Sign in to follow this  
code34

CO40 - War in Takistan: Operation Iron rains (WIT)

Hello

Bug report

just a Time problem with the 1.28

- the mission hoster was in night and all players connected were in day time

- mission defend a pipe-plan never end

Thanks (Good job , really good mission)

Code we've been having big problems with the newest version.

Missions are never starting. We can pick the first mission but never get the video for it. Then after we complete it the mission ends but we never get the option to choose a new one at HQ.

EDIT: Nvm, seemed to be problems with JTD. Not sure why but turning it off fixed it.

We need a couple of things done in the mission. I'll do them myself and post edits if you can tell me how.

1) We need harder Arcade mode. Like triple the amount of enemy units for each mission.

2) We need to port the map to Chenaraus, the sands of Takistan are becoming a bit boring and dull. :)

3) The service point really needs to be fixed. It removes ammo from the Venom we added and removes flares from any helicopter. Not sure what's up with it.

If you can assist me in fixing it I'll post my edits to the thread. Thanks again, we are loving your mission we just need more of a challenge (just not simulation mode)

Edited by zuff

zuff....When you do that list send me the link bud! We want Chenaraus too! And we like Sim mode but hate how stuff like Helos wont respawn so we are forced to play Arcade but its a bit easy :(

EDIT: Nvm, seemed to be problems with JTD. Not sure why but turning it off fixed it.

what is JTD ?

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

Hello

Bug report

just a Time problem with the 1.28

- the mission hoster was in night and all players connected were in day time

- mission defend a pipe-plan never end

Thanks (Good job , really good mission)

i will look for it :D

what is JTD ?

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

i will look for it :D

JTD Fire and smoke mod.

Any thoughts on anything else I said?

JTD Fire and smoke mod.

Any thoughts on anything else I said?

Like for other custom edit, i will try depending of my free time to help :D

Too much thing to do, so i can only help who have already some skills with arma scripting and only require a global advice.:yay:

I do have some skills with Arma scripting, basic but I do know it.

All I'm asking is how to increase enemy county for each objective, and what steps I would need to take to port the mission to Chenarus.

you can found what you like in WC_fnc_createlistofmissions.sqf :D

wclevelmaxincity = 4;

wclevelmaxoutofcity = wclevel * 3;

port to chernarus is a complex process cause there is a lot of missions depending of the takistan map. You can talk about it with Fruity.

Edited by code34

Had lots of fun on it.. . made a little bastard of it too :yay:

k5dLsxW4la0

Nice video :yay::D

Just release on dev heaven, the wit unleashed version :D

recently we play this misson. we get big fun!! thank you code34!

I have a question about Engineer.

I wanna change playable units. I know you use Operator (Night Assault) at Engineer slot.

I try to change to another unit that is not Engineer in defalt. but I can't use Enginner skils.

so I try to find script about add Engineer, but I couldn't.

Please tell me how to do change Enginner unit of slot to another unit?

I'm sorry my bad English.

I hope you understand my question.

recently we play this misson. we get big fun!! thank you code34!

I have a question about Engineer.

I wanna change playable units. I know you use Operator (Night Assault) at Engineer slot.

I try to change to another unit that is not Engineer in defalt. but I can't use Enginner skils.

so I try to find script about add Engineer, but I couldn't.

Please tell me how to do change Enginner unit of slot to another unit?

I'm sorry my bad English.

I hope you understand my question.

lo, just edit the WC_fnc_initconfig.sqf in the warcontext folders and add the class name of the engineer into wcengineer class. :D

lo, just edit the WC_fnc_initconfig.sqf in the warcontext folders and add the class name of the engineer into wcengineer class. :D

I found add the classname of engineer line in WC_fnc_initconfig.sqf.:eek:

Thank you!!:bounce3:

ok,just had a run on WiT:Unleashed today too and i need to complain about a thing both WiT´s seem to share:

Nuclear Bombing

I dont mind bringing in the idea of Nuclear Bombs and the radiation zones they cause for the rest of the game,but what imho is rly a showstopper is NB´s on homebase ...

