Sign in to follow this  
Second

MultiDiscussion : TES5: Skyrim, BattleField 3, COD, R6 etc.

The player levels up by raising skills, and doing so allows for better items to be bought or looted from dungeons, as well as increasing the strength and variety of wilderness monsters. There are eighteen skills present in Skyrim, reduced from the twenty-one present in Oblivion

FFs looks like they might of ruined this one already :(

I liked morrowind because everything "DID'NT" revolve around me.

Meh. Are they developing behind the moon? The 'levelling world' was what most ppl considered the biggest fail ever. Guess they don't listen to their community then.

I'll buy when i read about the 1st mod addresses this and works without breaking the story. If it takes a while i'll get the game a bit cheaper.

Idiots. :rolleyes:

)rStrangelove;1839201']Meh. Are they developing behind the moon? The 'levelling world' was what most ppl considered the biggest fail ever. Guess they don't listen to their community then.

I'll buy when i read about the 1st mod addresses this and works without breaking the story. If it takes a while i'll get the game a bit cheaper.

Idiots. :rolleyes:

Level scaling is present in most RPGs. I've seen topic which discussed such games widely known to RPG crowd (Gothic, Ultima, etc.etc.etc). And there was probably less than 10 RPGs which didn't have any sort of level scaling. Usually it doesn't show to player in anything more than in subtle hints. Problem with Oblivion is that leveling is far too clear and too drastic. Of that they hopefully get rid of.

Level scaling is present in most RPGs. I've seen topic which discussed such games widely known to RPG crowd (Gothic, Ultima, etc.etc.etc). And there was probably less than 10 RPGs which didn't have any sort of level scaling. Usually it doesn't show to player in anything more than in subtle hints. Problem with Oblivion is that leveling is far too clear and too drastic. Of that they hopefully get rid of.

I played a (lesser known, it was not the most used one AFAIK) Oblivion mod that made it completely random from the start, with the most dangerous enemies and the best loot always having a chance at appearing, but always being very rare, not related to your level in any way and i found it an infinitely better experience.

(Though you are right, even Morrowind already had it but not in such a horrible way)

At least it will be a more Fallout New Vegas level scaling style. The original Oblivion has horrible, if you are level 1 one will only find lvl 1 monsters ¬¬

We already have the Editing Tools anunced "Creation Kit" , wont be more than a moth to Mod with no level scaling come's out.

Really hope to see a kinda of Francesco or Oscuros Oblivion Overhall on Skyrim soon.

I sort of expect the Creation Kit to be more limited than in OB and MW. It's to be expected with new tech.

Or hey, maybe the use of more in-house software will makes things even more wide open.

Heh, I still remember those nightmare days of playing Oblivion on the hardest difficulty. Here I am, level 5 or so, killed a few mudcrabs, bandits, etc, then the first vampire nest I bust into they've all got freakin' Daedric armour.

I was reading about archery in TES V and caught myself Googling 'longbow muzzle velocity.'

I've been playing way too much Arma.

I played a (lesser known, it was not the most used one AFAIK) Oblivion mod that made it completely random from the start, with the most dangerous enemies and the best loot always having a chance at appearing, but always being very rare, not related to your level in any way and i found it an infinitely better experience.

(Though you are right, even Morrowind already had it but not in such a horrible way)

I've played too or something similar to it. Alters gaming experience lot, makes playing much more cautious when nearly not all creatures are beatable in early levels. That mod which i played however added already too much challenge, it was nearly suicide to wander into wilderness with low level PC as it was almost guaranteed that i would run into some major bada$$ monster from which it was impossible to hide and escape once spotted. I remember replaying one save for about 30 times with Minotaur on my heels and me trying to escape it. Every time it got me and smite me with it's hammer. :j:

One problem with vanilla Oblivion is that not only creatures change, but their stats are boosted or lowered according to player's level. Stongest creatures might actually be little more dangerous than Wolf if PC is rookie. So it's really hard to establish anykind sense of which creatures are beatable and which are not. Usually all random monsters are beatable.

Morrowind in this sense usually had more understandable system, where tough monsters were indeed unbeatable at early levels. I had to leave lots of dungeons untouched at early levels. Don't recall but maybe few such dungeons in Oblivion (and it had lot more dungeons than Morrowind).

Anything with dread zombies in was a no-go for me at earlier levels... had to get them to chase me all the way back to the Imperial City. Oh, and there was that time when Umbra followed me back. That didn't go so well for the town guard.

willo the wisps on top difficulty suck the life right out of you

once i worked outto use drain magicka on wraiths they became a lot less hard to kill

Anything with dread zombies in was a no-go for me at earlier levels... had to get them to chase me all the way back to the Imperial City. Oh, and there was that time when Umbra followed me back. That didn't go so well for the town guard.

Did Umbra wipe out whole town :D

I hope they did something to get better close combat. Oblivion had several things in CC i didnt like:

1. If an attacker strike got parried, the attacker was stunned for 2 seconds.

2. Weapons didnt do enough damage. Somebody could be hit by a heavy sword 10 times wearing only fur 'armor' and still stand.

3. Parrying still had you damaged a bit, you were better off running backwards.

what would be extreamly cool would be if they opened up the entire map. morrowind, elsewer, blackmarash, ect. Or maybe take a boarderlands aproach and have 4 player hop in hop out co-op.

