Sign in to follow this  
code34

CO40 - War in Takistan: Operation Iron rains (WIT)

try to play on dedicated cause this mission was build at first for dedicated.

olla,just some minor issues i found while playing again:

- Mission "Destroy enemy commando chopper"

First,its mentioned as "Destroy enemy commando group" when viewing Operation Goal.Also i get several messages telling me how many enemies are left,which isnt rly necessary to know for such a kind of mission,more suited for occupy airfields,areas,w/e

Then after destroying the chopper i get a "blame" because its a civilian version of the MH6 used,which then leads for a negative scoring

Still,even the chopper was down the mission didnt complete - i got a steadily message telling me "Still 2 enemies" ... so i gone over there and killed 2 tanks,2 pilots running around and a few Taki Army guys and after another 10minutes of searching i found 2 Taki Army guys holding inside AO around the border - ok,killed em and got 1min later the "Mission complete"

Strange,eh?

- Enemy Air Patrols

Nice feature,making flying not that easy as before but i would like to have a more decent AA base defence,currently a Mi is circeling my base and the poor AI AA defenses (MGs) doesnt pack it to bring her down quickly

Imho either enemy air shouldnt be allowed to pass base,either by scripting it different or setting up a advanced AI AA defense @ base (Avenger lol)

And oh yea,no STINGER´s in base ammo crate :eek:

- Base alarm siren´s

Look like its still a issue,once they gone off they seem not to stop anymore - even the active threat was eleminated

Are they rly necessary if they dont work properly?

- Map locations with complete mission objective info

When viewing the map i not only see the red circle around AO,i also get the complete mission texted as marker too - its a bit annoying when viewing map to have the red text all over to the end of the map

Parameter?

- Teamspeak info ackillaz

While its understandable to let people know your TSinfo,i would appreciate a version without YOUR TSinfo ...

Or tell me where to edit it out :D

Cheers

Edited by TheScar
addition

hay code is it an easy fix for the red screen problems and the disarm ied with ace.

hay code is it an easy fix for the red screen problems and the disarm ied with ace.

:outtahere: entering the queue

The red screen after respawn is really a problem. If there's any solution for it, please let us know.

this mission is very awesome,my frds and i had a great time playing it,thank you code34 for your hard work!

i got a question regarding a completion of an objective though.

any tips on the objective where we are required to eliminate an enemy leader to stop the war,ie the last objective? me and my frds had 2 attempts on it in the past nights but without success. we had been killing everything in the target zone but the enemy would keep calling in reinforcements,which seemed never to have an end to it.

we were playing the capraia one with ACE enabled. thanks

:outtahere: entering the queue

The red screen after respawn is really a problem. If there's any solution for it, please let us know.

I can't reproduce it. If you know the way to do it :D

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

- Mission "Destroy enemy commando chopper"

First,its mentioned as "Destroy enemy commando group" when viewing Operation Goal.Also i get several messages telling me how many enemies are left,which isnt rly necessary to know for such a kind of mission,more suited for occupy airfields,areas,w/e

Then after destroying the chopper i get a "blame" because its a civilian version of the MH6 used,which then leads for a negative scoring

Still,even the chopper was down the mission didnt complete - i got a steadily message telling me "Still 2 enemies" ... so i gone over there and killed 2 tanks,2 pilots running around and a few Taki Army guys and after another 10minutes of searching i found 2 Taki Army guys holding inside AO around the border - ok,killed em and got 1min later the "Mission complete"

Strange,eh?

- Enemy Air Patrols

Nice feature,making flying not that easy as before but i would like to have a more decent AA base defence,currently a Mi is circeling my base and the poor AI AA defenses (MGs) doesnt pack it to bring her down quickly

Imho either enemy air shouldnt be allowed to pass base,either by scripting it different or setting up a advanced AI AA defense @ base (Avenger lol)

- Base alarm siren´s

Look like its still a issue,once they gone off they seem not to stop anymore - even the active threat was eleminated

When viewing the map i not only see the red circle around AO,i also get the complete mission texted as marker too - its a bit annoying when viewing map to have the red text all over to the end of the map

Parameter?

While its understandable to let people know your TSinfo,i would appreciate a version without YOUR TSinfo ...

Cheers

i will introduce fixes in next release :D

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

any tips on the objective where we are required to eliminate an enemy leader to stop the war,ie the last objective? me and my frds had 2 attempts on it in the past nights but without success. we had been killing everything in the target zone but the enemy would keep calling in reinforcements,which seemed never to have an end to it.

we were playing the capraia one with ACE enabled. thanks

Normaly, you just have to kill the last leader :yay:

I can't reproduce it. If you know the way to do it :D

war in capraia 1.34 b.

Defined ACE.

