Sign in to follow this  
[kh]jman

ArmA2 Persistent Database Scripts - WIP

Ok thanks i will try that and are tell u if it works. However when u say run the database is there a certain button i have to press or is it always running. As i thought it was always working

No, the database should always be running. It is possible to stop it of course but it should just run by default.

Right i have found the Username and password files in the phpadmin.sql i uploaded to my local database. Do i have to add a username and password to them which i would add onto the databases.txt

Is there a way to directly use sql query as I would like to give this ago soon on a big scale

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

yea do u know why i can not connect my database to my local server i have checked everything and it should work. However im not sure if theres a button i have to press

1. i have checked the database name and it is called "arma"

2. I have checked the localhost ip which is 127.0.0.1

3. I have portfowarded the port 3306 on my router

4. I have used the password and username (root) that i use to log into phpmyadmin as the password and username i have put into the database.txt

If any of this is wrong can you please tell me as i have tried everything and im out of ideas when it comes to this.

Edited by gerarddude5100

now im stuck where i have the database connected to my arma but when i launch the server i get

"server is loading persistent mission data please stand by"

what i ment to do?

Edited by gerarddude5100

As this is my Arma2NetMysqlplugin log

Info: 12:00:52 - Arma2NETMySQL Plugin Started.

Info: 12:00:52 - Version number: 0.1

Info: 12:00:52 - Compiled with Arma2NET Version: 1.10.0.0

Info: 12:00:52 - Loading databases...

Info: 12:00:52 - Database: test IPAddress: 127.0.0.1 Port: 3306 Username: root Password: NotShownForSecurityReasons

I don't think it is meant to be that short

The only reason im doing this is to make a dayz server where i can save my chracter onto

Edited by gerarddude5100

That's it. You should be connected. Now you just have to create a database structure and system for saving character information for DayZ. Then use SQF scripting and save the data. Have a look at the gear loadout mission I started here:

https://github.com/firefly2442/Arma2NetMySQLPlugin-ExampleMission

That should get you started. Also, you don't need to port-forward anything. Because the database is running on localhost/127.0.0.1, it's the same computer that you're on.

As this is my Arma2NetMysqlplugin log

Info: 12:00:52 - Arma2NETMySQL Plugin Started.

Info: 12:00:52 - Version number: 0.1

Info: 12:00:52 - Compiled with Arma2NET Version: 1.10.0.0

Info: 12:00:52 - Loading databases...

Info: 12:00:52 - Database: test IPAddress: 127.0.0.1 Port: 3306 Username: root Password: NotShownForSecurityReasons

I don't think it is meant to be that short

The only reason im doing this is to make a dayz server where i can save my chracter onto

The problem is thst its connected but i can not get into my game as it says

and i had this problem before

Also i have already found a dayz sql file to load up onto the database im just wondering do i need to put the mission scripts contained the the persistent db.zip into the dayz map i am using like the example mission

Edited by gerarddude5100

I'm not sure. I didn't work on the persistent mission, JMan created that. I'm not sure how the DayZ group saves information so you're in uncharted territory at this point. Sorry. Good luck, it sounds like an ambitious project.

But do you know how to solve the

as this has been happeneing with the example mission that came with persistebt and has nothing to do with dayz as thats my next goal when i get this persitent database working

Sorry I'm not sure. You'll have to open up the mission and look to see what it's doing.

Arma2NETMySQLPlugin.dll updated in Dev-heaven repo and PersistentDB.7z

- Arma2NETMySQLPlugin.dll compiled against Arma2Net 1.11.1 Arma2Net.Managed

- Arma2NETMySQLPlugin.dll Added ability to run straight MySQL commands. [Firefly2442]

with the new command i keep getting the following am i doing something incorrectly

06/25/2012 09:32:43 Log: Unmanaged side loaded

06/25/2012 09:32:43 Info Successfully loaded into process arma2oa

06/25/2012 09:32:43 Info Arma2NET 1.11.0.0 initializing on CLR 4.0.30319.269

06/25/2012 09:32:43 Info Sandboxing is disabled

06/25/2012 09:32:43 Info Rebuilding addin store

06/25/2012 09:32:43 Info Finding addins

06/25/2012 09:32:43 Info Found addins: Arma2NETMySQL, Arma2NETMySQLCommand, Activate, IsFunction, Deactivate, _Empty, VersionOfAddIn, CompareVersion, ClrVersion, Version, Functions, CommandLine, DateTime

