Sign in to follow this  
Second

MultiDiscussion : TES5: Skyrim, BattleField 3, COD, R6 etc.

I get the feeling some people feel the need to simply dislike MW3 purely because it's seen as the 'in' thing to do.

As far as games go it looks good, it's a damn sight more fun than a lot of other games, and it deserves credit for that. Obviously it doesn't have the lasting appeal that ARMA has, but it's still a good game.

It might be easier to dislike because ppl know there are alternative shooters coming up, BF3 and GhostRecon Online for example.

I don't dislike MW3 because it's the 'in' thing to do. I don't dislike MW3 because it's not a simulator.

I disliked MW2 and BlOps mainly because PC users were shafted once more, and in the case of BlOps are still left with a broken game unless you're playing on Windows XP. I dislike MW3 because it's unlikely that attitude towards us will change. We are second-rate citizens to our console brethren in Activision's eyes, and they are not getting my money for a second-rate product.

Why does CoD gets so hated?

We have Fifa, for instance, same game years over, and no, no hatin' on Fifa, just a exampl, 'cuz Fifa isn't blown over with hate-posts. Is it because CoD is popular?

I don't get it. Every game site I've been on and CoD gets up, everyone hates it and call CoD-fans "CoD-Fanboy jerk".

What's up?

It's just a game. Not like it, don't mind it.

the hatred is there because COD is a very big profitable business, and has influenced a lot of other games and franchises. I know that they make it because it is a demand, but then again, the whole gaming industry turned down the same way hoping they'll hit the jackpot.

There is little inovation nowadays, besides the technical one. I don't know about you, but the games i used to play almost 20 years ago were, from a gameplay and story pov of view, far more attractive. Now, the very fist thing everyone is interested in is the gfx and the fancy cutscenes.

i'd say that is the real reason

Edited by PuFu

I see what you mean there. But I still can't see the masshate against CoD. Wellwell. I'll just don't mind, if I get BF3, MW3 and ArmA 3 I'll be good. :P

I've hated COD since they started treating those who started the franchise worse than the ones who now rake in the dough.

Edited by Zipper5

I still don't quite understand how the development costs of MW3 are reportedly $200 million, still I'd hate to see how much they spend on PR on top of that...

Looks like a couple hours of fun to be honest...

Development costs for them are $200 million? What? :confused:

LA Noire, an infinitely better game than any COD game could ever hope to be, had a budget of $100 million.

Buy a lots of Ad slot in TV, Superbowl, NBA, Baseball, game mag, and online game site, then you can ramp up that cost very fast;)

I still don't quite understand how the development costs of MW3 are reportedly $200 million, still I'd hate to see how much they spend on PR on top of that...

Didn't you play MW2? That game features absurdly useless levels with almost no gameplay value, representing the financial and time resources necessary to produce an smaller indie game, but all farmed out to level design drudges. All for flashy cinematic effect. The favela escape is what I'm thinking of specifically.

I'll probably be watching it via youtube, I don't have anything against COD now it's just there is no replayability, aside from pointless text achievements you don't get any unlocks of sorts for trying to do something and the difficulty and number of things to do doesn't amp up pending the difficulty.

I guess you could say I'm spoiled by games such as http://www.entertainmentbuddha.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/goldeneye007pal.jpg and http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ux22NgoEUF4/TVc4Ta2uJRI/AAAAAAAAAD8/2pvP2gzmyBo/s1600/Perfect_dark_n64_box_art.jpg

The levels are just too tightly pulled, you hardly get to explore much of any area without doing something to screw the mission up and there is no added goal other then what you make yourself but even then due to the tightness it loses the luster of imagination.

Edited by NodUnit

Looks like a couple hours of fun to be honest...

Public Relations =/= Advertising/Marketing.

I'll probably be watching it via youtube, I don't have anything against COD now it's just there is no replayability,...

Thats actually a very good idea. You'll have almost the same experience as the guys playing it / watching bots do the work, but you wont spend a single penny on it.

I'm in. *gets popcorn*

This makes me sad

And makes me feel kind of old at the same time (I´m 23)

You played Doom1 when you were 6? :D

Nope, but I played it! at the age of 12 I think.....

But I remember that the old games really had a bigger leveldesign, you needed to walk more (which wasn´t always a good thing)

)rStrangelove;1938444']You played Doom1 when you were 6? :D

My uncle let me play it when I was 7. Good ole chainsaw fun. :D

Development costs for them are $200 million? What? :confused:

LA Noire, an infinitely better game than any COD game could ever hope to be, had a budget of $100 million.

Well to be fair MW2 cost $200 million by release day, although only around $40-50 million was development costs, the rest was marketing. In fact IW apparently turned down the budget offered to them because they thought it was too much.

So I guess the budget of $200 million for developing MW3 is more feasible if each studio working on it had a similar budget to MW2, so $50-70 million each for all three studios creating it.

Anyway, I didn't realise the MW3 reveal was on the same day as the Zampella/West/IWEG/EA vs Activision court case...

EDIT: If anyone cares:

PCG:

Entirely on purpose, Activision PR has released a set of three new screens from this year’s inevitable record-shattering-yet-divisive blockbuster military first-person shooter. If yesterday’s trailer and the leak from last week left any doubt in your mind that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 would involve men with guns in a variety of locations, some of them damp, let these shots put your fears to rest.

Pic1

Pic2

Pic3

Edited by STALKERGB

Could they not slap o a few more American flags on to this guy? I mean he still has a ton of free space.

Abs

Could they not slap o a few more American flags on to this guy? I mean he still has a ton of free space.

Abs

It's just in case he forgets where he's from.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3's Reveal Trailer, which shows scenes of terrorism on the London Underground, is reported to have led to calls for the game to be banned, reports the Daily Mail. The Daily Mail is comparing the London Underground scenes to the 7/7 terrorist attacks in London, with those affected unhappy about the likeness found in Activision's guaranteed smash hit. Vivienne Pattison of Mediawatch UK has "concerns" because "these games are hyper-real," adding MW3 "is in incredibly poor taste". This isn't the first time Call of Duty has skirted with controversy. Modern Warfare 2 was heavily criticised by some for its No Russian level, which allowed players to shoot civilians at an airport while taking on the role of a terrorist. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 will be released worldwide on November 8.

Orginal link http://www.thetechgame.com/News/sid=1716.html#26307

"the Daily Mail."

Stopped reading there.

Thank God there are games like Duke Nukem: Forever that deliberately laugh in the faces of these people.