Sign in to follow this  
RazorHead1

CTD in same spot

I have owned Arma2 for quite sometime. It worked fine on my old Dell XPS 730 with Windows Vista. I have recently purchased a new computer with Windows 7 on it. When I start Arma2 it runs through the opening loading screens then just after the 'Gotgame' screen it CTDs with the windows msg 'ARMA2 has stopped working'.

My specs:

Win7 home 64 bit

i7-970

ATI 5970

12 GB ram

Any ideas would be welcome.

I've nearly the same specs (but Prof. instead of Home and 980 instead of 970), no such problems. Have you all latest patches? I've installed Arma2, Arma2 OA, the BMF and PMC add-on and ensure all patches are in. Only until then I started the game for the first time (but that really shouldn't matter).

I figured it out. I patched ARMA2 up to date and for some reason it did not take. So after a re-install and re-patch it worked just like it used to. Thanks.:bounce3:

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Hey rfc, you have the same GPU I have. Are your benchmarks coming out high? I used Nvidia cards most of my time this is my first ATI. Are there any tweaks I should be using to get the best performance?