Sign in to follow this  
code34

CO40 - War in Takistan: Operation Iron rains (WIT)

And not everybody wants to de-pbo and edit the engine..:icon14:

Agree.

Cheers

And not everybody wants to de-pbo and edit the engine..:icon14:

Agree.

Cheers

well actually i like de-pbo'ing it to tune it up for my needs with custom content :)

well actually i like de-pbo'ing it to tune it up for my needs with custom content :)

Is it possible to modify it into Fallujah? I tried so hard but it will still stucks at the mission selection if the mission requires some Takistan object or airfield im not a good script writer though :(

Is it possible to modify it into Fallujah? I tried so hard but it will still stucks at the mission selection if the mission requires some Takistan object or airfield im not a good script writer though :(

it works yes, cause i have it on our server. It was the first island-port for me, but it should be fine..only tested some missions..I have to take a look when i'm home, i can give you a link and you can try it out

it works yes, cause i have it on our server. It was the first island-port for me, but it should be fine..only tested some missions..I have to take a look when i'm home, i can give you a link and you can try it out

oh wow! i have to thank you in advance!

If there's other version like torabora will be great too!

will be here for further information.

played tora bora yesterday

-torabora

-fallujah

-Qom province

-namalsk

-cherna(but cherna is somehow having performance issues, that i can't figure out)

you can join us if you want..we have german, american and canadian member , and i personally like new guys playing that mission on our server..

Edit: you need additional addons for all the island-ports..i can give you links for that

V1.30 CHANGELOG :D

- add a difficulty level parameter

- fix the limit of playable map

- increase the difficulty of last level

- decrease the nuclear probabily

- nuclear can not bomb base

- increase the morning fog

- add nuclear parameter

- tune defense mission for more message

- add halo jump for no team mission

- increase view distance settings

- electrical generator is no more near radio tower

- fix somes dialogs

- fix halo click map bug

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/wc-warcontext/files :D

Edited by code34

I noted a ACRE bug with WiT auto-load addon's feature since WiT ACE 1.26

There will be 100+ ACRE radio in the addon weapon cache

and it causes heavy lag when we gear up.

Maybe older weapon cache like WiT ACE 1.22 is better.

I double checked the 1.22 weapons cache with all mods on and it works just smooooothly

as you said, it's an ACRE issue. I don't know why they declared more than 100 times the same object in the game configuration.

i did a fix but i think it will cause some others problems. Try it 1.31 and give me a feed back :D

Edited by code34

as you said, it's an ACRE issue. I don't know why they declared more than 100 times the same object in the game configuration.

i did a fix but i think it will cause some others problems. Try it 1.31 and give me a feed back :D

It fixed! great works

Nice :D is there other feedbacks for next release ?

What's the difference between Regular Mission and Unleashed version?

I tried to read back a few pages but couldn't find an explanation.

What's the difference between Regular Mission and Unleashed version?

I tried to read back a few pages but couldn't find an explanation.

In the unleashed version :

- you start at base instead of FOB.

- you have all vehicles avalaible instead of winning bonus vehicles.

- the gameplay mode is "without team work", so players have to play alone, a lot of more enemies on zone and no civils

:D

Nice :D is there other feedbacks for next release ?

We need frikkin sharks with lazorbeams attached to their head and a pool area to relax after a hard mission too!

no,srsly - what really makes me wonder anytime i play it is the way the judgement of the mission works and how it is related to points and fame ... i know,death = -1 score,etc. but let me give u a example:

I played just for giggles with arty only,means i didnt left base at any time and only used the R3F arty script to solve my missions.

M1 > 6 KIA,no own deaths,no civs killed = 7 points - very good fame

M2 > 4 KIA,no own deaths,no civs killed = 5 points - very good fame

M3 > 11 KIA,no own deaths,no civs killed = 10 points - very good fame

M4 > 1 KIA,no own deaths,no civs killed = 5 points - very good fame

M5 > 15 KIA,no own deaths,no civs killed = 10 points - good fame

M6 > 8 KIA,no own deaths,no civs killed = 8 points - good fame

M7 > 15 KIA,no own deaths,no civs killed = 5 points - bad fame

how is it related that i get bad fame even i didnt killed any civ and only worked on main objectives,no extra kills for lulz,etc. while i did the same thing 6 mission before and always had a very good fame ...

I cant make any sense in that ... also,if i check on operation Goal i mostly get more kils noted than i killed (and i m talking confirmed kills,means i was in the AO and took em out alone,still i get more enemys killed noted than i killed myself - how is that making sense?

On a side note,the arty is OP by any means,you rly dont even need to leave the base when u got some training time with the arty script done :rolleyes:

And oh yea,i need a possibility to "remove teammembers" cause as i noticed in some pub games you cant judge peoples skills/dedication on mission start,if you see someone is bringing the scores down by doing ...//insert any Domination retard action here// ... you need a option to remove him from your team again (admin choice only)

Well,some quick thougts while sipping the sunday morning coffee :D

Cheers

In fact, it's normal :D The fame depends also of what kind of mission you choose. Some of them increase the fame, some others decrease the fame.

If for an example, you choose the mission "destroy a civ hospital". Your fame will go down, as it's not a very good political operation :D

edit: i also forgot, the time elapsed also decrease the fame ! (that's the reason of the day counter)

I will check for the counter in the operation goal menu and the remove button.

