Sign in to follow this  
Second

MultiDiscussion : TES5: Skyrim, BattleField 3, COD, R6 etc.

its not all that different. I mean okay Yes bohemia may be bigger and have more money and listen to the community as you say, but it still doesn't excuse putting an unfinished game on the shelves that had terrible game bugs in it. I mean come on some of you seem to have a short memory, I can remember when many of the regular popular members on here were going crazy about the bugs arma 2 had, any new arma 2 thread was instantly backed up with complaint after complaint, one member even considered legal action. some of the non bis forums blacklisted the game and gave it a very bad reputation i rememer one forum saying "if the developers cant be bothered to test for bugs properly and get them fixed before release date then why should we be bothered to pay money out for a broken game?" I can remember how the community felt, and the anger posted when a company as big as bis could release such a broken buggy game the way it did. and yes bis did listen to our requests as you truly say, however it still took over 6-9 months after release for any decent fixes to take effect. Manhatten was still twitchy, bitter chill & dogs of war was... well lets not go into that one

Edited by Archamedes

its not all that different. I mean okay Yes bohemia may be bigger and have more money and listen to the community as you say, but it still doesn't excuse putting an unfinished game on the shelves that had terrible game bugs in it. I mean come on some of you seem to have a short memory, I can remember when many of the regular popular members on here were going crazy about the bugs arma 2 had, some even considering legal action. I can remember how the community felt, and the anger posted when a company as big as bis could release such a broken buggy game the way it did.

Funny I don't recall any game breaking bugs apart from some in the campaign and the awful manhattan mission.

its not all that different. I mean okay Yes bohemia may be bigger and have more money and listen to the community as you say, but it still doesn't excuse putting an unfinished game on the shelves that had terrible game bugs in it. I mean come on some of you seem to have a short memory, I can remember when many of the regular popular members on here were going crazy about the bugs arma 2 had, any new arma 2 thread was instantly backed up with complaint after complaint, one member even considered legal action. some of the non bis forums blacklisted the game and gave it a very bad reputation i rememer one forum saying "if the developers cant be bothered to test for bugs properly and get them fixed before release date then why should we be bothered to pay money out for a broken game?" I can remember how the community felt, and the anger posted when a company as big as bis could release such a broken buggy game the way it did. and yes bis did listen to our requests as you truly say, however it still took over 6-9 months after release for any decent fixes to take effect. Manhatten was still twitchy, bitter chill & dogs of war was... well lets not go into that one

Since when is Bohemia bigger than DICE/EA and have more money than them?

I think you got some things mixed up. BIS is a small company with limited resources that produced a game of such scope that it's almost impossible to get all the bugs. Furthermore they had to rely on some pretty bismal publishers who thought it would be ok to release an unfinished game way ahead of schedule (you have to remember that it's the publishers that set release dates, not the developer.) DICE is a much bigger company with a very big publisher (EA) behind it that is going to release a multicrossplatform game with much lower standards. Because BF3 is primarily a console title it should not have many bugs in it due to the fact the consoles are 5 to 6 years old.

Also it looks almost like you're talking about the flashpoint games by Codemasters as i don't recall anyone talking about class action suits against BIS. Get your facts strait please.

Funny I don't recall any game breaking bugs apart from some in the campaign and the awful manhattan mission.

those were the ones i was talking about, believe it or not, not everyone in the world plays multi player, some of us do stick to single player missions. Manhatten worked when it felt like and was impossible to get passed when the game first came out. I think it was dogs of war had a terrible bug where the mission would load, and you would be stuck in a cutscene were the characters were talking in a group and as soon as you got the controls you got shot down from all angles and had no way to get round it. After they fixed this bug the mission loaded up completely different.

Also it looks almost like you're talking about the flashpoint games by Codemasters as i don't recall anyone talking about class action suits against BIS. Get your facts strait please.

no im not talking abouit flashpoint, i joined this forum just before arma 2 was released and i distinctivly remember one member on here saying he should seek legal action, not sure if it was jsut a threat or a mindless comment that didnt go anywhere but i promise you it did happen, and im not prepared to go through 2 years of forum threads to find it, but if someone can dig out the original arma 2 bug threads, there were about 3-5 threads in total in different forum sections with complaints about the game when it was first released you will see that i DO have my facts straight

Edited by Archamedes

Do we need to do the whole BF3 versus Arma and Dice versus BIS crap?

