Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

Mass Effect 3

Yeah, that day-one-DLC shit really needs to get nuked. EA again. FPDR

I find this position totally irrational. All products enter a free market at whatever the producer feels they can get for them, there's no sacred law that says games must be $60 or less, make a bigger or better game and of course you should expect to be able to charge more for it (and AAA games become bigger and more expensive to make every year). Do you imagine all cars must cost $X and manufacturer options are the devil's work? Each person can decide for themself what part or parts of the product represent good value but there's nothing inherently wrong with it, it's normal. I'll never understand why gamers feel so habitually entitled (other of course than the fact that children are disproportionately represented amongst them).

All of that said, a (mostly) single-player, over the shoulder space opera's worth exactly zip to me.

Am I the only one that actually kind of liked Mako exploration? Yeah it needed some work in the physics and variety department but I thought the concept was pretty neat and not THAT horribly executed.

Without spoiling too much, the endings are too fucking dissapointing.

I liked the Mako somewhat.

Regarding the endings, I'm hoping they come up with something better. The amount of fuss being kicked up over them is tremendous so I hope Bioware will take note and add a few more endings. I'm keeping a save just before the point of no return for this reason.

I broke to "public" pressure and bought it. I'm almost regretting it now, seeing how the endings were. :(

4H_A7SeawU4

I mostly agree with this guy about the ending. Although I'd probably be willing to pay for a better ending, seeing that it might take some effort and time - in contrast to what they've done already. :rolleyes:

Rofl so now they want to make a DLC ending??Wonder when we will start to see "Video options" DLC or "Main quest" DLC.

Don't get me wrong,I fully agree with people pissed about the endings after I watched them on youtube.

I thought the lack of secondary quests(retardo fetch quests doesn't count) or locations to visit was bad,but those endings are simply terrible,it's like you made choices in ME1&2&3 only to see the final sequence full of plot holes or complete nonsense.

Of course now they're in damage control acting like they planned this only to add later the real ending,seriously ending DLC?!:icon_lol:

Also to the people that thought From Ashes wasn't cut from the original game I found this.

Should make it clear what is the difference between additional content dlc and chop off stuff and sell it for extra bucks.

If any of you guys want to play the DLC without buying it:

+ parts 2,3,4,5,6 :p

Despite the direction bioware / EA have taken the series. It is still very good. But, they are really really pushing it to the limit....

Another gripe of mine, with a new character at the beginning on insanity things were very tough which was good and also very distressful at certain points which is also probably a good thing, considering the chosen difficulty. However, as you level up, the drop down in difficulty becomes very large and the last missions become easier than some of the first ones where. Just to put things in perspective, I was able to complete the very last mission facing 4/5 brutes while being shot at by a reaper etc on my second attempt. I am thinking if it became this "easy" on insanity (w/ level 45-47) character in role-playing mode, then it really makes me wonder how challenging it must be on any difficulty that is lower.

Nearly every day one DLC is ripped out of the main game. Of course they are not going to admit it. And to all the people that keep defending such BS by repeating the same old PR BS that this content wasn´t taken out of the main game, some artists where just already finished with their part and ahd a little time to work on the DLC: STFU

Why do you play games like ME? You play them because of the story! Well guess what, the story is written before game development starts. That means the full story, including the Prologue that the Devs cut out to sell it seperately. So you basically pay for the main plot, you are free to pay for the Prologue that helps to understand the Main plot and now they even want to charge you for the new Epilogue because the old one was uninspired and plain unworthy shit? Seriously? Are you OK with that? Doesn´t it really bother you?

EDIT: By the way

Casey Hudson a few weeks before the release:

"This story arc is coming to an end with this game. That means the endings can be a lot more different. At this point we're taking into account so many decisions that you've made as a player and reflecting a lot of that stuff. It's not even in any way like the traditional game endings, where you can say how many endings there are or whether you got ending A, B, or C.

It's more like there are some really obvious things that are different and then lots and lots of smaller things, lots of things about who lives and who dies, civilizations that rose and fell, all the way down to individual characters. That becomes the state of where you left your galaxy. The endings have a lot more sophistication and variety in them."

Edited by Tonci87

uxgajbbe.jpg

:p From Kotaku.

Well it's not entirely true, because the time I tried the "evil" way I ended up incinerating Earth rather then just killing the Reapers. But the part about the Mass Relays and Normandy seems to be the same, regardless of ending. Which is the part I have serious issues with.

Edited by colossus

Make the galaxy red or blue. Those are your ending choices.

The two minute ending was horrible, I was like "wtf just happened"... And there was very little clues to speculate what would happen if there is to be yet another ME.

Make the galaxy red or blue. Those are your ending choices.

The two minute ending was horrible, I was like "wtf just happened"... And there was very little clues to speculate what would happen if there is to be yet another ME.

Halo was supposed to be a trilogy, and there's a Halo 4 in development... I think. Anyway, a trilogy is rarely, if ever, a trilogy.

Casey Hudson a few weeks before the release:

"This story arc is coming to an end with this game. That means the endings can be a lot more different. At this point we're taking into account so many decisions that you've made as a player and reflecting a lot of that stuff. It's not even in any way like the traditional game endings, where you can say how many endings there are or whether you got ending A, B, or C.

