Sign in to follow this  
Second

MultiDiscussion : TES5: Skyrim, BattleField 3, COD, R6 etc.

Thanks for the info jblackrupert.

I've just read OP and learned that there will be SP coop campaign, which I should have done in the first place. :o

I've updated the first post will the new videos and any news links as they appear.

I've included a link to a BF3 thread on the UK Forum that keeps track

of everything that has be confirmed in the game.

EA CONFIRMS MODDING TOOLS FOR BF3 !

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3/1396990-mod-tools-confirmed-bf3-pc.html

This is it! We are very excited to announce the Battlefield 3 modding tools and to kickstart the preorders for the UBER Edition!

The UBER Edition basically features the same content as the Limited Edition, but has a personal Key added required for registering & downloading the BF3 modding tool set.

Battlefield 3 is the true successor to Battlefield 2. Beyond our signature multiplayer, we have also included a full single-player campaign and a co-op campaign – all straight out of the box. As for fan favorite features, how does the return of jets, prone, and 64-player multiplayer (on PC) sound? All this built with our powerful new game engine Frostbite 2, which you'll hear and see a lot of in the months leading up to launch. For the full reveal on Battlefield 3, stay tuned for links to our cover stories hitting the gaming press throughout February, starting with Game Informer right now.

Battlefield 3 will release this Fall. You can preorder the Battlefield 3 UBER Edition at www.battlefield.com now. The exact contents of the UBER Edition will be revealed on 2nd April 2011.

Secure your copy of Battlefield 3 UBER Edition at www.battlefield.com

Stay tuned at www.twitter.com/battlefield and follow our Community Manager @zh1nt0 for the latest news and community happenings relating to Battlefield 3.

More info's here:

< link >

Isn't 3D spotting a serverside setting in BC2?

Yes, it's a server setting. Kill Cam as well. Also true for vehicle third person view You can disable/enable it. Just enable the the HC mode (hardcore) to disable everything (kill cam, 3d spotting, third person on vehicle, crosshair ect...)

This is already possible within Bad Company 2 and will be possible in BF3 too.

=[

Battlefield 3’s campaign to be more tightly scripted than DICE's open Bad Company titles, says Patrick Bach.

Swedish developer DICE has revealed that combat in its upcoming shooter Battlefield 3’s campaign more closely resembles the tightly-scripted likes of the Call Of Duty series, rather than the open, sandbox style of its previous Battlefield 2: Bad Company games.

Con't.

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/dice-%E2%80%9Cmost-sandbox-games-are-boring%E2%80%9D

Bad Company 2 and Sandbox mentioned together ... ? :raisebrow:

:rofl:

Kind of suspected that when watching that trailer of the men on the roof vs sniper -looked tightly scripted.

“Just the fact that the environment can change dynamically creates a huge challenge for us when it comes to AI,†he explains. “[it] puts a lot of challenges to our AI code when it comes to finding new cover, reacting to the fact that it has disappeared, moving and flanking based on the new situation.â€

This sounds interesting.

Who cares about single player anyway? Battlefield is all about the MP, it always has been.

Edited by RangerPL

Who cares about single player anyway? Battlefield is all about the MP, it always has been.

If it was all about the MP then there would be no SP. So clearly you have made a mistake. Common one made though both for Battlefield and other games like ArmA II.

Up until Bad Company Battlefield SP was just severely stupid bots for target practice, learning vehicles...etc.

So ya. Battlefield is all about the MP play, DICE just added SP just to compete with COD

because thats EA's obsession now.

I wonder if this is partially why they removed the extra classes, to make room for the single player.

I love a good SP. You can have a more compeling story and experience, a nice showcase of the engine's capabilities, you don't have to wait for other people to be able to play, you can stop, pause resume the game whenever you feel like, you won't suffer harrasment from cheaters... Because it was bad in the original BF doesn't mean it can't be good now.

MP is great, but it's not the only way to enjoy a game. Even a Battlefield game.

Further more, I had great time playing MP mode against AI in BF2. Or playing with a friend vs. AI, even better.

It would almost be funny if it wasn't so effing sad.

And yeah, you pretty much hit the nail on the head. Modding is declining because the big publishers are becoming increasingly reluctant to hand out the tools. Not because "peeps just don't want to mod so much these days". :rolleyes:

Yep. Sion Lenton just got a new rival.

<insert big pack of bad words>

Yep. Sion Lenton just got a new rival.

Except BF doesnt really claim to be realistic, or be part of an awesome game series. :p

I think i will enjoy this game for what it is, and it may be the first BF game since 1942 i will buy.

EDIT: BF3 does claim to be part of an awesome game series, just not a different one than its own. Shame on me for posting at 04:20. :D

Edited by NeMeSiS

Somebody punch that twat in the face.

Agreed.:rthumb::rofl:

The good news is all the silly comments from DICE and hints at consolization/BC3

are driving people to check out Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad.

Nobody has any doupts about that game.

Tripwire should do extremely well if BF3 turns out to be a console port or just BC3 with bigger maps.

Arma 2 is getting a bit of attention on the UK forums also especially the Project Reality mod thats coming.

Edited by jblackrupert

1. Dont Provide feature "X"

2. Years or perhaps even months later publicly state that consumers dont want feature "X" or that its a "declining trend"

3. ????

4. PROFIT!

Continue until customers are stolen from.