Edited by code34

Hello guys, for the moment I'm on long job trip and I have Arma II but no Internet. Just GPRS crap. PVP is not possible at the moment. Can u please tell me:

1) is there a possibility to have AI in the game

2) how do u recruit it?

3) is there a limite to your awesome awesomeness ?

Edited by Shinji

Hello guys, for the moment I'm on long job trip and I have Arma II but no Internet. Just GPRS crap. PVP is not possible at the moment. Can u please tell me:

1) is there a possibility to have AI in the game

2) how do u recruit it?

3) is there a limite to your awesome awesomeness ?

Hi :D

1 - yes

2- at the barracks at base, there is a soldier

3- yes :D we played this mission since such time (>1 years) that i have no plan to develop it more :D

well,not to stop you from developing/improving it even more,here´s a few things to go:

- fuel barrels

well,i know there are barrels of gasoline @ base,but honestly none i ever meet carried em around ... as example,we had a mission once solved and wanted to EVAC - our first chopper got shot so one of us respawned base and took a BH to get us ... as enemy reinforcements where still around,the EVAC BH got shot too,but managed to land and was fixed by engineer 3-4min later but as we wanted to fly away we noticed it was out of fuel

So,we tried looking for camps or similar locations to get a gasoline barrel but didnt found one,even at the nearby fuel station

Great 4000m walk as you rarely see any usable vehicles that can transport more than 2 men

So,my suggestion > place some fuel barrels @ some locations in Taki or add some more usable civil cars randomly on the map

- base siren triggers

Our base got attacked around mission5,resulting in activating the siren trigger and AI defending the base (fine so far) but the siren sound never stopped and we played up to mission 10,still its pretty annoying hearing a endless siren @ base

> is there a trigger for activating siren but none to end it again?

- "unused" vehicles remove script

while this one is rly usefull sometimes when a vehicles is lost/abandoned its rly annoying on the other hand when u park your Stryker MC/BH at base and go afk for lets say more than 30min ... once u come back you ll find yourself dead/waiting for revive because the 10m away parked vehicle got despawned,meaning its blowing up in your base and killing you sitting near to it in the process

And if you run out of ideas,how about adding random patrols around Takistan patroling - its simply not believable to fly from mission location to mission location in a hostile area without meeting any sort of enemy contact at all

Good job,i did mention that alot of times before but now fix me these last issues and im a happy kid forever again

Hi :D

1 - yes

2- at the barracks at base, there is a soldier

3- yes :D we played this mission since such time (>1 years) that i have no plan to develop it more :D

The answer to the first question Just made this the best day of my week.

the soldiers available are always 0 please explain. or I will shoot the soldier in charge of recruitment in every public server LOL. once I get internet.

the 3rd answer just ruined me .. now I need prozak. or sex to cure this!

The answer to the first question Just made this the best day of my week.

the soldiers available are always 0 please explain. or I will shoot the soldier in charge of recruitment in every public server LOL. once I get internet.

the 3rd answer just ruined me .. now I need prozak. or sex to cure this!

normaly, you have one soldier near barrackments at south wall. It's alone :D

You should do a sex cure :D

yes but when I select a soldiers he goes "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

how do you get soldiers .. step by step. what do you need ... how many points ...all that?

::: NO SEX UNTILL I GET AI SOLDIERS :::

yes but when I select a soldiers he goes "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

how do you get soldiers .. step by step. what do you need ... how many points ...all that?

::: NO SEX UNTILL I GET AI SOLDIERS :::

forgot that, you need to be ranked. More ranked you are more soldiers you can recruit. (+1 soldier by rank) :D

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

well,not to stop you from developing/improving it even more,here´s a few things to go:

- fuel barrels

well,i know there are barrels of gasoline @ base,but honestly none i ever meet carried em around ... as example,we had a mission once solved and wanted to EVAC - our first chopper got shot so one of us respawned base and took a BH to get us ... as enemy reinforcements where still around,the EVAC BH got shot too,but managed to land and was fixed by engineer 3-4min later but as we wanted to fly away we noticed it was out of fuel

So,we tried looking for camps or similar locations to get a gasoline barrel but didnt found one,even at the nearby fuel station

Great 4000m walk as you rarely see any usable vehicles that can transport more than 2 men

So,my suggestion > place some fuel barrels @ some locations in Taki or add some more usable civil cars randomly on the map

- base siren triggers

Our base got attacked around mission5,resulting in activating the siren trigger and AI defending the base (fine so far) but the siren sound never stopped and we played up to mission 10,still its pretty annoying hearing a endless siren @ base

> is there a trigger for activating siren but none to end it again?

- "unused" vehicles remove script

while this one is rly usefull sometimes when a vehicles is lost/abandoned its rly annoying on the other hand when u park your Stryker MC/BH at base and go afk for lets say more than 30min ... once u come back you ll find yourself dead/waiting for revive because the 10m away parked vehicle got despawned,meaning its blowing up in your base and killing you sitting near to it in the process

And if you run out of ideas,how about adding random patrols around Takistan patroling - its simply not believable to fly from mission location to mission location in a hostile area without meeting any sort of enemy contact at all

Good job,i did mention that alot of times before but now fix me these last issues and im a happy kid forever again

i will look for that for next release :yay::D (i don't understand the last point normaly vehicles don't respawn when you are inside them)

I play alone so no medics at game start. How do I disable the respawn penalty.

Please help me.