Sign in to follow this  
Second

MultiDiscussion : TES5: Skyrim, BattleField 3, COD, R6 etc.

Not sure about this game any more! maybe ive been playing too much BFBC2?

bout 3 months ago i un-installed arma due to mad frustration with the editor and other things and started playing BFBC2 for the first time, it was a breath of fresh air, been playing solid ever since.

Just lately its become slightly claustrophobic with game play, boring objectives etc, so i re-installed arma, setup a simple warfare map and its been another breath of fresh air! didnt think id missed it so much.

Still gonna get BF3 cos its too damn sexy not too, hopefully with a new system it wont take over 2 hours to install Arma2OA and all her patches.

But it started the whole degradation of the series, methinks.

That's often the way, that an actual good product can start a downward trend. I have a theory that Raiders Of The Lost Ark did just that - as good as it was, it started a trend of formulating movies to exactly the same pace. Big bang at the beginning, bang every 15 minutes, big bang at the end. Almost every (action) movie is like that now.

But it started the whole degradation of the series, methinks.

If you're saying that COD4/MW1 started the degradation of the series then I couldn't disagree more.

The story in MW was excellent from start to finish (very action-heavy, but not as ridiculous as the sequels), graphics and performance were great, MP still had dedicated servers with modding capability, overall gameplay was superb. In my opinion, MW1 was the high point of the COD series - it did everything right.

If you're saying that COD4/MW1 started the degradation of the series then I couldn't disagree more.

The story in MW was excellent from start to finish (very action-heavy, but not as ridiculous as the sequels), graphics and performance were great, MP still had dedicated servers with modding capability, overall gameplay was superb. In my opinion, MW1 was the high point of the COD series - it did everything right.

True that. I had lots of fun playing it with my friends and only them. Then it all went down the hype hill.

I try to be as less objective as I can when it comes to games, but the amount of hype and FPS OF THE YEAR!!!!!!! MW 2 got for what it delivered left me with a bad taste in my mouth. I think it evan recieved PC game of the year from GT... :D

Well, we all need some brainless fun sometimes and that gap is sure filled nicely by these games.

It's like an action series that gets you pumped up once a week and meantime you can just forget about it's existence.

I love to keep my pc shut occasionally and just fire up my PS3 and entertain myself. At the moment playing Crysis again with console. However I only play Red Dead Redemption online so I do't have any experience from the COD/MW MP section.

I did loan the PS3 version of COD4 from a friend of mine but the fact that it was so over-scripted tube run made me lose interest fast.

However I only play Red Dead Redemption online

What's that like online? I got it but haven't really played it too much, I usually fire up madden when I'm feeling meh with the pc

You got me wrong. I also think MW1 was pretty ok (SP Campaign, modding tools), even tho it started a bad trend in CoD history (MP being total, sensless, DMish, mayhem and "let's just do even faster and more explosion-intensive campaign!"). I didn't played it much, it pushed me out very fast...

CoD: BO was good in SP (many good ideas, great setting and story, fun gameplay, zombie mini-game), but it's MP and whole DLC thing sucked... just like MW2 and most probably (to me), MW1.

Not long ago, friend showed me CoD: WaW. There was nothing really cool about it, until we fired Coop. And then I couldn't understand, why noone ever thought "hey, let's do cooperative CoD with ability to make new coop maps, they'll love it!". The same goes for EA MoH: Airborne...

It could've been big.

Edited by JonPL

I've been playing the closed beta on my Xbox the last week, and must admit I'm pretty impressed about the possibilities of the engine. It's damn sexy, and the CQB is incredible when thinking about the dynamic destruction of the landscape - I like it :).

Looking forward to see how well it plays in open battlefields ;).

I've been playing the closed beta on my Xbox the last week, and must admit I'm pretty impressed about the possibilities of the engine. It's damn sexy, and the CQB is incredible when thinking about the dynamic destruction of the landscape - I like it :)

Can you tell me which kind? You mean that "ultra realistic" bloom with insane contrast?

Edited by RobertHammer

1. Facebook only goes after anything you "like" and FB specific files, just like Steam and every other service

I've heard some truly disturbing things about disgracebook but this is not the place for that discussion.

2. Doesn't stop them from logging the IP address, logging your files, logging your browsing history, logging what programs you've got installed.

What exactly are they going to do with your IP? This is EA we're talking about, not P8H8. While I'm not always a fan of their business practices, I don't think that's worth worrying about.

There is no evidence to suggest that it is logging your browsing history etc and if some ever comes to light, I will adjust my stance accordingly.

The two come hand in hand. I can't comment on BF3 on PC because i refuse to install Origin, i can't tell how BF3 will truly be like on its native platform because of EA. You can talk up DICE all you want, but i can't see any of it because of EA's stonewalling, so really that Beta may as well not exist to me.

I'm not 'talking up' DICE and the fact that you won't install Origin is your problem, not anyone else's.

I was merely pointing out that I like being able to test stuff before I pay for it and I specifically said that I did not want to get into a discussion about Origin because I'm not a fan of it either.

Cheers :D

Edited by BangTail

Well games like CoD are obviously made for instant fun and there's nothing really wrong with it right?

When BF2 / BF 1942 (or even C&Q) was realeased it didn't pretent its like war simulation or anything but it was sort of revolutionary.It had many features not seen before (at least i didn't recognize them elsewhere) and just after few moments playing it you recognized that developer really tried, and tried hard to bring something to PC gamers back than.

Imho, CoD is the most visible model of todays thoroughly rotten gaming industry and i dare to say business alike.

Something like when you happen to buy nicely packed apples only to find out its already half rotten when you open the package.

Than you come back and they will sell you even worse for the same price, all over again but hey, people just do that and by thousands, so must be how it goes, right?

Something that anyone would hardly ever get used to, yet its happenning right now.

That said, its rather activision than the game, CoD, itself i guess.

I simply never enjoyed POP music but I respect anyone who might like it...

Edited by Bee8190

Aside from reasonably good fireteam and commander interface. What exactly did BF2 bring to the table? It certainly didn't revitilise a stagnating PC gaming scene. Counter Strike had (and probably still does) the FPS genre påretty much nailed down.

Not to get in a shitflinging session, but I dare say CoD: MW1 did much more to bring more (and new) people into the FPS genre. A completely different topic is Black Ops which had a craptastic story, fundementally boring SP gameplay, and unenticing MP.

Also Codename Eagle .

-k

I'll always remember BF2, for me, it's gameplay was revolutionary.

Anyway, COD MW3 is a no go area for me. I've thrown in the towel after Black Ops, what a bunch of crap that was.

Geeez...

Edited by JonPL

Yes, and You can even notice ruMpel @ 0:31. Now who knows, who is the guy and why he's a legend? :)

It's a game, get over it :rolleyes:

Rather strange considering bf2's vehicle damage, hell you could drive an abrams tank down bumpy terrain and off a sheer, and you had to do it very carefully because simply landing too much weight on the struts would damage the vehicle.

Jets were extremely fast in BF2 though I think they slowed them down as a sort of balance, makes sense for bombers but not so much fighters since bombs were essentially was made fixed wing such a massive threat.

Q7GVSx7yMaA

Wow, all those different settings look amazing!

I think i will realy enjoy the campaign

I think i will realy enjoy the campaign

Same here -although I like the challenge of PvP -alot of times I can't really settle in and just get immersed into the whole experience as Im too worried about all of those hiding places the 13 yo's have memorized to snipe me from.

Ooh, sweet. As short as they are, I liked their single player games and they're the only reason I bought them. Can't wait. :)

Abs