sweguy96

Secondary Weapons

Do you think this should be added to ArmA2/OA/CO  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this should be added to ArmA2/OA/CO

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know

If it is added, it should be in a way that it isn't possible to have a sidearm when you have a shotgun as your secondary weapon. ;)

What, do you normally stick a shotgun in a pistol holster?

What, do you normally stick a shotgun in a pistol holster?

Of course, don't you? :p

Just kidding, for simplicity's sake. Having a whole lot of weapons can really complicate things, especially in a game like ArmA II. ;)

Edited by Laqueesha

If you have a secondary rifle instead of a launcher, I wouldn't say it would be that complicated.

I voted yes, I think it would be good to have a shotgun in secondary for example.

Personally I think rather not have it. With that much of weight on you, you might just pass out due to tiredness (In ACE or Project Reality).

Yes because we should make our decisions regarding the vanilla game because of what a mod does? Ok...

I'd personally like to see this feature as this sort of thing does happen in real life. I found this picture where it has a US Soldier carrying two guns.

http://www.m1arifles.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Iraq-shotgun.jpg

it depends on how realism driven you are

in the real world, factor in the wieght that an infantry soldier carries on him, and add more weapons, and magazines for said weapons and you start to increase his fatigue due to having more gear..

in ACE/project reality, he'd be more suseptible to tiredness/fatigue

in game terms it's a trade off between mobility and firepower

Well this would be nice, so you could suit up with urban combat gear like shotguns, ceramic armour etc. when fighing in urban areas.

But I think secondary weapons should be more like tools then actual weapons, so the shotgun would be used more for breaching then actual combat.

What is there to breach in Arma 2?

Breaching in the sense of "killing anything in a close vicinity"

Buildings, in case you didn't notice.

Show me the building that is "breachable" with a shotgun.

Show me the building that is "breachable" with a shotgun.

Any building that has people in it?

Any building that has people in it?
Doors, not the band.

No, really. There are no doors that unlock when you introduce their locks to a shotgun. All doors are openable and many buildings don't have doors in the first place.

They're good for breaching skulls, some minds are tough to open.

No, its arma, not call of duty.

jeez thats simple, lets ban FLIR from OA because COD had it first...

I say yes, like in ACE it is really nice to have a personal weapon in hands and a sniperrifle on your back. it is the way it is been done IRL you know.

Being able to carry more mags would be nice too. 12mags is basic load IRL and leaves no room for batteries and grenades. pairing up mags would be a good feature, 2 mags per slot.

Making this only availible to SF will balance the game more I think, maybe a feature to turn off in online games will keep it fun.

Don't underestimate the power of a well trained human body, we used to carry 30-40kg on patrol, up maintains and trough rough terrain.