Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

Mass Effect 3

Hopefully they don't fill the gap between the two games with another "Bionic Man" resurrection, I might've questioned that if ME2 didn't end up being so damn good. That, and keeping the current characters without wiping them off to the side with minor roles again.

Hmm, I guess they'll give him some basic powers but no complete reset. And you will be able to import your ME2 character, so my nice romance with that Cerberus lady (forgot her name...damn!) can continue :D

Hopefully they don't fill the gap between the two games with another "Bionic Man" resurrection

They've made it pretty clear that if your Shepard dies in ME2, then there will be no point importing that character to ME3.

Miranda. Nice bow and stern on that one, for a bunch o' polys.

Agreed :cool:

I actually just got done with a full ME 1 & 2 playthrough, so super-psyched about ME3.

I have to deck that reporter the 3rd time!!!! :D

Yep. Although if you've got Shadowbroker, you'll see that others have been jumping on the bandwagon... :)

Jesus this planet scanning in ME2 was really boring. I hope they bring something better than that

I think the planet scanning was pretty fun, it was interesting to read about the planets history and so.

I agree on that, but this stupid Scanning for minerals was really boring

I agree on that, but this stupid Scanning for minerals was really boring

Second.

This was/is about the only thing I dont like about ME2.

Driving around in the mako was a lot more fun, I just wish its physics didnt suuuuck.

I spaff continuously when playing ME or ME2, ME3 will probably not be an exception. The scene of blighty being destroyed in the trailer, along with the narration, really shows what ME3 will be about, which is a nice change. Something most trailers these days always miss is a concise revelation about the story and opt for the "look how cool our 'splosions are" take on what a trailer should be.

I just wish that they didn't have giant walkers in the trailer, walkers ruin every sci-fi story, game and film.

Edited by Prydain

I spaff continuously when playing ME or ME2, ME3 will probably not be an exception. The scene of blighty being destroyed in the trailer, along with the narration, really shows what ME3 will be about, which is a nice change. Something most trailers these days always miss is a concise revelation about the story and opt for the "look how cool our 'splosions are" take on what a trailer should be.

I just wish that they didn't have giant walkers in the trailer, walkers ruin every sci-fi story, game and film.

Those were not walkers mate , they were the reapers .

Those were not walkers mate , they were the reapers .

I was gonna say the same thing, but they do seem to walk once landed.

I was gonna say the same thing, but they do seem to walk once landed.

Or rather crawl. There the universe's creepy crawlers :p

The ME2 reaper was able to walk, too. I don't see a problem with that =)

I do hope that for once they'll manage to put some narrative fidelity in the main storyline. BioWare's characters and side quests have always been rather well fleshed out and diverse, but the main story never really goes much beyond "there's this uber-baddy bent on destroying the world, go and stop him". Which, after following a straight trail void of doubt or reconsideration, stopping said uber-baddy, always left me wondering how a world populated by such interesting characters can only be shaped by events with the dramaturgic subtlety of those wartime Disney cartoons.

If they have the guts to let the ethnic polarization and other inter-species tensions act as more than Codex entries and conversation branches, actually structurally reshaping the world(s) around you, I'll be a happy Shepard. But alas, knowing BioWare my money's on a rather plain "unite all races to save the glorious human race, who's supposedly rather insignificant home planet is considered the Reaper's primary strategic target.

I do hope that for once they'll manage to put some narrative fidelity in the main storyline. BioWare's characters and side quests have always been rather well fleshed out and diverse, but the main story never really goes much beyond "there's this uber-baddy bent on destroying the world, go and stop him". Which, after following a straight trail void of doubt or reconsideration, stopping said uber-baddy, always left me wondering how a world populated by such interesting characters can only be shaped by events with the dramaturgic subtlety of those wartime Disney cartoons.

If they have the guts to let the ethnic polarization and other inter-species tensions act as more than Codex entries and conversation branches, actually structurally reshaping the world(s) around you, I'll be a happy Shepard. But alas, knowing BioWare my money's on a rather plain "unite all races to save the glorious human race, who's supposedly rather insignificant home planet is considered the Reaper's primary strategic target.

They already gone down the action-RPG path, I doubt will get a true RPG adaptation of a novel like storyline .

There writers have to keep it short and to the point , otherwise they would have to develop even more RPG gameplay elements and they don't want that since the game is primarily developed for consoles . Creating a true RPG for consoles would be suicide .

They already gone down the action-RPG path, I doubt will get a true RPG adaptation of a novel like storyline .

There writers have to keep it short and to the point , otherwise they would have to develop even more RPG gameplay elements and they don't want that since the game is primarily developed for consoles . Creating a true RPG for consoles would be suicide .

But why would RPG elements be required for, say, Reapers coaxing humans and Turians into a renewed war, generating territorial claims/shifts and ramping up the loyalty issue for Garrus? Or violent ethnic repression becoming a mainstream human habit, rather than a naughty Cerberus exclusive? Something that has to be physically reflected in both your team and the world around you, rather than just getting a quick mention in one of the dialogue branches. Something where Shepard has to exist as part of a vulnerable and imperfect world, without the reassurance he'll get to fix it all in time for dinner.

These things are not bound by genre-based features. They can be introduced as fully linear plot events in the most traditional of action games. But for some reason the "seeds" for these, well, flashpoints (:blues:) seem to be kept as far away from the main storyline as possible. As if the design doc states "Upon reaching a main plot point, the player should express 'Oh, ok' and walk on, rather than 'Oh, wow' and stop."

Still, I can't wait to get my hands on the third iteration. I really want to see where they'll take all the characters. They'd better not mess up ME3 Tali as badly as they did with ME2 Liara (pre-LotSB). A game character forcing me into adultery was awesome in hindsight, but I will not let go of my feisty Quarian! :nono: :o :p

Still, I can't wait to get my hands on the third iteration. I really want to see where they'll take all the characters. They'd better not mess up ME3 Tali as badly as they did with ME2 Liara (pre-LotSB). A game character forcing me into adultery was awesome in hindsight, but I will not let go of my feisty Quarian!

Amen. A shot of her actual face would be even better. That was the biggest let down of ME2 for me.

...unite all races to save the glorious human race, who's supposedly rather insignificant home planet is considered the Reaper's primary strategic target.

This I would disagree with.

I was of the impression that the Reapers enjoyed burning the candle at both ends, i.e. attacking everywhere at once, then waiting and stamping out remnants here and there. I strongly doubt that all the Reapers went to Earth alone, especially since Sovereign partially regurgitates that famous line about blocking out the sun.