Sign in to follow this  
code34

CO40 - War in Takistan: Operation Iron rains (WIT)

I just grabbed the latest git version - so many new options - can't wait to try it out :)

More Arma players need to know about this map! I will definitely tell the ARPS crew I play with

yo nicolas, haven't had any issues on cherna and aliabad yet. Seems to run good so far..last thing i'll check now is, if i can finish a mission with changed clothes..

yo nicolas, haven't had any issues on cherna and aliabad yet. Seems to run good so far..last thing i'll check now is, if i can finish a mission with changed clothes..

Oooh I'd love to play Iron Rains in Chernarus - will you be releasing that?

i don#t think so, it has way too many custom content in the base and i don't wanna remove all the addons in the editor. It's just for testing purpose to see if there are any probs on other islands and for our squad..

in next release there is a mission.sqm lite that permit to port the mission on other map easily. The mission.sqm only contains: minimal markers, objects require by mission to works and also a vehicle factory to spawn vehicles.

Mission maker has only to take this file rename it to mission.sqm and add via editor all objets they want: fob, vehicles etc.

If we would want to add custom enemy forces and fight units from Lingor for example, would we still have to edit lots of different scripts to include them or will they be editable in one single place?

I just had a quick glance over the current 1.6 files and there seem to be specific TK_ units in several files and places.

I m currently refactoring all the code to clean it, and to make it more comprehensive.

Normaly, the declaration of units will be (only) in configs scripts by add them into an array.

Mission makers can override it by hardcode the variable directly in the scripts, but normaly the vanillia mission will use global variable in the config scripts. :)

Right. There are the "wcwestside" entries in the config file already. I never really noticed them.

But there are still several places where (like i said) a TK_ unit is called specifically....for a mission for example.

_missiontext = [_missionname,"Kill"," a war lord"];

_group = createGroup east;

_vehicle = _group createUnit ["TK_GUE_Warlord_EP1", _position, [], 0, "NONE"];

I just wanted to know if that is going to stay Taki-focused or if you have any plans to have that modular as well.

Then again, a simple search for TK over all the files would make it rather easy to edit all those occurences ourselves....it is just.....I AM SO LAZY :p

Hi Code34 - I know you are currently refactoring the code, but the current version from the gitrepository (which hasn't changed for the last few days) gives the missing script error for warcontext\WC_fnc_createbunker.sqf

I've checked and it is indeed missing (and required) or is still linked to by one of the missions but isn't meant to be :)

Additionally (don't know if it is related): The "3 best players able to choose mission" option doesn't seem to be working. It briefly pops up with "Headquarters operational plan" but then immediately assigns a mission. Of course this might be intentional, but as the behaviour is different from before I thought I'd mention it :)

Anyway - hope that helps!

Edited by slerbal

Right. There are the "wcwestside" entries in the config file already. I never really noticed them.

But there are still several places where (like i said) a TK_ unit is called specifically....for a mission for example.

I just wanted to know if that is going to stay Taki-focused or if you have any plans to have that modular as well.

Then again, a simple search for TK over all the files would make it rather easy to edit all those occurences ourselves....it is just.....I AM SO LAZY :p

In fact, you quote the sidemission script. This is the loop which create side mission and is oriented for takistan.

If you want to do a very specifical port, the best way is to adapt this script.

Normaly in the future version there will no other script that contains units hardcode reference (except this one & config files)

---------- Post added at 21:35 ---------- Previous post was at 21:34 ----------

Hi Code34 - I know you are currently refactoring the code, but the current version from the gitrepository (which hasn't changed for the last few days) gives the missing script error for warcontext\WC_fnc_createbunker.sqf

I've checked and it is indeed missing (and required) or is still linked to by one of the missions but isn't meant to be :)

Additionally (don't know if it is related): The "3 best players able to choose mission" option doesn't seem to be working. It briefly pops up with "Headquarters operational plan" but then immediately assigns a mission. Of course this might be intentional, but as the behaviour is different from before I thought I'd mention it :)

Anyway - hope that helps!

Do you use the zip files or a git client to sync your directory ? Normaly, this bug was alread fix :)

will there be still sim mode? I don't wanna spawn vehicles, i want fixed base like it is now on simulation without vehicle respawn. Cause on Aliabad with Taliban custom units, defending the base comes to a whole new level, regarding the small size of that island and the UPS :) , haven't found any issues yet, got time this week. Send beta and i'll check it with russians on cherna too..peut-être aujourd'hui ^^

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

hm, when i respawn on tent, i don't have any weapons. Could that be ace related??

will there be still sim mode? I don't wanna spawn vehicles, i want fixed base like it is now on simulation without vehicle respawn. Cause on Aliabad with Taliban custom units, defending the base comes to a whole new level, regarding the small size of that island and the UPS :) , haven't found any issues yet, got time this week. Send beta and i'll check it with russians on cherna too..peut-être aujourd'hui ^^

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

hm, when i respawn on tent, i don't have any weapons. Could that be ace related??

Sim mode is always here ;)

perhaps, cause the restore weapon use the ace function. Just confirm this bug and i will test it.

