Sign in to follow this  
Second

MultiDiscussion : TES5: Skyrim, BattleField 3, COD, R6 etc.

The open Beta begins on September 29.

RUSH mode only.

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/beta

Pretty much confirms it's going to be Bad Company 3 with planes and tanks.

Conquest will be held off until they get everyones money, we then find out the enormous maps aren't so enormous

most of what you see merely set dressing behind invisible walls.

Edited by jblackrupert

The open Beta begins on September 29.

RUSH mode only.

Pretty much confirms it's going to be Bad Company 3 with planes and tanks.

Conquest will be held off until they get everyones money, we then find out the enormous maps aren't so enormous

most of what you see merely set dressing behind invisible walls.

Dice/EA's pr bulls***ing machine is in full swing. Recommended specs: quadcore and GTX460.:eek::confused:

It's an xbox360 game so a low end dualcore would run BF3 maxed out with no problems.:rolleyes:

health bar with regenerative health (with a little delay.:rolleyes:).

Mod tools on the backburner (i doubt if we're going to see mod tools at all as it looks to be more and more a console port).

It is obvious that they want to compete with MW3 and need to turn BF3 into BFBC3 in order to do that.:(

Dice/EA's pr bulls***ing machine is in full swing. Recommended specs: quadcore and GTX460.:eek::confused:

It's an xbox360 game so a low end dualcore would run BF3 maxed out with no problems.:rolleyes:

health bar with regenerative health (with a little delay.:rolleyes:).

Mod tools on the backburner (i doubt if we're going to see mod tools at all as it looks to be more and more a console port).

It is obvious that they want to compete with MW3 and need to turn BF3 into BFBC3 in order to do that.:(

+1

True that - they want those MW2 players and most the players are thinking like this "OMG itz Battlefield 3 , that is awesome , epic grafics (with super AA used only in Screenshots lol) , large maps , jets wooah"

They use the Super AA treatment on the videos also.

DICE admitted to it on the UK forums just after BC2 was released when a few people including myself started asking questions about the strangely sharp "Screenshots"

which had the Mac version of Photoshop CS5 in the EXIF data.

The recommended setting will suffice only medium graphics I heard. Imagine how cheap will be the console version graphics.

Operative;2027332']The recommended setting will suffice only medium graphics I heard. Imagine how cheap will be the console version graphics.

Their community guy said the recommended settings are for high (although most of the BF3 forums don't believe him, LOL).

Those who have seen the console version at trade shows say it looks pretty close to the PC version; especially the PS3 one.

I'm certainly not going anywhere near this 'PC is the lead platform, honest' game at release.

Would some kind Beta Tester be kind enough to give us a brief overview of this game? Im curious to:

- Does it feel arcadey in that fast twitchy kind of way?

-Are gunfights satisfying and drawn out or super quick and over?

-Are animations as good as they look and do they add immersion?

-Thinks it worth the $60?

Would some kind Beta Tester be kind enough to give us a brief overview of this game? Im curious to:

- Does it feel arcadey in that fast twitchy kind of way?

-Are gunfights satisfying and drawn out or super quick and over?

-Are animations as good as they look and do they add immersion?

-Thinks it worth the $60?

Well i don't play the BETA but from the video's it does look very arcadey and twitchy. Also in terms of gunfigts, there are no ballistics in the game and in the video's everybody is firing autofire so don't expect long drawn out firefights. The good animations you're seeing are only in SP. The dragging of wounded are actually only cinematic. To me it looks like it's more like BFBC2 and CODMW2 than a BF game so not worth the money.:(

As long as it plays like BF2, I'd like it.

My worries are that it will have no large maps and high player counts.

As long as it plays like BF2, I'd like it.

My worries are that it will have no large maps and high player counts.

It plays same as BC2 for 99,9%

And thats reason i call this fake BF3 or BF3: Bad Company

I have no idea what BC2 looks or plays like.

The console versions have all been off my radar. I shan't look at this one either unless I find out that it has 64 player plus sized maps.

32 players for consoles, 64 players for PCs.

yet another teaser for a trailer...GJ there...

The good animations you're seeing are only in SP. The dragging of wounded are actually only cinematic. To me it looks like it's more like BFBC2 and CODMW2 than a BF game so not worth the money.:(

I thought that was obvious from the beginning, just like the E3 2005 Killzone 2 vid.

Man I don't get all the hate, it's not like you need to run down BF3 to validate ArmA - it's not a simulation and it doesn't set out to be. I intend to play a lot of BF3 and ArmA3 and enjoy the respective strengths of both.

Man I don't get all the hate, it's not like you need to run down BF3 to validate ArmA - it's not a simulation and it doesn't set out to be. I intend to play a lot of BF3 and ArmA3 and enjoy the respective strengths of both.

2nd

BF3 will be a great game when it comes out, no matter what dice have said leading up to it

I don't understand the complaints saying it's twitchy and arcade, thats what BF is and always has been since BF1942.

What makes BF unique is the other parts that games like COD don't have. Squad leaders, commander, designated roles with appropriate weapons and tools , Assault [Lines]/Conquest mode, Rewards for doing the job your choosen kit/role is supposed to...etc

Despite everyone being a supersoldier who had a insta-parachute allowing them to jump off buildings and stuff you still need to work together using tactics to win.

Bad Company destroyed a lot of that and now it's being carried over to BF3.

Even DICE themselves admitted that Bad Company was not really meant to be a true Battlefield game. Just an offshoot.

I'll be waiting for at least a month to see what the reactions are from the Battlefield vets [People who have played it since BF2 minimum] before even thinking about buying it.

I'm still pretty sure that those enormous looking maps they've shown are nothing more then set dressing that you can't enter.

Edited by jblackrupert

This BF3 is not a BF3 how it should be

Now it is just a another Bad Company ,but with the name of BF3

BF3 should have those classes like BF2 , commander and other good features from BF2

and real big maps , not those fake "large" maps ever in the BF as Dice said

Nice one.

I'm up for a bit of that.

I should think I'll play it for week and then put it down, but it will be a damned good week by the looks of it.

I have to ask, because I frankly don't know, what is the real BF3 then? :bored:

I've played both BF2 and BF:BC2, though not MOH. Just for reference.

I have to ask, because I frankly don't know, what is the real BF3 then? :bored:

The Real BF3 should be BF2 gameplay/features with modern updated graphics with big maps + SDK

Edited by RobertHammer