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

)rStrangelove;1842067']I hope they did something to get better close combat. Oblivion had several things in CC i didnt like:

1. If an attacker strike got parried' date=' the attacker was stunned for 2 seconds.

2. Weapons didnt do enough damage. Somebody could be hit by a heavy sword 10 times wearing only fur 'armor' and still stand.

3. Parrying still had you damaged a bit, you were better off running backwards.[/quote']

all good points. however for number to did you have your difficulty all the way up? and by heavy sword did you mean iron claymore?

also another note. ever since i discovered the scroll glitch the games been too easy. its just too tempting to clone hundreds of varla stones and sell them for quick gold.

and exscuse my spelling, its after 3 and i still havent had my morning coffee.....little slow

Edited by Rindier

)rStrangelove;1842067']I hope they did something to get better close combat. Oblivion had several things in CC i didnt like:

1. If an attacker strike got parried' date=' the attacker was stunned for 2 seconds.

3. Parrying still had you damaged a bit, you were better off running backwards.[/quote']

These are exactly my main issues with the combat. My character was good with shields, and after a while combat turned into dull block enemy attack - wait for them to get stunned - then hit them while their stunned - then block their next attack loops. Pretty much everytime I fought someone it was the same sequence (except for maybe mages). I couldn't stand it, so I applied a massive load of combat mods to fix the problem.

Anyway from what I've heard, combat in skyrim seems pretty well done. There's dual wielding (e.g. cast a spell while attacking with axe), shield bash, running backwards is now much slower than sprinting forwards, arrows do more damage, you can no longer shoot arrows with a bow while being hit by melee weapons and etc. It just seems that they have put much more work into it.

Oh, and I've heard that you can now have very cool magic duals. For example casting a fireball spell with one hand, while casting a protective shield to block the enemy mage's spell, or holding down the cast key to preform a "flame-thrower" type spell rather than a single fireball. Sound pretty cool...:bounce3:

Hope we can do some crazy combinations with the new skills, like throwing oil barrels with telekinesis and igniting them with fireballs. :)

Will buy it anyway cause i know the community mods will come soon after release. Its the same with ArmA2, even if its not perfect, you know it will come close to that one day.

i wanted to get it for PS3 (haters STFU this isnt the place) but then id have 2 problems.....one being no mods, and two being id get the addons last.

What we know about Battlefield 3 so far

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3/1389267-battlefield-3-what-we-know.html

Official Battlefield 3 site

http://www.ea.com/battlefield3

Battlefield 3 - "My Life" Trailer [single player footage - Some changes and additional scenes]

Helicopter hit by building has been changed from a Blackhawk to a Littlebird.

TfrrAp1blaM

Stills from Gameplay trailer

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3/1392228-battlefield-3-gameplay-trailer-screenshots.html

Animated GIF's of each scene from Gameplay trailer.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-pc/1392260-battlefield-3-gameplay-trailer.html#post19091607

Battlefield 3- Full length "Fault lines" trailer [12 min]

2zw8SmsovJc

Download the 1080p 60fps version of trailer

http://static.cdn.ea.com/eagl_online/u/f/bf3/noise/vids/Battlefield_3_Fault_Line_Full_Trailer.zip

Battlefield 3: Operation Metro Multiplayer Gameplay Trailer

aPu7-LtLKmU

Battlefield 3: Thunder Run Gameplay Trailer

9UwOrl036_A

Battlefield 3: E3 Frostbite 2 Features Trailer

8pNOxynC1Dc

Edited by jblackrupert
update

Lol, it will have prone. Delta Force 1 had prone. System Shock had prone. Well done EA, you've reinvented the wheel.

Soon they'll be touting "guns" as a feature.

They also cancelled BFBC2: Onslaught, although, if it means (as they say it does) more time is spent on BF3 then thats fine by me. Its about time Battlefield continued the lineage of BF2 rather than Bad Company.

Lol, it will have prone. Delta Force 1 had prone. System Shock had prone. Well done EA, you've reinvented the wheel.

Soon they'll be touting "guns" as a feature.

Prone is a big deal right now because they removed it from BC2, BF1943 and BF Play4Free.

Player count and Prone were the biggest subjects on the EA forums.

Player count and Prone were the biggest subjects on the EA forums.

After BF3 is out it´ll be about player count and lean.

Aaand helloooo BF4 announcement :rolleyes:

Regarding player count, is it still true that BF3 will not run on Windows XP? It states as much on Wikipedia, but I find it hard to believe that they will actually go through with that. WinXP still holds around 50% of the market.

(Though admittedly, much of that number could be businesses.)

Regarding player count, is it still true that BF3 will not run on Windows XP? It states as much on Wikipedia, but I find it hard to believe that they will actually go through with that. WinXP still holds around 50% of the market.

(Though admittedly, much of that number could be businesses.)

Well it was said on twitter by David Goldfarb, the lead designer. So I guess the Won't run on XP thing stands.

EDIT: Seems that Johann Andersson, another dev has said Frostbite 2 is primarily designed for DX11, and that XP and DX9 are not supported.

PCG Link

Twitter comment on DX9/XP

Edited by STALKERGB