Do you use the zip files or a git client to sync your directory ? Normaly, this bug was alread fix :)

I grabbed the zip rather than use a git client :)

if you use zip file, make sure you start with a new project (delete old directory mission, and replace it by the new) cause some files move directory from other (it breaks compatibility with old mission.sqm too)

if you use zip file, make sure you start with a new project (delete old directory mission, and replace it by the new) cause some files move directory from other (it breaks compatibility with old mission.sqm too)

OK will do, though I might move to grabbing the latest version with git :)

so you simply moved the files to other folders, i see..I gave you a fixed stringtable a long time ago, but seems like you've changed it. Then plz remove me out of the credits plz.. Also some missions do not match the string for it createsidemission-->stringtable , but doesn't matter, i'll just replace it with my string, cause i need to modify it for islands ports.I'll port it over and see if it works..

pretty nice that there are only arrays for the special forces , buildings and Co. , easy to customize today, compared to the old versions :)

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

so you simply moved the files to other folders, i see..I gave you a fixed stringtable a long time ago, but seems like you've changed it. Then plz remove me out of the credits plz.. Also some missions do not match the string for it createsidemission-->stringtable , but doesn't matter, i'll just replace it with my string, cause i need to modify it for islands ports.I'll port it over and see if it works..

pretty nice that there are only arrays for the special forces , buildings and Co. , easy to customize today, compared to the old versions :)

Normaly, new corrections has been done from the lastest stringtable version.

i moved all the files and folders like you did, lock vehicle doesn't work for me right now. Where are these scripts being called??seems like the sqf can't be found or so..

C:\Users\poldee\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\Fruity_Rudy\MPMissions\war-in-cherna.Chernarus\init.sqf (2 hits)
Line 192: 	WC_fnc_unlockvehicle 		= compile preprocessFile "warcontext\WC_fnc_unlockvehicle.sqf";
Line 192: 	WC_fnc_unlockvehicle 		= compile preprocessFile "warcontext\WC_fnc_unlockvehicle.sqf";
 C:\Users\poldee\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\Fruity_Rudy\MPMissions\war-in-cherna.Chernarus\warcontext\WC_fnc_clientsideW.sqf (1 hits)
Line 127: 		player addaction ["<t color='#dddd00'>"+localize "STR_WC_MENUUNLOCKVEHICLE"+"</t>","warcontext\WC_fnc_unlockvehicle.sqf",[],-1,false];
 C:\Users\poldee\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\Fruity_Rudy\MPMissions\war-in-cherna.Chernarus\warcontext\WC_fnc_restoreactionmenu.sqf (1 hits)
Line 18: 		player addaction ["<t color='#dddd00'>"+localize "STR_WC_MENUUNLOCKVEHICLE"+"</t>","warcontext\WC_fnc_unlockvehicle.sqf",[],-1,false];

these are the lines/files where unlockvehicle was called in the old versions. Where is that script being called in your latest one? None of the scripts in the "action" folder are in the init anymore..i don't get it sorry..None of the actions work for me, and i don't see them being initialized anywhere

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

normal, it's a refactoring version. Script has been rename and move in directory. Sometines function has been move.

The refactoring is not yet terminate. Actions scripts are/should be in the actions directory :)

but the scripts should have an init-line in the init.sqf, otherwise, the script cannot be called. thats why i can't lock unlock vehicles, deploy tents. All the actions are not working..

you sorted it now in the init, you have // wit civilians script // wit missions scripts , thats good and clean and better, but i don't see any action scripts, so of course they're not working..Maybe you forgot them??

in my old version it was

WC_fnc_unlockvehicle 		= compile preprocessFile "warcontext\WC_fnc_unlockvehicle.sqf";

now it should be

WC_fnc_unlockvehicle 		= compile preprocessFile "warcontext\[b]actions[/b]\WC_fnc_unlockvehicle.sqf";

cause you moved em to actions folder, in warcontext folder..

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

but the scripts should have an init-line in the init.sqf, otherwise, the script cannot be called. thats why i can't lock unlock vehicles, deploy tents. All the actions are not working..

you sorted it now in the init, you have // wit civilians script // wit missions scripts , thats good and clean and better, but i don't see any action scripts, so of course they're not working..Maybe you forgot them??

in my old version it was

WC_fnc_unlockvehicle 		= compile preprocessFile "warcontext\WC_fnc_unlockvehicle.sqf";

now it should be

WC_fnc_unlockvehicle 		= compile preprocessFile "warcontext\[b]actions[/b]\WC_fnc_unlockvehicle.sqf";

cause you moved em to actions folder, in warcontext folder..

i can do it but in fact action script are call directly with addaction command like this

player addaction ["<t color='#dddd00'>"+localize "STR_WC_MENUREPAIRVEHICLE"+"</t>","warcontext\actions\WC_fnc_dorepairvehicle.sqf",[],-1,false];

player addaction ["<t color='#dddd00'>"+localize "STR_WC_MENUUNLOCKVEHICLE"+"</t>","warcontext\actions\WC_fnc_dounlockvehicle.sqf",[],-1,false];

player addaction ["<t color='#dddd00'>"+localize "STR_WC_MENUUNFLIPVEHICLE"+"</t>","warcontext\actions\WC_fnc_dounflipvehicle.sqf",[],-1,false];

it doesn't require to be preprocess

well i can only say that it's not working for me..

just check your clientside script, i think it is not up to date :)

i copy and pasted everything over, seems like lock/unlock is the only thing thats not working..i checked tent, repair , works, but locking doesn't

ok, trench, tent, repair works, it's really only lock/unlock

Ok i found the problem , you renamed all the files with "do" but unlock ist still WC_fnc_unlockvehicle.sqf in clientside it says

player addaction ["<t color='#dddd00'>"+localize "STR_WC_MENUUNLOCKVEHICLE"+"</t>","warcontext\actions\WC_fnc_dounlockvehicle.sqf"

thats why its not working..

Edit: lock / unlock works now , i changed the name of the sqf to dounlockvehicle.sqf , now it's working, you forgot to change the name. Which array of the clothes is being called when i go to barracks? i forgot to change the path

Edited by Fruity_Rudy