very neat Sandbox feature, as well as controls to allow/deny application interactions.

The few things I liked about the campaign:

1) You can actually play as the Russians

2) Russians are not portrayed as baby-eating, civilian-slaughtering fools

3) Those few Russian characters are actually voiced by REAL Russian people (Illya Volok, and I also believe that Dima was voiced and modelled after Oleg Taktarov)

im still waiting for the game to finish d/ling. is anyone able to tell me how well the game runs? im hoping it will run and look as good as bad company 2 did on my machine.

nothing like CoD

They are using the same voice actors as modern warfare :D

Overlord and the black squad leader at least :D

Nobody else noticed that?

The campaign was fun, and i agree the F-18 mission was pretty awesome. Good, solid, entertaining campaign overall. Nothing special, but 6 hours of good fun.

I don't like the multiplayer for countless reasons. I played Battlefield 2 for 1264 hours and i think DICE made no progress ever since. They just sacrificed tons of features for the sake of multi platform.

Compared to BF2:

Handling sucks

Vehicle handling is a bad joke

No more commander

No more squad menu

No more com menu

Smaller maps

More unlocks in a ridiculous way (You have to unlock vehicle weapons wtf)

Origin spyware

etc.

DICE is stepping backwards... :(

I'm hearing about lots of issues with PC Origin, Activation, Trying to join a server, stuck at lobby, freezes etc.

On the other hand, XBOX players seem to be having a blast (What is the world coming to eh!).

F-18 mission was pretty awesome.

You mean the one which played itself and all player had to do is:

Press X when missile is fired

Press LMB when target is locked

And nothing else?

Why not watch some movie instead?

Backwards is trendy.

Seriously? Vehicle weapons? :D

Yep.

For example:

M1A2 unlocks

Smoke screen

Secondary LMG

Autoloader

Zoom optics

Maintenance (regen upgrade)

Secondary Heavy Machine Gun

Proximity radar

Guided shell

Thermal optics

Thermal camouflage

Reactive armor

You even have to unlock FLARES for aircraft :D

AH-1 unlocks

Stealth

IR flares

Heat seeking missiles

Main cannon autoloader

3X zoom

Proximity radar

Air radar

Guided missile

Extinguisher

Maintenance (increased auto-repair)

Thermal optics

Laser painter

ECM jammer

Guided rockets

TV missile

Sucks big time in my opinion (the whole unlock system)...

Why not watch some movie instead?

I totally agree. In fact, that thought crossed my mind throughout the whole campaign (why don't i just watch a movie instead?) :D

Nonetheless the mission had a great atmosphere and immersion (with like 0% replayability. Like the rest of the campaign.)

Edited by sxp2high

did they fixed the squad menu. As in can i join whatever squad out there, especially if i am playing with friends?