Sign in to follow this  
mjr.hassle

Remove hand signal for dead squadmembers.

Although I like the inclusion of hand signals, having one for a squad member dying is really intrusive and often fatal in my experience. I know I should look after my squad better, but sometimes... ;)

More often then not, I have my sights raised and I'm just about to kill a bad guy, when I take my hand off the rifle, causing me to lose the zoomed optics and I inevitably get shot, because 2 is dead and I'm waving my hand in the air about it, rather then been able to engage the enemy.

Would like to see this particular hand sign removed.

I haven't noticed this.

Are you using any mods like ACE or SLX?

No mods, vanilla Combined Ops.

It doesn't really stick out unless your caught by it. If you happen to have your rifle raised when it occurs, its noticeable, otherwise there's no reason it would be apparent.

Have only really noticed it recently myself, but now I have, it seems to happen with greater frequency.

Just a little annoying when you have a shot lined up, to have your rifle lowered and your shot by the guy you were about to shoot. lol!

Yeah, i've definately noticed this before, quite annoying.

On a somewhat related note, when you are using a laucher and get shot (but not killed) you cannot escape the enemy fire because you need to be able to walk to carry it. You go through a series of animations where you go prone/crouch/go prone before getting killed. You shouldn't have to switch weapon, go prone and roll to get into cover in that situation.

Dropping your current weapon should be as simple as the push of a button.

I haven't noticed this.

Are you using any mods like ACE or SLX?

No this is Vanilla I have the same problem too.

Had this happen the other day playing multiplayer. I had a shot almost lined up in my sights, just before I pulled the trigger my friend dies and my avatar switches out of gunsight mode, waves to no one in particular that my friend died, then went back to sight mode. By that time I was dead too. Wonder who waved for me?

I have found this annoying too. Good post, it is indeed a Major Hassle.

Never had this happen to me. I thought you only did hand animations when commanding units..?

Agreed. It would be nice if the hand signals only took effect if you are not aiming down sights.

I don't think I've ever had it happen to me in a way that annoyed me. But sure, if it's that annoying, or has potential to be so, remove the connection. But I'd like to have the actual hand signal (the animation) still there. I might use it for something else.

I have submitted a report on the CIT. Hopefully describes the problem well enough, never used it before.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/15861

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

@CarlGustaffa. I agree. I think the signal thats given is the stop signal. Looks like a raised fist.

Don't want to see the animation removed, but just not have it play in this instance.