Sign in to follow this  
Second

MultiDiscussion : TES5: Skyrim, BattleField 3, COD, R6 etc.

cheers, seems they do. Lean is still something unheard of...

leaning as you can do in arma 2 and OA is not a great feature :rolleyes:.

seems like your avatar has spring on his flanks. the best solution for leaning was found 8/9 years ago. raven shield ;)

Infiltration has a good lean system IMO.

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

I'm not saying the IMFDB is a reliable source, but here they say M16A3 was adopted as a more correct designation.

Some forums too

seems like your avatar has spring on his flanks. the best solution for leaning was found 8/9 years ago. raven shield ;)

Raven Shield did have a good lean solution :)

ArmA's lean is not so bad if you have TrackIR, you get analogue lean. Pity it's not a very useful lean though, not "deep" enough.

Operative;2012675']Infiltration has a good lean system IMO.

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

I'm not saying the IMFDB is a reliable source' date=' but here they say M16A3 was adopted as a more correct designation.

Some forums too

That's nice they changed name from M16A4 to A3 ,but problem is the model is still A4 , because of new receiver and RIS :p - it was such a big problem to remove full auto and give it fast 3 round burst , just lol at silly DICE

Edited by RobertHammer

If you use trackIR, it is. And AFAIK, it is only game with lean where TrackIR really works.

Besides, i take the keyboard implemented Lean in A2 over any of todays industry generic cover features that is taking over...

The recent Deus Ex is a prime example...if i try and play the game as a FPS, covering without actually using the cover system, you find yourself taking a lot more pawnage (including through the damn object), while using the 3rd view cover system, you have no problem...pretty lame if you ask me.

None of the other Battlefield games, even the PC classics like BF1942 and BF2 had lean. So I don't think that's something we should complain about.

Just because it wasn't in previous games, doesn't mean they couldn't have implemented in a new interation. It is called evolution...Not that i was really expecting it or anything.

But i guess my personal beef is against the removal of this feature from most modern games, and as previously said, implementing the cover system instead(i am looking forward to seeing RO2 cover system play on my rig(s) though). Joypad holders are to blame for this one, at least in my mind.

That's nice they changed name from M16A4 to A3 ,but problem is the model is still A4 , because of new receiver and RIS :p - it was such a big problem to remove full auto and give it fast 3 round burst , just lol at silly DICE

You know, the uter and equal balance everyone wants in BIS games. Here it is at play: "but...but....but Ak74M has full auto man....Dice, this is not fair!!!"

You know, the uter and equal balance everyone wants in BIS games. Here it is at play: "but...but....but Ak74M has full auto man....Dice, this is not fair!!!"

Funny thing is - in Bad Company 2 it worked well and there was proper M16A2 with 3 round burst , nobody even didn't mentioned about it "OMG it haz no full auto iz not fair boo" :p

Just because it wasn't in previous games, doesn't mean they couldn't have implemented in a new interation. It is called evolution...Not that i was really expecting it or anything.

Yeah add leaning like in BHD where everybody camps at every corner :p

I'd still take a lean function that you call poor over no lean function any day.

I'm pretty sure that the "A4" only means that it is flat top. The "MWS" designates that it uses a RIS.

Also, the M16A4 is, in fact, called M16A2E4, so the rifle portrayed may be a M16A3E4. (EDIT: i'm not too sure about his, as the M16A3 is called M16A2E3 too).

Some people confuse (maybe it is what the developers are doing) the A3 designation for flattop because it stay true to the civilian AR numbered rifles.

For instance, the Colt ACR was the M16A2E2.

I got this NSN 1005-01-367-5112 in this AR15.com thread.

Also, armouries are likely to call any M16 with newer upper but with the A1 lower an A3.

Good info from armyproperty.com: #1 and #2

This photo by SMGLee shows a Sabre Defence M16A3 with flattop: http://i50.tinypic.com/9bko5s.jpg

Also, the Colt Site cites some (4, if I still remember it) variants for the M16A4, including Full-auto.

Edited by [GR]Operative

From your link

The M16A4 is identical in appearance to the M16A3, but can fire single shots or 3-round bursts (no full auto). The M16A4 Rifle is a standard M16A2 Rifle with a flat top upper receiver and detachable carrying handle.

Hence, A4 designates semi/burst function and RIS/MWS systems.

From your link

Hence, A4 designates semi/burst function and RIS/MWS systems.

True - Marines now using those newer ones from FN M16A4 (mainly new receiver) , i know there exist full auto A4 ,but army did not wanted those (atleast not for basic infantry) ,

because mostly full auto is just wasting ammo , marines are not even using 3 round burst due of big recoil , so they always using semi auto

Edited by RobertHammer

Yeah, but only semi/burst isn't kewl for the kiddies maaan, it has to have 1337 autofire.:rolleyes:

That's why these types of games don't have realistic ballistics because the kids wouldn't hit shit with there autofiring guns. Can't have kill streaks when you hit nothing but air.:p

True - Marines now using those newer ones from FN M16A4 (mainly new receiver) , i know there exist full auto A4 ,but army did not wanted those (atleast not for basic infantry) ,

because mostly full auto is just wasting ammo , marines are not even using 3 round burst due of big recoil , so they always using semi auto

I was under the impression that all US Military arms were slowly integrating the HK416 upper receiver into their rifles and thats why reliability has become less of an issue.

Operative;2012675']Infiltration has a good lean system IMO

mmm how it exactly works?

Raven Shield did have a good lean solution :)

;)

ArmA's lean is not so bad if you have TrackIR' date=' you get analogue lean. Pity it's not a very useful lean though, not "deep" enough.[/quote']

If you use trackIR, it is. And AFAIK, it is only game with lean where TrackIR really works.

yeah that's right. i just would to see a good leaning system which works even if you dont have the TrackIR.

mmm /poll....you know im that kind of dreamer which thinks that BIS take care of the community suggestions.

Edited by ***LeGeNDK1LLER***

I'd still take a lean function that you call poor over no lean function any day.

I'd gladly swap it for a hotkey grenade attack and a melee.

I'd didn't like Ravenshields lean function especially, you looked like a contortion artist and you could then move around in some weird and twisted poses while controllably aiming and firing a light machine gun.

I prefer the Hidden and Dangerous way, where when you lean, you take half a step out from cover. Fire from a comfortable and recoil supported position.

Edited by Baff1

I prefer the Hidden and Dangerous way, where when you lean, you take half a step out from cover. Fire from a comfortable and recoil supported position.

so pretty much like raven shield but without the possibility to move around in the leaning pos. you were before? is it? explain a bit cuz i want to make a poll about that :)

Edited by ***LeGeNDK1LLER***

i haven't looked but could be on YouTube.

not found. i mean the video showing the leaning action.

BF3 doesn't have any killstreaks
It likely will, BF2 and 2142 did.

If DICE wants to compete with MW3 it better have killstreaks, otherwise the console kiddies are gonna be upset.:(

The rewards in BF2 and BF2142 weren't in your face bad as COD though like someone is tossing confetti and lucky charms out of your screen.

Awards in BF2142 were designed to make players do their job to get them. it tooks days, weeks, months to earn them.

Well depends what game youre playing. In CoD its easy to get one but for challenging games like Demon's Souls for PS3 a kill feels epic. Or if you're just having a bad day on CoD then itll feel like a reward.