06/25/2012 09:32:43 Info Activating base addins

06/25/2012 09:32:43 Info Activated Activate from BaseFunctionsPlugin.Activate, BaseFunctionsPlugin, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8762987cc8e6095e (Sandboxed: False)

06/25/2012 09:32:43 Info Activated IsFunction from BaseFunctionsPlugin.IsFunction, BaseFunctionsPlugin, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8762987cc8e6095e (Sandboxed: False)

06/25/2012 09:32:43 Info Activated Deactivate from BaseFunctionsPlugin.Deactivate, BaseFunctionsPlugin, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8762987cc8e6095e (Sandboxed: False)

06/25/2012 09:32:43 Info Activated _Empty from BaseFunctionsPlugin._Empty, BaseFunctionsPlugin, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8762987cc8e6095e (Sandboxed: False)

06/25/2012 09:32:43 Info Activated VersionOfAddIn from BaseFunctionsPlugin.VersionOfAddIn, BaseFunctionsPlugin, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8762987cc8e6095e (Sandboxed: False)

06/25/2012 09:32:43 Info Activated CompareVersion from BaseFunctionsPlugin.CompareVersion, BaseFunctionsPlugin, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8762987cc8e6095e (Sandboxed: False)

06/25/2012 09:32:43 Info Activated ClrVersion from BaseFunctionsPlugin.ClrVersion, BaseFunctionsPlugin, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8762987cc8e6095e (Sandboxed: False)

06/25/2012 09:32:43 Info Activated Version from BaseFunctionsPlugin.Arma2NetVersion, BaseFunctionsPlugin, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8762987cc8e6095e (Sandboxed: False)

06/25/2012 09:32:43 Info Activated Functions from BaseFunctionsPlugin.Functions, BaseFunctionsPlugin, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8762987cc8e6095e (Sandboxed: False)

06/25/2012 09:32:43 Info Arma2NET initialized

06/25/2012 09:32:43 Info Activated Arma2NETMySQLCommand from Arma2NETMySQLPlugin.Arma2NETMySQLPluginCommand, Arma2NETMySQLPlugin, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null (Sandboxed: False)

06/25/2012 09:32:43 Error Caught exception

Arma2Net.Managed.FunctionNotFoundException: The function was not found. Check that the function is loaded.

at Arma2NETMySQLPlugin.Arma2NETMySQLPluginCommand.Run(String args)

at AddInAdapter.Arma2NetAddInAddInAdapter.Run(String args, Int32 maxResultSize)

at HostAdapter.Arma2NetAddInHostAdapter.Run(String args, Int32 maxResultSize)

at Arma2Net.Managed.AddIns.AddInManager.InvokeAddIn(String addInName, String addInArgs, Int32 maxResultSize)

at Arma2Net.Managed.Bridge.InvokeFunction(String function, Int32 maxResultSize)

armatech, is this with the new .dll I compiled this morning?

yes also same happens when i compiled it my self so i tryed yours and got the same issue

Just spoken to Scott_NZ, confirmed it's a .dll issue i.e Firefly's code. Will have to wait until he fixes ;)

I'm not able to reproduce this bug. I think there may be an issue with the SQF code that you PM'ed me. It's quite long. Can you break it up or try a smaller portion of it?

I have even tried your example just changed the db name and still did not work

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

How about a (Skype) group chat for live troubleshooting?

If people still post the solutions in here afterwards, it might be a better approach. :)

For anyone who wants to join, please PM me your Skype names and I will add you to the Skype group.

Arma2NETMySQLPlugin.dll updated in Dev-heaven repo and PersistentDB.7z

- Arma2NETMySQLPlugin.dll, refactor some code so that we have a common startup regardless if you are using procedures or straight mysql calls. [Firefly]

- Arma2NETMySQLPlugin.dll, use version number as specified by the project. [Firefly]

- Arma2NETMySQLPlugin.dll, set appropriate version number. [Firefly]

Please note that the latest A2OA beta's are causing issues in the PlayerDisconnected EVH and forEach playableUnits in the PDB code. This means that sometimes when player's disconnect their data does not get saved. Tupolov is currently refactoring the code and amongst the changes is introducing an additional time-based save playerstate function. The code is currently undergoing testing before release. Please be aware that this will be a major update which will require additional database columns and thus a new database schema.

Thanks Sickboy.

For anyone with the 'System.NotSupportedException' when loading the Arma2NETMySQLPlugin addin, check the name of the assembly that is failing to load. Right click it, click Properties, and then click Unblock. Thank you to Scott for finding that one :)