Sign in to follow this  
COGlory

Razor 2

I'll try and spoiler the important stuff.

For starters, I've searched and read every thread that I could find on this, but no one seemed to be having my problem.

I've restarted this mission for the fifth time now, but I can't complete it!

I did this:

Talked to Dressler

Talked to Lt. Marney

I went to the first X on the map, there were US Marines there

I went to the Power Plant, the guy there directed me to Staroye.

I went to Olegich, he didn't really do anything. (I fought the Chedaki, but I don't remember what Olegich said after that. All I remember was it was a goose chase.)

I talked to Malek

I went to the castle he directed me to.

I killed a Sniper and a Grenadier behind the castle. Took the evidence.

I went to the town south of Vyshnoye (can't remember the name) where a Farmer attacked me. I killed him.

I then called for a heli, with the intention of going to the other places.

I then got the message that Lopotov was headed north towards Gorka. I took the heli to Gorka, and saved it just before I got on. On the way there I died mysteriously. I reverted my save and went again. This time I lived. I saw no one on the way there. I got to Gorka, and waited, and waited, and waited, and waited, and no one ever shows up!

Any suggestions or help? Also, if Lopotov ever comes, how do I get him out of the car? And does he come on the main roads? Thanks!

Fantastic game, by the way. One of the best I've ever played.

I also have a few more questions too, while I'm at it, not mission related.

-Is there a way to "sheath" you weapons? Like, put them back over your shoulder or in the holster?

-I picked up Combined Ops (I'd been meaning to for a while, but never had the cash) when it went on sale at Steam. When I launch OA, it gives me an option to start CO, or OA. Is CO any different? When I launched it, I couldn't access the OA missions.

Thanks!

Edited by COGlory

You can't catch Lobotev in this mission, only his henchman Bardak. There is a dirt road leading south roughly from the center of Gorka. For me, Bardak always came up that road in a red Golf. When he is in range, shoot the tires, and get close to him when he tries to escape. The rest should work out then.

Hope this helps :)

Furthermore, if you want to be able to collect all evidence before catching what's his face, then:

The places you'll find evidence are the ruined castle (which you got), the third X on the map (furthest from the one where you ran into Marines), and the quarry at Solichny (sp?) (look on the map), where you'll pick up dogtags from the ground after a fight. Catching Lopotev/Bardak comprises of the last piece of evidence as well. Oh, and as soon as you hear the radio message about the Lopotev heading north, get your chopper to take you to Gorka ASAP, cuz even though they say you have 20 minutes, its more like 5 minutes, so be sure you catch him in time. As for the side-stories you ran into, I think they were just interesting pieces to the story, though for Olegevich it might effect relations with NAPA in later missions, though I am not sure since I have not replayed it without helping him, since I always look for a firefight for whatever reason :D

I saw no one on the way there. I got to Gorka, and waited, and waited, and waited, and waited, and no one ever shows up!

It is known that Bardak has sometimes crashed to a tree (AI driving you know) or got stuck with some pathfinding problems. When that 20min limit is gone, you can travel down that road to find him sometimes still sitting in red Golf IV lookalike.

-Is there a way to "sheath" you weapons? Like, put them back over your shoulder or in the holster?

Now that I think of it, the only thing coming to my mind is lowering the main weapon by double tapping left CTRL.

-I picked up Combined Ops (I'd been meaning to for a while, but never had the cash) when it went on sale at Steam. When I launch OA, it gives me an option to start CO, or OA. Is CO any different? When I launched it, I couldn't access the OA missions.

I have atleast 3 friends who have bought this Arma 2 Combined Operations Steam-version. All of them launch their game with CO (Combined Operations) option and that way they can join my server for both original Arma2 Harvest Red-campaign and Operation Arrowhead campaign.

Maybe you didn't see OA missions with CO, because they were not unlocked yet, because you had not completed them once. Anyway I see no reason to launch Combined Operations Steam version with OA option, since eventually all A2 and OA mission can be unlocked and played with CO.