Sign in to follow this  
Second

MultiDiscussion : TES5: Skyrim, BattleField 3, COD, R6 etc.

horned helmets, muscle shirt armors. the whole art direction is just "bleh"

Okay, now I'm extremely impressed. The only issue I can see there is I think the firing camera-shake is a bit over-exaggerated, but the rest of it looks awesome.

Same run and gun BS, but if Project Reality get their hands on it, it may prove to be the ArmA II of CQB/small unit warfare. Graphically, it appears to be the shizzle.

M4's don't shoot that fast. Depending what type of M4/M16 you have, you don't always have auto burst, since the A2's have only three shot bursts.

Same run and gun BS, but if Project Reality get their hands on it, it may prove to be the ArmA II of CQB/small unit warfare. Graphically, it appears to be the shizzle.

That's not going to happen without modding tools. Plus, it was my understanding that the PR team is or was or going to work on a stand alone game.

Edited by Hans Ludwig

That's not going to happen without modding tools. Plus, it was my understanding that the PR team is or was or going to work on a stand alone game.

Both true. Such a pity too.

nice crytek-esque tech demo. i wonder when they're actually going to bother making gameplay that isn't dated and laughable.

i am actually looking forward to it, even if there will be no SDK.

I dont care what anyone says, BF2 was awesome. Even 5 years on I still play on occassion. If I get anywhere near the amount of hrs/fun ratio with BF3 as I did with BF2 I will be well happy.

I dont care what anyone says, BF2 was awesome. Even 5 years on I still play on occassion. If I get anywhere near the amount of hrs/fun ratio with BF3 as I did with BF2 I will be well happy.

This.

BF2 was solid game.

Money well spent.

i am actually looking forward to it, even if there will be no SDK.

You are the reason why game developers aren't including SDK, dedicated servers, neutered MP experience and other variables.

No mate, consoles are the reason there are no SDK's.

They are using different tools to make the games.

Tools that they don't necessarily own the lisences for.

Compilers that aren't necessarily easy to decompile. Etc.

Their dev teams no longer employ people with experience of making netcode and dedicated servers. They have lost the skillsets.

On the plus sides, many PC games got released without SDK's and editing tools or dedicated servers only to have them released later.

Not that I really care, I have never played a BF mod in my life. Vanilla has always been enough for me.

Edited by Baff1

You are the reason why game developers aren't including SDK, dedicated servers, neutered MP experience and other variables.

really, pointing fingers? you dont know me, so then why comment? just coz i like a game for what it is? you most likely know squat about game developing, and from all people you come preaching to me? really?

grow up laddie!

ps: please let me know when you'll release your first addon using whatever game engine and sdk out there, will you?

Edited by PuFu

ps: please let me know when you'll release your first addon using whatever game engine and sdk out there, will you?

How many chicks did you pick up using that line?

Pufu: Hi, come here often?

Random chick: LMFAO

Pufu: I make mods

Random chick: And?

It's Battlefield.

It has never been realistic.

It has never claimed to be realistic.

It is not promoted as being realistic.

Good god, do you go into bars and start complaining because they won't serve you a Latte?

Several pages of completely unrealistic and humanly impossible things could be made about Arma 2.

Battlefield is an ARCADE shooter. It is was it is and always has been.

Get over it.

Edited by jblackrupert

How many chicks did you pick up using that line?

Pufu: Hi, come here often?

Random chick: LMFAO

Pufu: I make mods

Random chick: And?

how many chicks do you pick up with such weak and retarded personal attacks?

how many chicks do you pick up with such weak and retarded personal attacks?

This. Stop it, please.

Personally i think todays games ship with less SDKs because:

1. Game code & libraries are getting more complicated with more & more features and are heavily licenced by 3rd parties (EA's animations is just 1 example in this case).

2. Gamers are more motivated to buy DLC without any custom / free content available.

[edit]

BF3 SOUND DESIGN Interview - AWESOME!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YosYceCN1MA&feature=related

Edited by ])rStrangelove

horned helmets, muscle shirt armors. the whole art direction is just "bleh"

And you can tell by just 1 small trailer? ;)

I doubt there's only 1 helmet in Skyrim so if you dont like horns dont buy. Personally i find the black cape of the DarkBrotherhood much more interesting. Arrrrr! :D

you forgot:

Less SDK/modding/design options for customers = making more profit with a sequel and DLC's

Less SDK/modding/design options for customers = less trouble/surprises with content from customers

Anyway BF3 looks like a nice fun shooter and hopefully they bring some really new ideas into this genre.

Witcher 2 and LA Noirse, aren't those 3rd person only? I did play GTA3, GTA3 Vice, and GTA3 San Andreas, but I kept struggling with the controls. Finally in GTA4, combined with constant crashes, I just gave up and threw it in the bin.

Example of how it feels like when I'm doing a 3rd person game: Fable 2

Completely not on control over where I'm going. No, not me playing, just an example.

I get the feeling that all RPGs focuses solely on the 3rd person view, completely denying the game to those who can't use it. That's why I like Bethesda RPGs so much, it was always a 1st person experience where nobody else delivers.