I played WiT (1.26+1.28 version) and faced NB´s starting on Mission 2 and hit base at around Mission 4/5,i just stopped playing WiT:Unleashed a few minutes ago because a NB hit the base on the start of Mission 2 - not rly a good thing to keep you combat rdy lol

This raises some serious questions,you got A10s,AH64s,M1s and all the other neat stuff but your HQ lacks some sort of rocket protection?

Counter Measures to at least get back to a combat rdy status after a NB hit your base?

Takistanis that fire the big ones just at the start for having a laugh?

Srsly,take that into consideration pls,as i dont see the big win in this,except it happens on the last 3-4 missions,which would be at least understandable from the tactical side of view

Anyway,still great mission(s)(both of em)

Thumbs up

The nukes either need to be optional or turned off completely. They really don't add anything to the mission except frustration.

I know nuclear bombing is totaly crazy, and not realistic, but thing that happens in real life could be so. :(

There is few thing to know about nuclear bombing:

- if you do nuclear mission, the propability of nuclear bombing decrease of 5% (by mission) By default, there is 25% of probabilty that happens.

- this feature is easy to turn off, only delete the script WC_fnc_createnuclearfire.sqf or comment the line in the WC_fnc_serverside.sqf.

Next evolution about this feature:

- decrease the probability of nuclear fire (decrease of 15% by sucessfull mission)

- protect the base against NB

Edited by code34

Not sure if this has been asked before but is there a chance you may release the individual mobile spawn point function so it can be used in other missions ?

It is an excellent feature but for a noob like me its a pain in the arse to figure out how include in missions.

Quality mission ! Love it big time .

Friends and I have a thing must to do for the last 2 months,and that is WiT

Thank you code34, your mission encourage all my friends whom have no ArmA 2 but OA

made up their minds to buy the whole set.

plz forgive for my absence. I'm stuck in the war, War in Takistan.

I didn't forget the promise. I'll still collect feedback from all of us.

Not sure if this has been asked before but is there a chance you may release the individual mobile spawn point function so it can be used in other missions ?

It is an excellent feature but for a noob like me its a pain in the arse to figure out how include in missions.

Quality mission ! Love it big time .

Currently, all functions are integrated and linked to the warcontext engine.

Perphaps in future, i will release an individual script foreach features but it's not my priority cause it requests a big work like for a major version.:yay:

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

Friends and I have a thing must to do for the last 2 months,and that is WiT

Thank you code34, your mission encourage all my friends whom have no ArmA 2 but OA

made up their minds to buy the whole set.

plz forgive for my absence. I'm stuck in the war, War in Takistan.

I didn't forget the promise. I'll still collect feedback from all of us.

Thank guy ! we play it so much with my team that we know each stone and bush of Takistan :D :yay:

There is few thing to know about nuclear bombing:

- if you do nuclear mission, the propability of nuclear bombing decrease of 5% (by mission) By default, there is 25% of probabilty that happens.

well,good to know but still isnt usefull at all if the nukes start hitting your base on the first missions (and by chance that happens pretty often for me)

- this feature is easy to turn off, only delete the script WC_fnc_createnuclearfire.sqf or comment the line in the WC_fnc_serverside.sqf.

besides the point i dislike editing it to get over this,i would appreciate a parameter to set it ON/OFF

Next evolution about this feature:

- decrease the probability of nuclear fire (decrease of 15% by sucessfull mission)

- protect the base against NB

the whole point of propability is useless in my opinion,because in a real conflict (yadda yadda) you would propably know about their nuke abilities and it would be a prior target in missions to get rid of it/eleminate the chance of getting their nukes up

Also,there is no point in firing your badass weapon on the first engagements

To sum it up,script NB to start earliest from w10 on,then with a chance to get base hit or get rid of it once and for all

i will think about that :D

i will think about that :D

i turned it off right from the start..on takistan and cherna it's ok, but tora bora or namalsk the nuke is way too close :) .. And i also think you should add parameter or turn it off, cause it's not necessary for this great mission. And not everybody wants to de-pbo and edit the engine..

cheers