Sign in to follow this  
code34

CO40 - War in Takistan: Operation Iron rains (WIT)

panneaue.png

War in Takistan (WIT) : Operation Iron rains

Repository

https://github.com/code34/war-in-takistan

Report/Ask for an evolution

https://github.com/code34/war-in-takistan/issues

Download

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/wc-warcontext/files

Some videos preview

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=videos&search_query=%22war+in+takistan%22&search_sort=video_date_uploaded&uni=3

Status

Version 1.4 - release 01/10/2011

Changelog 1.4:

https://github.com/code34/war-in-takistan/commits/1.4

Description

"War in Takistan" is a realistic military training mission.

Main objective

Soldiers must complete several operations tactics. Thoses operations are of increasing difficulty.

Different types of goals

destruction, sabotage, infiltration, recovery vehicles, etc. ..

To achieve thoses goals, soldiers must analyze, and develop a plan. Soldiers will play as a group and organize. WIT is the only one true cooperative mission, the score assesses the whole team.

Team scoring

Each mission won, the score of the team increases. If the team players are bad and do stupid things like tk respawn at the base, the team score down. If the team score is too low, then the game stops and the war is lost. By cons, if the team score is very high, you will have the chance to be among the best teams ARROWHEAD ARMA 2.

Features

- More than 70 Missions dynamic (convoy, ambush, defend the zone, destroy some goals etc.)

- 8 levels of increasing difficulty (by default)

- 8 Levels of team ranking

- 7 Levels of personnal ranking

- 3 game modes: Simulation game, arcade game (easier), cheat game

- Open and close game, and also a domination mode

- IED attacked, IA trap vehicles, use mortars, smokes, communicate, send reinforcements troops from enemy base

- Generation of conflict zone around goals

- Dynamic management of addons: weapons, vehicles, infantry addons on the server are automatically available

- Different roles: only medics can revive players, only engineers can repair vehicles unlocker, detect IEDs

- Different clothes

- Dynamic management of the problem: The mission adjusts the difficulty based on the number of players on the server, which also allows single player and up to 40

- Dynamic performance: The mission fits server performance to ensure optimal gameplay.

- Several Ingame video

- 2 langages: English, French

- All the HUD system (vehicle, ranking system, etc)

And a full of features that can not be describe here !

Autoload feature

When you use autoload you must know thoses things:

Autoload feature permits to load dynamically ressources of games on client & server side. If you use autoload feature, you must check that players have exactly the same addons than the server.

If not, clients & server that don't have them, can have big stuttering.

I have a quick example. If players have only ARROWHEAD content , and they turn on "autoload feature" on a combined server , the game will require combined !

I recommend you to not use the autoload feature with open server or withouth the key signature activated.

Credits

Author: code34

Warcontext engine : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=98553

Externals credits

- UPS & UPSMON

- R3F Revive

- R3F Artillery

- R3F Debug

- Domination - Xeno

- Atot

- House patrol

- EI8ght FOB

- US FOB by Mike Usa

- ACE

- Loadout Presets by Bon

- Warfare - Beny

- Translations - Fruity_Rudy

Best server config known

MaxMsgSend=2048;

MaxSizeGuaranted=512;

MaxSizeNonguaranteed=64;

MinBandwidth=131072;

MaxBandwidth=10485760000;

MinErrorToSend=0.008;

And all others that i can forgot

Thanks you for your nice work!

Edited by code34
Image > 100 kb

Regarding last updates, first release of WIT will be out in few days.

Did not see this until now. Sounds excellent! Looks like you took a lot of your time on this.

Yep, it's a very big work.

I have started to work on it at the release date of OA.

During this time, several beta testers help me to improve the gameplay because alone i can't do a cooperative mission at this level of requirements.

I m sorry but the huge amount of work this represents yet forces me to postpone the release of this mission. Every time I tell myself this it's the time to release it, and I found a new bug or something that could be improved. I will do my best to get it out.

Edited by code34

does anyone need an ultra feature or have an extra question ? : ))

does anyone need an ultra feature or have an extra question ? : ))

Only When is it out :D

Enjoyed Warcontext looking forward to this.

If everything goes normally, it should be out before the end of the month :)

Hello Guys,

I'm back from the developper country that is populated by bugs. If you know about a cool script that can be integrate in this mission and really in the teamplay mind, you can talk about it.

I believe you will already like the new features that were done for increase the teamplay actions.

Hello Guys,

I have a great news for you. The War in takistan development is ended.

I will publish the 1.0 version in few hours.

Stay tune !

Thanks, awesome work !

I noticed that you forgot to take off the debug script on the version 1.0 :P

Edited by Sevenz

Thanks, awesome work !