Do we need to do the whole BF3 versus Arma and Dice versus BIS crap?

I don't see how they're related.

2 vastly different companies and 2 vastly different games, not even in the same genre.

Well forum rules clearly state that:

No less than 30 "Y BIS NOT GUD LYK BF3 THYE SHULD MAKE PERFECT GMAE!!!!1!!1!" and "AMRA VS DICE" forum topics should be posted every hour.

But on a more serious note, I will be checking out the beta on tuesday since my internet is slowed until then (Damn Australia).

I shall report my likes and dislikes of the game once tested.

I mean okay Yes bohemia may be bigger and have more money

What?

Also i never disagreed with the sentiment, only that DICE's game is so small in comparison and their budget is huge, given EA's backing, that stuff like this should be minimal at best.

YGaP5wTYLtQ

Great video - showing the "awesome" BF3 Hit Detection

and this issue pisses me off all whole time of playing this beta

It's the same for BC2, I've been killed many a time while transitioning from cover to cover, and being behind full heavy cover and being killed by a measly P99 or Uzi.... there is no way to combat it, as no two people will have the same ping/desync. :mad:

;2031151']It's the same for BC2' date=' I've been killed many a time while transitioning from cover to cover, and being behind full heavy cover and being killed by a measly P99 or Uzi.... there is no way to combat it, which as no two people will have the same ping/desync. :mad:[/quote']

These issues in BF3 - never had in BC2 , of course it sometime the hit not worked ,but it was still better in my opinion (hardcore mode btw)

Edited by RobertHammer

This is a problem with all the Frostbite engine games for some reason, Medal of Honor had this too.

It's not really gamebreaking though it will make you want to pull your hair out from time to time.

Hi,

yes can someone make a server in which all servees promise not to ever play more then 30 minutes a day so I can live a little -make them pinky swear,

kthnxbai

this game is going to rocks. even with all the bugs and failures of this beta i can clearly see an huge potential on it. ordered my limited edition. want to go back to karkand to see how looks like to destroy that map with my tank/rpg.

I really like the beta, although the hit detection/low weapon damage really pisses me off at times. If i am the first in really close quarters to hit someone i dont expect them to make it through the fight alive. I also prefer respawn in waves and no killcam, but overall i really like it.

EDIT: Also, the animations look nothing but amazing.

EDIT: I am even going to enable my crossfire again just for this. :D

Today i went on a bolt action rampage. Take the scope of the SV98 and throw it in the bin, TADA, a nice bolt action rifle.

Maybe i played RO2 a bit too much :D

A new DLC has been leaked... way before the game has released... :D

It includes 4 maps from BF2 and 10 unique weapons, most notable for me being the L85A2 & L96. You can find the news here.

;2031746']A new DLC has been leaked... way before the game has released... :D

It includes 4 maps from BF2 and 10 unique weapons' date=' most notable for me being the L85A2 & L96. You can find the news here.

HK53 and MG3 :yay:

Not that this was unexpected...but i have to say it, dick move. Make the DLC before the game is released, instead of putting it on the disk, sell for extra dosh...

And this will continue and worsen so long as people buy it, I can see this getting to the stage where developers only create a base game and you have to purchase addons/dlc to make the game feel playable.

We as the consumer have the power to stop dlc in its tracks, but alas most see it as a shiny new toy they never would of had otherwise.

;2031915']And this will continue and worsen so long as people buy it' date=' I can see this getting to the stage where developers only create a base game and you have to purchase addons/dlc to make the game feel playable.

We as the consumer have the power to stop dlc in its tracks, but alas most see it as a shiny new toy they never would of had otherwise.[/quote']

So damned true its not funny. DLC used to be a good concept, but then publishers found they could exploit it....and now we're paying for it.

I was excited about this game for a loooong time, but all these issues (no modding, Origin crap, too much like BC) have slowly dampened my enthusiasm to near zero. Finally, the fact that three of my friends canceled their pre-orders over the weekend has convinced me to follow suit. No BF3 for me.

Ah well, more time for TakOH, Minecraft, and of course Arma2 with a certain mod that shall not be named. ;)