Sign in to follow this  
Second

MultiDiscussion : TES5: Skyrim, BattleField 3, COD, R6 etc.

i actually wanted to ask the same thing. Is FF even possible?

At the moment that would most likely mean that there would be a lot of those, more kills from your own side than the other way around.

At the moment that would most likely mean that there would be a lot of those, more kills from your own side than the other way around.

FF is possible only in Hardcore mode

Played it on console (both) because i'm not installing Origin just to play a Beta...wasn't exactly blown away, felt very run of the mill.

Just another twitch shooter.

probably a good thing that its off because at the moment im having a very hard time distinguishing between who's who most of the time.

probably a good thing that its off because at the moment im having a very hard time distinguishing between who's who most of the time.

Yes , those PLR guys look sometime same as the marines

Edited by RobertHammer

Played it on console (both) because i'm not installing Origin just to play a Beta...

This is a game I can see myself enjoying.

Is Origin just like Steam?

Or is it just a download system.

By this I mean that if I buy the disc, will I have to sign up and login to some stupid third party shop software each time in order to play or can I just choose a game from the ingame server browser?

Also do you think we will be able to host offline servers. Even if they are not dedicated servers it would be fine for me. I like to have local games with bot players and my friends, rather than pitch videogame virgins against internet experts.

I don't know why people on this forum hate BF3 so much. I understand we're all video game hipsters here :) but it's still a very fun game, seems to be balanced and much better than Call of Duty.

This is a game I can see myself enjoying.

Is Origin just like Steam?

Or is it just a download system.

By this I mean that if I buy the disc, will I have to sign up and login to some stupid third party shop software each time in order to play or can I just choose a game from the ingame server browser?

Also do you think we will be able to host offline servers. Even if they are not dedicated servers it would be fine for me. I like to have local games with bot players and my friends, rather than pitch videogame virgins against internet experts.

It is supposed to be more like Steam, but it fails by several orders of magnitude. It has just been launched though.

There is no in-game server browser, and Origins's Overlay (Shift-F1) does not replace an external browser in order to join servers (Opera is not supported). User's web browser of choice has to support the instalation of plugins, I assume for all Battlelog functionality related stuff (VOIP, pinging servers from clients machine...)

Any offline usage that has been admited is the SP campaign. Lan games are not supported. Existing dedicated servers can only be rented to a 3rd party.

Edited by gammadust

Yah, liking the game - HATING Origin.

I really hope Steam and EA sort their differences out because the sooner I can get rid of this Origin crap, the better.

I didn't really find myself enjoying the game at all until I successfully got onto a test server that was running Caspian Border:

jIfbTdpkgBs

Shame that today is the last day Caspian Border will be tested in the Open Beta. :(

E8400, 4Gb, HD4830. The performance is so bad that the audio isn´t in sync with what is happening. xD

When I upgrade for A3 I may give it a shot again, for now Im fine with A2 and RO2.

Have to say I am enjoying myself playing it, even if (at least the Rush mode) doesn't feel like "proper" battlefield. Would love to have tried Caspian Border though. Joined the Arma Players group made by PuFu too.

It doesn't feel like "battlefield" because it's a BC2 game mode. Once we can all play conquest on the huge maps it will be great.

Shame that today is the last day Caspian Border will be tested in the Open Beta. :(

It is hard to imagine what wind was crossing EA/DICE's heads to tease fans so much with Caspian Border, only to shut it within 2/3 days after. They are getting some very predictable flak right now. They would be better off not allowing anyone have a hint at CP altogether.

Their beta logistics are reaching new lows.

I don't know why people on this forum hate BF3 so much. I understand we're all video game hipsters here
Naw, man - it's more about tolerance for:

a) arcade shooters

b) corporate greed

c) overhyping

From what I saw from last gameplays it looks like it have it's potential and can be fun, but then again, meh (point b) - Origin spyware, picky Battlelog and finally the "you can't host your own server for free" thing. It's not the way I wan't my game served. And than, finally (point c), there's that ultimate love for BF 3 (that suprisingly mean hate for everything else), like it's the best thing in the world, "(...) and if You think otherwise, You suck cocks".

I think most of the people are hating the last two, like me, not the game itself.

From the only map tactical players seam to lay some hope still for BF3, including me.

This looks familiar, no?

By2Ds-GG4-A

The first minute is just hilarious... don't miss second 35 on.

Edited by gammadust

Flying tanks? Where are those COD kiddies that complained about flying tanks in Arma now?

Flying tanks? Where are those COD kiddies that complained about flying tanks in Arma now?

I was thinking precisely the same thing.

It's Beta...

It's beta that is less than a month away from the release date.

Which very much means BF3 goes gold in a day or two.

Also I knew pre-release bullshots were shoop'd

Looks like CoDMW with overexaggerated contrast and ugly blue tint.

And the gameplay is so slow (on 'Rush' - the irony) plus stupid unlocks. Guess I've expected too much from another console shooter.

From the only map tactical players seam to lay some hope still for BF3, including me.

This looks familiar, no?

The first minute is just hilarious... don't miss second 35 on.

No can't says I recall that..only when server not responding and oh the funny things.. Looks like it was more of an issue with the server than the game since at 1:45 both vehicles start going crazy.. I do like how in the first incident there is 'smoke' when the tank shoots up. Great stuff.

It's nice to see it looking more like bf2 now, I just hope they can this origin stuff when it is actually released, I don't mind the slow gameplay so much..hourly matches are something I got used to in bf2.

No problem in bugs being found out, BETA ofc... they will get ironed out, to a certain extent at least. But...

Battlefield 3 is the successor of Battlefield 2 that came out already in 2005, so it’s been a long time coming for us to develop the sequel. We felt that we’re going to do a true sequel to this game (Battlefield 2). Of course, we needed to look at what we had in that game (Battlefield 2), and also listen to what the community wanted, Bringing back Jets was, basically, one of the top three things they wanted. One of the other things was definitely the return of the huge 64 player maps. It really is exciting to have 64 players at the same time playing on PC, going back to the roots of what Battlefield 2 was all about.

Karl Magnus - Link quote at 1:50m in

Unfortunately DICE was having Bad Company 2 more in mind instead, this is what is pissing a lot of fans...