I noticed that you forgot to take off the debug script on the version 1.0 :P

The (R3F) debuger is only avalaible when you lunch the game in local :D

Edited by code34

hi,

Finally this wonderful mission is free I download it asap,

this mission is terrible to have to play many times and had an exchange of view evolve with air commando, I can tell you that you will not be disappointed with this mission.

gentlemen before you start head down in this mission briefiengs read well, and notes on the description on the topic of code34 to understand all the functionalities of the missions.

voila thank you LOTS of jewelry CODE34:D;)

does the mission use custom keys?

im having problems as im using a custom controller layout. i have mapped "reload" to the "T" key but whenever im trying to reload my unit just do a forward evasive move.

absolutely cool mission. Thank you!

I hope the author will not mind if I will continue to slightly edit and run on our servers otstrel.ru slightly retouched by me WIT.

I hope that after the release we will see continued development of this mission.

By the way, what would the players do not clog the base trenches I am in my wording slightly corrected the script. (You need a marker in the center of the base "centrebase")

// -----------------------------------------------

// Author: =[A*C]= code34 nicolas_boiteux@yahoo.fr

// warcontext

// Deployed an radio

// -----------------------------------------------

private ["_radio", "_mydir", "_position", "_player"];

_player = _this select 1;

_mydir = getdir _player;

_position = [(getposatl _player select 0) + (sin _mydir * 2) , (getposatl _player select 1) + (cos _mydir * 2), (getposatl _player select 2)];

if (((position player) distance (getmarkerpos "centrebase")) > 300) then

{

player playMove "AinvPknlMstpSlayWrflDnon_medic";

sleep 8;

if !(alive player) exitwith {};

_trench = "Fort_envelopeBig" createVehicle _position;

_trench setposatl _position;

_trench setdir _mydir;

_trench setvectorup _vectorup;

true;

}

else

{

hintsilent "Can't DIG trench here. Try to move out of base";

sleep 3;

hint "";

}

does the mission use custom keys?

im having problems as im using a custom controller layout. i have mapped "reload" to the "T" key but whenever im trying to reload my unit just do a forward evasive move.

Yes, it mapped the T key. Obviously, actually, there is no other solution than modify the WC_fnc_keymapper.sqf and use for exemple

if(_dikCode in actionKeys "TeamSwitch") then{

player playMove "ActsPercMrunSlowWrflDf_FlipFlopPara";

_handled = true;

};

instead of

if(_dikCode == DIK_T) then{

player playMove "ActsPercMrunSlowWrflDf_FlipFlopPara";

_handled = true;

};

The mission also uses NUMPAD KEYS.

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

absolutely cool mission. Thank you!

I hope the author will not mind if I will continue to slightly edit and run on our servers otstrel.ru slightly retouched by me WIT.

Of course not ;) you can modify as you want. I will look for the modifications ;)

Edited by code34

Excellent mission found one bug when you have to blow up the AH you get the team killer screen and get minus points.

When moving to a new mission does destroying the additional assets (radio/camps/factories) contribute to anything?

Whats the difference between Private and Public game in parameters?

Excellent mission found one bug when you have to blow up the AH you get the team killer screen and get minus points.

We've had this problem too, we're looking for a solution ATM.

When moving to a new mission does destroying the additional assets (radio/camps/factories) contribute to anything?

Radio -> no more reinforcements from the main ennemy base (infantry)

Other -> only points if my memory is OK

Whats the difference between Private and Public game in parameters?

The public game is "smoother" on negative points. If players do not behave correctly (ie teamplay), you will lose less points and the team score won't fall as quick as in private game - you cannot ask the average player to understand all the rules immediately. Private game is meant to be played by a well trained team, using TS or Mumble for comms. Basically, a team shouldn't use the RTB button, only medics on the battlefield.

Hope this will help. I belong to Code34's team, as a result I've played a lot on this mission, so if you have any other question regarding gameplay / behaviour / bugs I'll be glad to share my experience.

PS : I'd like to put some emphasis on a very cool feature, it's the automatic weapon crate generation. If you use a mod like Hexagon, BWmod or RH for example, the crate will be filled with all the weapons available. You do not have to edit scripts to get what you want. It's pretty cool with Robert Hammer's work for example, you just have to activate it on the server (and the clients of course), and voila! Everything is inside the box. It helps to make some "themes" for a play, ie "tonight guys we're playing FAMAS" or "tonight G36 party!!" ^^

Edited by =[A*C]=NicO

I discovered that you're trying to do some indestructible objects of this code, and in my opinion this is not working correctly

this addeventhandler ["hit", {_this select 0 setdamage 0}]; this addeventhandler ["dammaged", {_this select 0 setdamage 0}];

recommend trying to make it easier

this addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", {false}];

I would suggest taking the tower/s out of the main base or mainly just the one at the heli landing zones.

yes you can have either Mi-24 Hind attack you or that of MI8-dropped reinforcements or a passage of a rocket L39 =)

:D