It's more like there are some really obvious things that are different and then lots and lots of smaller things, lots of things about who lives and who dies, civilizations that rose and fell, all the way down to individual characters. That becomes the state of where you left your galaxy. The endings have a lot more sophistication and variety in them."

Nice one Tonci,I missed that interview,Casey Hudson is so full of shit that he should be a politician.

Btw,a very good read explaining what is wrong with the ending:

CONTAINS SPOILERS

http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect-3-ending-hatred-5-reasons-the-fans-are-right/

Halo was supposed to be a trilogy, and there's a Halo 4 in development... I think. Anyway, a trilogy is rarely, if ever, a trilogy.

I think ME3 should have brought the story to a closure. Though, I know that now they have the market, Bioware is undoubtedly thinking about or planned to milk the franchise as much as possible along with the planned movie.

Possibilities I expect are an FPS/RTS on the Krogan rebellions and Rachni War. Though, Commander Shepard and the humans may be an invaluable marketing strength to lose.

With so much rage and disappointment focused on the endings, many are forgetting that the entire game leading up to the endings is awesome. I have my own interpretation of the ending (Initially i went green), but the best thing to do is wait and see how EA/Bioware plays it out with patches/additional paid content.

My most despised moment of the ending block is the last talk with TIM. I could not pick the last Paragon line with the maxed out Paragon rep just because of the interface fail during the first meet. I went with an option on the left, "Investigate", side of wheel thinking it's going to bring me back to choices, but it actually counted as the "Move conversation forward" line.

Edited by Sniperwolf572

Wow. I kept seeing complaints about the ending all over the place, but I avoided spoilers and kept playing regardless. All the while I thought to myself, "nah, it can't be that bad. Surely people are just disappointed about some minor detail or something..."

Boy was I wrong. The whole last 10-15 minutes were so bad, I almost felt disenchanted - I actually (briefly) felt like I had been deluding myself the whole time about how good the ME series really is, because ultimately it was all for nothing. It took half an hour of cooling off and reading some other experiences on the internet to realize that the games themselves are still as awesome as ever. It's just the end that really fucks it up nine ways to sunday. This article sums up perfectly what is wrong with it, btw.

I've come across bad endings in dozens of other games, but never have I felt so throroughly disappointed as I am now. I guess it's because of how emotionally invested I am in the story - and I'm not afraid to admit that. It's just like what happens when reading an awesome, dramatic book, or watching a great film, or even a good TV series (the Battlestar Galactica remake comes to mind for me personally). I never thought a game could be so gripping, but as far as I'm concerned Bioware pulled it off... and then undid it all at the end. Such a shame.

The ending is so Deus Ex: Human Revolution that I don't want to buy it even if it don't require origin.

Oh wait, even DE:HR have a ending D

Was looking at the PS3 version tonight, but after reading above posts ........ giving it a miss!

The game is stellar, but the endings are so crap! 98% of your game time you will love. 2% you will hate with extreme bitterness.

It is a constitutional right to hate the winner of the annual 'Worst Publisher' award. At least it should be :rolleyes:

After looking around on YouTube and reading some tweets from Bioware employees, I for one have come to the conclusion that the ending is not all that it seems.

1. Firstly there's the fact that the citadel-catalyst-entity appears in the shape of the boy from the beginning of the game, who later repeatedly appeared in Shepard's dreams. How could the catalyst entity have known about him, and why did it choose that particular form? This is left completely unexplained, and oddly enough Shepard doesn't even question it. In any case, this is a clear indicator that there is more to the ending than meets the eye. No matter which way you spin it, either the catalyst (and therefore the reapers, by extension) got into Shepard's head at some point - meaning the end could easily be some indoctrination fantasy - or the ending sequence is simply another dream.

2. One particularly telling tweet by a Bioware employee (I believe the game's executive producer) in response to a fan complaining about the ending indicated that there is more to it than meets the eye, and that people will see it very differently soon. I don't have access to Twitter right now, but I'll look the tweet up later.

3. Mass relays - the Mass Effect universe simply dosn't work without them. If the ending we saw is to be taken literally, any DLC for the game will have to take place before the final assault on Earth. Then there's the fact that Bioware aren't simply going to "give up" on the Mass Effect universe. Yes, Shepard's story was always intended as a trilogy, but Bioware have often stated that they intend to keep the franchise going way beyond that. So unless they intend to release nothing but "prequels" in future, they will have to put a different spin on the ending. Either that, or they have something else up their sleeves that none of us can anticipate.

What it mean is that the ending is so bad that fans wanted to be dreaming rather then accept this crapy ending as the real one.

What it mean is that the ending is so bad that fans wanted to be dreaming rather then accept this crapy ending as the real one.

Well yeah, there's a lot of wishful thinking and grasping at straws involved, but the clues are still there.

Of course there is the possibility that Bioware simply dropped the ball and screwed it up at the last moment, but after five years and (almost) three full games worth of consistently excellent story-telling, I find it impossible to believe that this craptastic, nonsensical ending is anything but an elaborate plot twist that will ultimately be resolved. The one thing Bioware has already admitted is that the ending was designed to get people talking, i.e. they made it intentionally controversial. And why would they do that? To sell DLC of course.

The folks at Bioware aren't stupid, and I will maintain that assumption until proven wrong.