Sign in to follow this  
[kh]jman

ArmA2 Persistent Database Scripts - WIP

Do we have some new infos meanwhile ?

Such as?

You can have a look here meanwhile

cool project cant wait til its firstrelease/finished..

can u programm the abilty to create multiple Layouts?

that u can load on any mission and shop your personal mostloved outfits within seconds (if the items are in the Box) XD

MFG

Saltator

Still waiting on some JayArmA2lib bug fixes atm so no more progress until then atm I'm afraid. Jay is aware of the issues but unfortunately for this project, he has stated that the fixes are low prioity for him.

cool project cant wait til its firstrelease/finished..

can u programm the abilty to create multiple Layouts?

that u can load on any mission and shop your personal mostloved outfits within seconds (if the items are in the Box) XD

MFG

Saltator

Yes the player can have a unique entry in the DB per mission name if required.

Edited by [KH]Jman

I am currently looking for a C++, C#, Ruby, Python or Delphi programmer to join the development team. If you have the skills and some free time to devote to the project please PM me. Thanks.

Could this also be used to take data or stats thats are custom. For example a client variable that is exclusive to one mission that can be copied to the server ? Like money for example in a rp sever.

If you like what Jman is doing here, or want to expand your missions capabilities with SQL storage, please vote up this ticket for jaynus.

We think alike! I had a similar test mission running, far more crude than that beaut, it's liberating having sql access isn't it.. so many things can be done. Makes you think of the game in completely different ways. But without support on the current jayarma2lib sqlite bugs as you mentioned (I reported those :D), I lost hope.. there are too many 'gotchas' that cause the jayarmalib hook to crash the server when using the current sqlite implementation. It's amazing what he's done so far, his auto update script is boss.. imagine the backend of that.. searching for new memory locations to patch when a new beta comes out, it's unreal. Hope you get it working!

Cheers

**There are some other implementations without jarmalib but they are very low bandwidth, and not ideal for a GSP like jayarma2lib is. It's already trusted and accepted.. there are just a couple issues holding it back for this kind of thing! We'd all use 3rd party exe + pipe but it's not allowed on GSPs, therefore very poor adoption..

Edited by oktane
no need to say the same thing 4 different ways :D

Some good news. Sickboy has come up trumps with a new set of SQL libraries that will hopefully fix the SQL issues I'm having at the moment with JayArmALib. You will still need JayArmALib on the serverside but with an additional SQLlibrary.dll and some new SQL functions wrapped in an addon .pbo that also only needs to be installed serverside.

I'm going to run some tests soon and report back.

Yes I now have a dll solution but finding much time to devote to it at the moment is not forthcoming.

Are you willing to share the dll? (I requested in PM's a few times, without reply)

Can't wait for this to come out. Looks like (in the vid) you've done a great job. Really looking forward to it... been following it for a while.

Thanks for all your hard work on this! :yay:

Can't wait for this too ! :)

Thanks for the kind words. KH have been doing some testing over the last few months on a larger scale lingor mission which has ironed out quite a few issues but there is still lots to do. Development was halted due to the dll issue but now thats sorted I will make some time to get into it again and to carry on. I'll also get new video out.

Edited by [KH]Jman