Sign in to follow this  
Second

MultiDiscussion : TES5: Skyrim, BattleField 3, COD, R6 etc.

EA / DICE are doing quite some damage to Activisions rep:

- stats for free

- BF3 videos on pc

- stating that bf3 engine has been developed from scratch to make the most of the best pc gfx cards

- dx11 on win7 finally used like its supposed to be

That was the most astonishing game trailer I've ever seen.

Really loved the sound- and graphic effects.

Srsly though, looks good. I won't touch the MP with a bargepole because of the shitfight it will inevitably become, but SP, sure, why not?

Yeah same for me.

Seriously I loved that trailer and it is the reason why I began looking for details about Battlefield 3 for the first time. I haven´t touched anything related to CoD or BF in YEARS (except BF:play4free 2 weeks ago). Guess thats because I´m a die-hard-fan of ArmA and other simulators (especially flight sims) and all that mainstream garbage bores the hell out of me.

I wonder if I should keep a close eye on BF3 until ArmA III is finally released..?

one thing that keeps from getting into the hype about how it looks etc, is the fact it is only pre-alpha

the bad company behind the scenes video showed the pre-alpha BC, which Karl Mangus described as a "pre rendered movie", and BC looked nothing like it in the end

so im sure BF3 will look less beautiful then it is now when it comes out

that said, still gonna buy it :p

P.S. and the dino thing

epic :)

)rStrangelove;1947759']Its great to see they didnt lie to us when stating that BF3 would be more centered around bigger maps with vehicles again' date=' in comparison to BC2 which is more infantry-based.[/quote']

How much of those maps is actually playable area is still up in the air though.

The only MP shown so far is RUSH mode in a subway

Actually You can't call a running program a pre-alpha software, it's PR bullshit

By the way, there's a live e3 feed here : http://www.ustream.tv/battlefield3

It's got some good Multiplayer footage and interviews so far (With people like Karl Magnuss Troedsson & Other DICE employees)

But it's being hosted by ODG, and their skills at interviewing is .. under par at best. They also repeat the trailers (more than once ...) throughout.

It´s really shocking to see all those flame wars between BF and CoD players in the comment sections of those games on Youtube.

And I´m talking about real low type of flaming mainly by 12 year olds.

I´m so glad to be part of the great BI-community!

It´s really shocking to see all those flame wars between BF and CoD players in the comment sections of those games on Youtube.

With our erudite franchise flaming.

Because the BI community wouldn't flame any game, especially if it started with the prefix OFP. :p

Nah, just Operation Flashpoint.

What baffles me is how they are saying one is a ripoff of the other, I guess they do no research to find out the origins. Wait why are you even reading the youtube comments, these are the people that when military equipment is used regardless of nation it always comes down to US vs Russia.

Nah, just Operation Flashpoint.

What baffles me is how they are saying one is a ripoff of the other, I guess they do no research to find out the origins. Wait why are you even reading the youtube comments, these are the people that when military equipment is used regardless of nation it always comes down to US vs Russia.

My favorite ones are that X game copies Y game because both M16's look the same (or another widely used US Weapon)

Another one (related to BF3) was "4 man squads, BF is about big squads, no commander? Not BF at all"

Then someone brings up BF1942 which had no squad system. Plus, commander was only in 2 of the 8 games. Or 11 if you count BFP4F, heroes and Codename: Eagle :D

What'd you expect? It's battlefield not Arma, there will be some barrier to stop you from wandering to the point that you will see the undrendered land.

I liked how the guy stubbornly tried to go on for a couple of seconds anyway. :p

One of the main, bad, greedy, kill-the-modding guys looks just like

:P

Squad sizes are smaller because of the 24 player limit of the consoles.

Commander has been eliminated because of console controller limitations.

Console style hand holding introduced in BC2:

- Killcam

- Aim-assist

- 3D spotting

- Regenerating health

- Unavoidable bottlenecks/Rush mode

- No Prone [Community rage more then likely forced it's return]

Probably tons more but I've never played BC2 enough to see it all.

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

What'd you expect? It's battlefield not Arma, there will be some barrier to stop you from wandering to the point that you will see the undrendered land.

The difference is you could still go out of bounds in earlier BF's (PC)

and still get around something so long as you did it before the countdown timer hit zero.

I liked how the guy stubbornly tried to go on for a couple of seconds anyway. :p

Oh I can't wait to see the clever ways people will use to get around the invisible walls. :D

- Regenerating health

I sure hope not otherwise

ffuuuu_86289346.jpg

Regenerating health is in the game but according to one interview I saw your health does not go up if you are in a battlezone or being shot at.

Regenerating health is in the game but according to one interview I saw your health does not go up if you are in a battlezone or being shot at.

that doesn't make any sense, wouldn't the whole map be the battlezone.

In SP, no, in MP, ive no clue how they want to do it.

Q70gnwwgqqU

Como-rose is out also.

So if someone is shooting at you and you run away your health regenerates???

And I'm not suprised that the comos rose would be gone, it is being made for consoles as well and god forbid console players have to *incomprehensible foul language rage-filled rant*

Yup, lots of people running circles around buildings while their health regens.

The hand holding crap from BC2 and ditching the team play elements from Battlefields past. It's shaping up to be BC3 with 64 players, jets and prone.

Frontlines: Fuel of War which was made by people who worked on BF2

did something similar. Stripped out the key ingredients that made BF successful

added a few cool things but it still still failed because of the things they choose to leave out to "make something different"

FFOW had regen health. Running circles around buildings was very common.

Kinda like the Benny Hill show.

KkxdE4OEYEQ

Edited by jblackrupert