Couple of guys were flying in a chopper, got shot down. they respawned at base and it all became red to them. As if they were stuck on the screen with the dialog (where u can choose respawn tent/camp) where the background turns from dark into red and back again or when you're wounded.

Tried to reproduce it myself now, but didn't get it yet (already late here).

arma2oa2011072314470245.th.jpg

Color stays this way after respawn.

Edited by Noricum
Added a pic

sorry code but until WIT or warcontext supports ACE Wounds system we will be unable to use this system. It would be nice if there was a parameter that would allow you to choose what medical system you want to use.

Why are you having issues?

I have a modded ACE version with wounds active. Basically anything less than dying, you use the ACE system. If you die then the default medic revive works fine. Then just patch back to full health with ACE.

Shadow the problem is when using the ace wounds timer after a few respawns the whole system does not work. Just by placing the ace wounds module down does not make it fully functional as the amount of RPT errors it creates will just lag the server out.

More informations:

- Enemy Air Patrols

try to turn Arma2 content on

- Base alarm siren´s

i Don't know where it comes from, i think it s a game problem as far there is no feature about this in wit. The bomb alarm only can appear in one case.

Parameter?

yes i will try to find a way but it s not really very important

just edit the initconfig files :D

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

Shadow the problem is when using the ace wounds timer after a few respawns the whole system does not work. Just by placing the ace wounds module down does not make it fully functional as the amount of RPT errors it creates will just lag the server out.

I don't know this system. If you have an issue concerning ACE just report it into the dev heaven report subject. I don't provide any supports about addons/mods, i have already too much time to spend with my own bugs :D

For my think, you just have to turn off the r3f script in the client side and use the simple script with you modds. I have no more informations.

try to turn Arma2 content on

did it,i was just surprised OA doesnt feature AA defense

Still,the base AI defense should get at least a Avenger,cause i played yesterday and just idle´ed in base before starting a mission and got 2 SU´s raping base while the AI defense only shoot with MG´s at em,which turned out to be kind of useless :rolleyes:

Thank you for your efforts

yes, i add it one in next release :D

Nice mission, I have made a Fallujah/Lingor/Chernarus version for the server I play on however there is one issue you may not be aware of.

For the Chernarus port it seems to stress the client/server out too much on loadup, perhaps due to load from massive island and objects on top of massive script execution, to resolve this I am going to attempt a longer/delay for the initalization scripts so BATTLEEYE does not boot clients on join.

Again this is only a issue on larger islands, that is battleeye times out the clients on first join. If I find a solution to the issue I will report back, incase someone cares...

Nice mission, I have made a Fallujah/Lingor/Chernarus version for the server I play on however there is one issue you may not be aware of.

For the Chernarus port it seems to stress the client/server out too much on loadup, perhaps due to load from massive island and objects on top of massive script execution, to resolve this I am going to attempt a longer/delay for the initalization scripts so BATTLEEYE does not boot clients on join.

Again this is only a issue on larger islands, that is battleeye times out the clients on first join. If I find a solution to the issue I will report back, incase someone cares...

next release normaly solve this problem also :D

When will the next WIT release? I can't wait for release :D

When will the next WIT release? I can't wait for release :D

i don't know for the moment, i hope before the end of the week. :D

I have to fix somes issues relative to the sync between client and server (most of the part between the new version and the old one).

Hi, I'm kayhase's friend, very appreciate that you made this mission. Really an awesome mission! :icon_dj:

do someone need a special feature ? :D

ACRE and HEXAgon?? :D

War in duala?

War in lingor?

War in hellskitchen?

Ok, ok i stop :p

ACRE and HEXAgon?? :D

War in duala?

War in lingor?

War in hellskitchen?

Ok, ok i stop :p

sorry can t do that :D i don't port mission for special addons cause i m not enough good for that ;) The fob in takistan was designed by eight cause i didn't have the courage to do it, and he did it so well that it took me several years to do it :yay:

yeah, i know :)

I do it myself for hexagon, ace and acre.

Which files i must edit to port WIT on others islands?

yeah, i know :)

I do it myself for hexagon, ace and acre.

Which files i must edit to port WIT on others islands?

Normaly, you have to move the markers + recruit soldier + barracks.

I think it s the only thing :D

also the biggest part: adapt the side mission in the createside mission sqf. Some others peoples had already this.

On the new version, i had made a lot of modification. One game run over 1 week without to fail so i think it's more stable also.

any news on the redscreen fix?

Takistan version is affected too. No idea what's causing this, but as soon as one player has it after being revived all other players will get it too then.

Redscreen stays like this, no matter what we do (except going back 2 lobby and join again).

Version 1.34 ACE

Takistan

arma2oa2011073020234647.th.jpg