Sign in to follow this  
maturin

Death From Above- invisibility cloak Grads

In my fully patched Arma 2 CO with Ace 1.6, the Grads in the Death From Above mission are simply missing. They work just fine in the editor and whatnot, but for whatever reason they fail to spawn in this mission. I have combed the areas where they are supposed to be with all manner of optics modes, but there is nothing but blank desert.

Also, is there a reason that only Hellfire Ks work with the UAV? It really hamstrings your firepower when half of your loadout is useless Longbow missiles. (Is this an ACE issue?)

In my fully patched Arma 2 CO with Ace 1.6, the Grads in the Death From Above mission are simply missing. They work just fine in the editor and whatnot, but for whatever reason they fail to spawn in this mission. I have combed the areas where they are supposed to be with all manner of optics modes, but there is nothing but blank desert.

Also, is there a reason that only Hellfire Ks work with the UAV? It really hamstrings your firepower when half of your loadout is useless Longbow missiles. (Is this an ACE issue?)

i know this is an old thread but the problem is still there! sometimes i can see them AA targets through optics but then after they disappear! i keep changing optics "N" and all of a sudden they come back!

Also sometimes you can't see the car driving you can only see the front lights on the ground!!

Please fix, this is one of the great official missions.

InFireBaptive: I'm not sure what you're talking about, actually. Try extending your view distance or set exThreads=0

I read the misleading mission briefing and assumed that the three circles were the 'firing positions' of the Grads, not the firing positions I was supposed to use. The Grads show up just fine.

InFireBaptive: I'm not sure what you're talking about, actually. Try extending your view distance or set exThreads=0

I read the misleading mission briefing and assumed that the three circles were the 'firing positions' of the Grads, not the firing positions I was supposed to use. The Grads show up just fine.

my view distance is set to 3000 also i was like 1000 meter away from AA on mountain!

No sir, there is a bug how do you explain the car issue! when i first start the mission and use the UAV i could see the AA on the mountain but then they disappear and come back after few seconds, the whole town sometimes disappear and all you see is land!

PS. I'm talking about the AA launchers on top of mountains that i have to clear first before i proceed to the optional task "seven of hearts".

Edited by InFireBaptize

my view distance is set to 3000 also i was like 1000 meter away from AA on mountain!

No sir, there is a bug how do you explain the car issue! when i first start the mission and use the UAV i could see the AA on the mountain but then they disappear and come back after few seconds, the whole town sometimes disappear and all you see is land!

I'm guessing you have a weak GPU.

Set exThreads=0, as that solved a similar issue for me.

ACE 1.6? isnt latest stable 1.11 for OA?

Ignore just seen the OP thread start date....

I'm guessing you have a weak GPU.

Set exThreads=0, as that solved a similar issue for me.

GTX560 ti DS, you call this weak! i use exThreads=7 instead of 0. I have E8400 o.c to 3.8

ps. signature below is outdated sorry ---> signature updated.

Edited by InFireBaptize

update;

I removed the exThreads=7 so game is using default exThreads=3 for dual core, increased view distance to 5000 and lowered few settings and it plays better. Still very hard to see unless zoomed in all the way i guess because i flew the ULB at 900 altitude.

The other problem i noticed, is when i hit the AA with man target few feet away on the ground the enemy AI doesn't do anything! he remains static and i have to get the missile on him 100% otherwise dropping it close to him won't do it.