Sign in to follow this  
code34

CO40 - War in Takistan: Operation Iron rains (WIT)

Is there any plans for enemy air?

WIT is meant to be played on the ground. We don't really use air items (except for transport). You can try to add this feature in your own version, but I don't think you'll get support from Code34. Maybe you should take a look at Domi's scripts.

Ei8ght... no comment :p

Edited by =[A*C]=NicO

=NicO;1841390']WIT is meant to be played on the ground. We don't really use air items (except for transport). You can try to add this feature in your own version' date=' but I don't think you'll get support from Code34. Maybe you should take a look at Domi's scripts.

[/quote']

Would add to the mission if there was random air patrols, give our pilots something to do :)

Would add to the mission if there was random air patrols, give our pilots something to do :)

Would do it if I knew how to develop scripts ^^

It must exist some script that can do that for you, take a look on armaholic in the script section, or in the Domi. Or ask someone who knows how to do =)

=NicO;1841436']Would do it if I knew how to develop scripts ^^

It must exist some script that can do that for you' date=' take a look on armaholic in the script section, or in the Domi. Or ask someone who knows how to do =)[/quote']

Not touching it for a while but will add in a random air patrol script in a few weeks.

Want to get to Team 1 1st :p

Btw whats the highest you have got? We will still Team 5 Noob playing on veteran and private setting.

Not touching it for a while but will add in a random air patrol script in a few weeks.

Don't forget to share it with us on this thread! Maybe other teams are interested by air patrols.

Want to get to Team 1 1st :p

Btw whats the highest you have got? We will still Team 5 Noob playing on veteran and private setting.

Hum well of course you can get Elite (it will end the mission), it happened to us a few times. We play regularly on level 2 or 3. Here are some tricks to reach the top :

-Teamplay : that's the main point. Play with your teammates, use revive, strike quickly and strongly, get out of the zone when objective is completed. If you play with more than 10-12 teammates, split in two teams : attack and support. The latter will stay a good distance to burn armored and snipe mortars / static defenses / snipers.

-Be elite! It seems obvious, but don't get killed, always check your six (even 3 and 9), don't be static. Every AI moves a lot, and reinforcements come often while the antenna is active. If you're down, wait for a medic, do not use Return to Base. Moreover, be careful when moving in vehicles, there are some ambushes and IEDs. As an example, if each player has been shot down more than 6 or 7 times for 10 missions, you will have a bad score. The "killed" parameter is more important than "frags".

-Don't kill civilans

-Do not rush the objective, keep a good formation to protect you and your team.

This mission is very different from a Domi, that's why you must adapt your way of thinking and acting. On a Domi, every player rushes the objective as a lone wolf, AI is very dumb and you can get very high frags in a few minutes. Moreover it is not important if you take risks because you can come back on the battlefield with mobile respawns / parachutes. Here, you have to take into account that a death is not normal, and that the AI is more subtle than you are used to.

bugs we found that I remember from yesterdays playthrough:

One of our guys became invincible for quite some time, he only realized it when a zu started bouncing him around the battlefield and he didnt die. (i was wondering how he stayed alive thru some of the situatuations we found ourselves in :P)

The teamkiller warning trumpet has to go please, it is HIGHLY annoying and i had to kick a few people for accidental tks just to make it quit. Just the little pop up text is plenty of shame for them IMO.

The IED sound also is pretty annoying and I'm not sure where this comes from to use that in the first place. An ied is supposed to be a suprise so having a sound by one hurts the experience and is a bit confusing to new guys.

Also on the IEd thing, which Ied script are you guys using, is it the one where the engineer has to crawl up to it to deactivate it? We had one right beside one of the mh6's to be rescued only to fail the mission when the engi crawled up to the ied and it exploded. He said a very very quick menu came up with a timer then the explosion. He possibly did it wrong tho so no biggie.

