Sign in to follow this  
code34

CO40 - War in Takistan: Operation Iron rains (WIT)

you can find a quick patch against large log file here:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20161302/WC_fnc_altercation.sqf

You have to replace the old file by this one :D

Nb: i confirm it's a hot fix. Without it, the performance of the server can be seriously impacted. I will publish very soon a new version.

Edited by code34

the time forward is a bit strange in version 18. sometimes the clouds are moving fast and you see the timer fast forwarding. sometimes it jumps just to the mission time from darkness to shiny day ..

- the "change clothes" script made our teamspeak crash while using acre. while being in civillian clothes, i wasn't able to talk..when changing back to military clothes, i died? (event handler?) and then i was able to talk again.. whats the actual sense of that changin clothes? for sneaky missions??

cheers

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

yeah, we saw that yesterday. I will invistigate for this bug.

For acre, i think i could not do anything. I think it s simply because acre doesn't assume the changing of role during the mission. For the moment, it's only a beta feature. In the next release, perhaps player can change of clothes directly from here without to go back to lobby.

Normaly, in takistan civil you can infiltrate without to be see, but if you are too much close of enemy they see you. :D

Edited by code34

yeah, we saw that yesterday. I will invistigate for this bug.

For acre, i think i could not do anything. I think it s simply because acre doesn't assume the changing of role during the mission. For the moment, it's only a beta feature. In the next release, perhaps player can change of clothes directly from here without to go back to lobby.

Normaly, in takistan civil you can infiltrate without to be see, but if you are too much close of enemy they see you. :D

Yeah i assumed the the changing of clothes is for special ops :) ...2 other things

1. when i respawn, (we only tried arcade yesterday on duala) i have the pistol in my hand, or i have a g36 but my model switches to pistol when i spawn

2. my mate killed the nuclear scientiest, it was the correct unit, misson completed came, but willa got blamed for that. is it because its a civillian unit and u get the punishment intentionally? or is it a bug?

Yeah i assumed the the changing of clothes is for special ops :) ...2 other things

1. when i respawn, (we only tried arcade yesterday on duala) i have the pistol in my hand, or i have a g36 but my model switches to pistol when i spawn

2. my mate killed the nuclear scientiest, it was the correct unit, misson completed came, but willa got blamed for that. is it because its a civillian unit and u get the punishment intentionally? or is it a bug?

1 - strange, does it happen everytime ?

2 - every time a civilian vehicle or unit is destroyed, there is a bis negative rate. When the rating is negative, player recieve a blame and is rating is reset to 0. If not, all friendly should become enemy, and you could not go inside friendly vehicle anymore.

is there another request for the next release ? :D

Random IEDs and IED removal based on Reezos scripts :)

Already done since a lot of versions ;) but wit uses its own ied script.

is there other request ? I also integrate features for futur mods of this mission.

So modder, you can ask also for this :D

One thing/request (which also can be found in a lot of other missions):

maybe a EAST version?

regards

it s a west special edition perhpas for another work :yay:

Edited by code34

One thing/request (which also can be found in a lot of other missions):

I will look about it. But i didn't saw options like this in other mission :eek:

I will give you some examples after work when I'm at home again.

Edited by WillaCHilla

oioi - been playing your mission the last 2 weeks and gotta say its a great change to the usual Domination but we still got some questions about it ...

1) how do you judge civil armed men hostile? on some missions they just walk around you doing no harm,on others they shoot at you ... how to tell the difference and how is it related to team score,sometimes they add negative scores/blame sometimes positive

apart from that - i know,if it shoots you,shoot back

2) when using a captured Apache,once you hit the repair pad it will repair,refuel the thing but it unloads the ammo and doesnt fill it back up?

3) also when flying over the repair pad (takeoff) its starts doing the script while in air,resulting in turning the engine off and crashing the BH into the ground

4) CombinedOPs dependancy

I know there s a parameter to set OAcontent/CombOPs content but it seems not to be working ingame,i see alot of people getting kicked for missing A2 content even the parameter was set to "OAcontent" only

Also,a few notes on the basics of the mission to read up on the concept and hints to play would be greatly appreciated

still,2 thumbs up,great mission!

