Sign in to follow this  
galzohar

Bullpup fix?

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/3631/36254400.jpg

16867388.jpg

Notice how the bullpup weapon is "back". The sight is not even usable with the scope so far behind the head and the stock is a bit "stuck" inside the shoulder (M4A1 is a bit "stuck" as well but it seems not nearly as much).

Of course this is an old issue that was also present in Robert Hammer's TAR-21s, so apparently it's not specific to the BAF weapons but rather a problem with the game (and when I heard of BAF I was hoping it means it'll be fixed because I never thought BIS will sell something that looks wrong like that).

Now I know this will most likely not get fixed because it probably requires too much work, but hey, one can hope, no? Oh well, it's not like the game's weapon collision detection is good enough for weapon length to actually make a real difference, where M4A1s and M16s seem to have the same collision size. If you place 2 soldiers with each weapon where they have the same distance of barrel from wall, the difference in how close they are to the wall will be amazingly close to the difference in weapon lengths (for non-bullpup weapons, bullpup weapons are even more broken in that aspect), but if you move each of them as close to the wall as he can get with the weapon up, the M4A1 user will still have a small space between the weapon and the wall while the M16 user will clip some of his barrel into the wall. So maybe I should've just made a thread with this suggestion rather than push it in here because it actually affects all weapons and not just bullpup, but it does make fixing bullpup weapons have an additional purpose.

I'd pay for BAF if it'd fix bullpups so I can use Robert Hammer's TAR-21s (though I'll also need to wait for him to make an ACE config for them too) ;)

I guess I might be the only one to see an irony in your seeking what is a relatively trivial and still mostly cosmetic alteration when all the while you're putting up with that blurry mess.

I never buy a car only for it's shiny finish...
You're not buying a car here... not really the best comparison.

Yea, they need to make a new prone anim for that gun.

It's not just prone, but in order for them to not lower their weapon I put them in combat mode which made them go prone. Same problem happens in all stances. I didn't show a comparison image for M4A1, but you can easily notice that the problem shows its ugly face in 1st person view as well (see how the weapon is "out of the picture").

Now of course I don't put up with that blurry stuff, I just play with the plenty of other units that are already in the game and have basically the same functionality, and don't use weapons that the engine doesn't allow to be properly implemented, but instead enjoy the huge variety of weapons ACEX provides.

Anyway, let's not turn this into a discussion of BAF. The title of the thread definitely says "Bullpup fix?", which the BAF weapons are only a part of. Of course the BAF weapons aren't really free so one would expect a fix there even moreso than for (awesome) free packs such as Robert Hammer's, but the problem is the same.

As far as I'm aware, this is just to do with the .rtm (anim) for the weapon, you could reasonably easily move the weapon forward in the .rtm along with the hand positions to minimise the problem. I think the UKF weapons have done so and its less noticeable on their SA80's.

RH can do this himself if he wanted, no need for BIS to fix their BAF weapons first.

I don't know, the response I got from Robert Hammer in his thread seemed to indicate that there is a problem with BIS that he can't fix by himself, but it wasn't very clear so I might have not understood it correctly. I'll have a look at the UKF weapons later though.

Hi, the problem with the weapons animations (not onlu bullup weapons) is that there're fixed animations x each weapon class (i.e: AR, LMG/GPMG, sniper/shotgun.) and none of this anims include the aiming through the sights (scope, sight or red dot), just how the soldier holds the weapon of any of those generic weapons classes.

There isn't any specific weapon hold animation for each weapon and that's the problem. Let's C ya

And I'm assuming there is no "bullpup" weapon class hence the bullpup weapons just fall into another class and as a result look terrible?