I'll report back with more as i remember / find them. This is an excellent mission that is very well made. The base alone is sooo sexy besides the one tower I metioned at the heli pads. Keep up the good work!:yay:

Also if we steal enemy weapons, a.k.a. mortar tubes from them will they be cleaned up and or dissapear if we put them in boxes or vehicles?

Wow a lot of questions, I'll try to answer to everything :

Sleep;1841489']bugs we found that I remember from yesterdays playthrough:

One of our guys became invincible for quite some time' date=' he only realized it when a zu started bouncing him around the battlefield and he didnt die. (i was wondering how he stayed alive thru some of the situatuations we found ourselves in :P)[/quote']

Never seen this bug before. Hope Code34 will find a reason to that (he's the coder, I'm a tester ^^).

The teamkiller warning trumpet has to go please' date=' it is HIGHLY annoying and i had to kick a few people for accidental tks just to make it quit. Just the little pop up text is plenty of shame for them IMO.[/quote']

There is a bug actually that makes the trumpet never stop, the TK has to Esc/Abandon to be killed and then revived, it stops the annoying thing.

We'll try to fix this ASAP.

The IED sound also is pretty annoying and I'm not sure where this comes from to use that in the first place. An ied is supposed to be a suprise so having a sound by one hurts the experience and is a bit confusing to new guys.

Also on the IEd thing' date=' which Ied script are you guys using, is it the one where the engineer has to crawl up to it to deactivate it? We had one right beside one of the mh6's to be rescued only to fail the mission when the engi crawled up to the ied and it exploded. He said a very very quick menu came up with a timer then the explosion. He possibly did it wrong tho so no biggie.[/quote']

The IED implementation is a bit special here, everyone can detect it (it's always an object), but only engineers can desactivate it. I don't really know if you have to crawl, the script used has been created from scratch AFAIK, but as I don't play enginner I won't be able to help you on this one.

You may have been in a buggy situation last time, as every mission is randomly generated, the IED was too close from the objective.

I'll report back with more as i remember / find them. This is an excellent mission that is very well made. The base alone is sooo sexy besides the one tower I metioned at the heli pads. Keep up the good work!:yay:

Hehehe thanks for =[Air Commando]= Team' date=' we've worked a lot on this map (especially Code34) and we've fine tuned it to meet our requirements. The base has been made by Ei8ght and posted on Armaholic.

Be patient, we're testing a Lingor version, maybe it will be released some day (Lingor is a very sexy map, after having travelled for monthes on Takistan - it gives more close combat).

Also if we steal enemy weapons, a.k.a. mortar tubes from them will they be cleaned up and or dissapear if we put them in boxes or vehicles?

I thinks that every ennemy object / unit disapears when you leave the red zone, so yeah stealing things won't work.

Thanks for your reports everyone, we'll try to improve things to make WIT a very good dynamic teamplay experience.

Oh one other bug we had killing the Treat :D traitor got me minus points and i got the team killer screen.

I just wanted know also who comes up with the mission names (objectives), some of them are hilarious.

Sleep;1841558']I just wanted know also who comes up with the mission names (objectives)' date=' some of them are hilarious.[/quote']

They are quite brilliant :D

Yes, it mapped the T key. Obviously, actually, there is no other solution than modify the WC_fnc_keymapper.sqf and use for exemple

instead of

The mission also uses NUMPAD KEYS.

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Of course not ;) you can modify as you want. I will look for the modifications ;)

ok thanks, does the evasive action fill any function in the mission or would it be safe to comment it out completely from the sqf?

otherwise the mission seemes really good, allthough i sat as a bradly gunner the whole time i played due to the reload issue :D

Hello Guys,

I just publish a hot fix on armaholic for the differents bugs.

Also on the IEd thing, which Ied script are you guys using, is it the one where the engineer has to crawl up to it to deactivate it? We had one right beside one of the mh6's to be rescued only to fail the mission when the engi crawled up to the ied and it exploded. He said a very very quick menu came up with a timer then the explosion. He possibly did it wrong tho so no biggie.