:)

oioi - been playing your mission the last 2 weeks and gotta say its a great change to the usual Domination but we still got some questions about it ...

1) how do you judge civil armed men hostile? on some missions they just walk around you doing no harm,on others they shoot at you ... how to tell the difference and how is it related to team score,sometimes they add negative scores/blame sometimes positive

apart from that - i know,if it shoots you,shoot back

2) when using a captured Apache,once you hit the repair pad it will repair,refuel the thing but it unloads the ammo and doesnt fill it back up?

3) also when flying over the repair pad (takeoff) its starts doing the script while in air,resulting in turning the engine off and crashing the BH into the ground

4) CombinedOPs dependancy

I know there s a parameter to set OAcontent/CombOPs content but it seems not to be working ingame,i see alot of people getting kicked for missing A2 content even the parameter was set to "OAcontent" only

Also,a few notes on the basics of the mission to read up on the concept and hints to play would be greatly appreciated

still,2 thumbs up,great mission!

:)

Hi :D

1- On new version, civils put their hands up when you point them. Civils are friendly of everybody, and it's important to not shoot them. When you play in simulation mode, killing civils give negative points for all the team.

Civils have weapons depending of the fame of soldiers. Fame depending of mission you do (for example if you do a nasty mission agaisnt civilian population you loose fame), and number of civils killed during missions. If you have an ugly fame, there is a lot of civils that have weapons, and can fight agaisnt you !

2- fix in next release

3- fix in next release

4- yes, sorry i don't have the ao only game, so i can not debug this purpose and i don't know what kind of objects are not compatible.

5 - there is a simply manual in the .zip archive that i update at each new release :D But it s missing a lot of informations (too much work for me to develop, write documentations etc) ;)

Edited by code34

Hi Guys,

Here the changelog of the 1.2 release :yay: :D

- increase difficulty

- add multiplayer share points system

- add keep loadout when you change clothes

- add servers settings in menu info

- add night flares

- add nuclear zone

- add nuclear nuke modified version of Benny warfare

- add a new from scratch patrol script for objective

- add an addon crate

- add an antispawn protection around heavyfactory and barracks

- fix mission marker postion bug when check operation plan

- fix defend mission information message

- fix a tk enemy bug

- fix setskill without handlers

- fix stringtable translation by Fruity_Rudy

- capitalize all missions name

- change ied sounds

- decrease the fame malus when kill a civil

- fix capture mission

- fix the respawn points bug

- fix reload vehicles weapon at base

- fix you cannot recruit if you are not leader

- fix +1 casualty when a west guy died in civil clothes

- fix the altercation script

- fix the large log file and lag issue

- fix the clothes kill bug

- fix fast time bug that skip day from night

- fix the kill clothes point

- fix the degrade and promote any message

- fix a change side when you are civil

- fix individual tent marker bug doesn't disappear when destroyed

- fix size of group outside of red zone and add logs for ambiant

- fix %1 bug in briefing

- fix content in vehicle when unflip

- fix reinforcement message, and decrease reinforcment time

- fix waiting message for headquarter

- fix duplicate ak

- fix reenforcment message

Edited by code34

other fixs & changes force me to release the 1.2 later :D

Edited by code34

is there another requests for this version ?

Im' talking about the gameplay, about new features or some thing that could give a lot of fun ?

Thanks very much for this and your many updates.

Is there any chance of a BAF version?

Thanks very much for this and your many updates.

Is there any chance of a BAF version?

Hi Domokun,

I focus on the development of the mission core and gameplay. Each person wishing to adapt the mission then an addon, or an island in particular can create his own adaptation.

The important thing is to respect the number of v1.x and add an additional name or an acronym because one version to the othe,r changes are important and players should have a fair idea of the version with which they will play.

For example, version 1.18 has a serious bug which degrades the performance logs and creates freezes which is not representative of the other versions.

For the BAF, I do not know if a version exists. If you don't know how to edit the mission, you can also use the autoload feature to play with BAF weapons :D

For those playing with the ACE I'm currently finishing a version that should be released tonight.

I add:

-ACE U.S. MARINES DES

-ACE-WOUND

-ACE-RADIO

and most of the modules and vehicles ACE

;)

Cant wait for it, we played the old version a bit and really missed some ACE features :)