It's a home script. An engineer have to disarm the ied by using the menu "disarm ied" on the ied object. The menu lunchs a mini combo key game.

The engineer have to type at time on his numpad the different num that he sees at screen. If he makes a mistake the ied exploses.

Is there any plans for enemy air?

There is a script that is already present. In fact, actually the wit doesn't use it because the air vehicles are not list as avalaible.

One of our guys became invincible for quite some time, he only realized it when a zu started bouncing him around the battlefield and he didnt die.

I don't know how to reproduce this bug. If you have informations about it, i'm interest in

ok thanks, does the evasive action fill any function in the mission or would it be safe to comment it out completely from the sqf?

Yes, you can there is no special function ;)

Edited by code34

test it, loved it.. and crashed, but all my friends decided we will play it again...

Love the small details like the gate in the base :)

We may have a really bad bug , are there Lingor Units or Molation army guys in there?

We have reports of some guys seeing guys in Che Guevara t shirts and firing weapons and others saying they cant see them.

I just got shot by an invisible man i heard the gun right beside me but noone there?

Are there any units non A2/OA in it?

I don't know how to reproduce this bug. If you have informations about it, i'm interest in

I'll ask and or try and reproduce but the player didn't notice until much later in the game.

These guys, in green or red Che Guevara t-shirts, seems only those running Lingor can see them

7965c_thumb.jpg

cc225_thumb.jpg

you gotta be wearing the goggles duuuhh:yay::cool:

also thanks for the update, checking it now actually.

edit edit : hahah is that a new intro? Do they change?

edit edit edit: found one i forgot about. the r3f laptop is on the ground it also seems to move occasionally sorta like the two soldiers in the talking action right near it

Edited by Sleep

We may have a really bad bug , are there Lingor Units or Molation army guys in there?

We have reports of some guys seeing guys in Che Guevara t shirts and firing weapons and others saying they cant see them.

I just got shot by an invisible man i heard the gun right beside me but noone there?

Are there any units non A2/OA in it?

It's an autoload mission :D The mission uses all the men, vehicles, weapons that are loaded on the server via the command -mod=@...

If you don't want anyone of the addons, you shouldn't lunch the server with it.

If there is addons on server, and peoples come without addons, they won't see the units, vehicles, weapons and have an error message when they connect (..) but they can play without.

If you want to be sure that players have the good addons, you can add a unit/vehicle of the selected addon on the editor map, it will add automatically the name of the addons in mission.sqm, and the players must have the addons to connect to server.

Edited by code34

looks like download links at ArmaHolic is broken. Or just for me ?

hi. im suggest add acre's vhf long distance radio in the mission...thanks.

Hi, can you give me more informations ? Does it require the acre addon ?

It's an autoload mission :D The mission uses all the men, vehicles, weapons that are loaded on the server via the command -mod=@...

If there is addons on server, and peoples come without addons, they won't see the units, vehicles, weapons and have an error message when they connect (..) but they can play without.

If you want to be sure that players have the good addons, you can add a unit/vehicle of the selected addon on the editor map, it will add automatically the name of the addons in mission.sqm, and the players must have the addons to connect to server.

Yeah was thinking that Lingor is on the server, but i wasnt running it at the time.

Cheers.

Yeah, the server had Lingor running

code34, love your map.... but bit worried with the autoload feature.. i mean its great great super mission. But could get some very unexpected things..

also like I want to use it for our Swedish addons, playing on takistan with our modern military is awesome.. but with the autoload there will also be weapons that shouldn't be "allowed". So i think one parameter could be "Autoload, enable, disable".. like the private/public game :)

anyway, great mission, and I can see this will soon be running on many many servers :)

First, congratulations for creating this mission!

-The description sounds very promising.

One question/request though: Are there any plans for a 2nd version without ACE-requirement?

Edit: Nevermind. Just saw at armaholic that ACE-requirement is optional.

Edited by WillaCHilla