Sign in to follow this  
4958stanton

Plz help 6870 crossfire ARMA 2 OA Bad FPS

Hi comp in me sig.Right my comp can max out all games I have but not this,ime getting 30fps with all settings to max 1080 P ,AA set to low but keep getting fps drops to 22-15 fps

ps if I do the bench mark in OA I get 55-60 fps with all settings at max but in game it's bad PLZ help is there a good setup for 6870 crossfire

Edited by 4958stanton

Hi comp in me sig.Right my comp can max out all games I have but not this,ime getting 30fps with all settings to max 1080 P ,AA set to low but keep getting fps drops to 22-15 fps

ps if I do the bench mark in OA I get 55-60 fps with all settings at max but in game it's bad PLZ help is there a good setup for 6870 crossfire

turn HDR to normal.

Choose another mission and play again, or try play around in editor, still same fps?

Choose another mission and play again, or try play around in editor, still same fps?

Thanks for the info but dose it all the time get good fps then it drops to 20 fps is crossfire not good on this game?

just useing one gpu now and the fps are the same as when i have two, WTF is going on how do i get the game to use 2 gpu,s i no the cards work because when i play crysis all max settings and 4xaa i get 60fps and that game is well old and that uses crossfire.hope someone can help as i love this game so much :confused:

just useing one gpu now and the fps are the same as when i have two, WTF is going on how do i get the game to use 2 gpu,s i no the cards work because when i play crysis all max settings and 4xaa i get 60fps and that game is well old and that uses crossfire.hope someone can help as i love this game so much :confused:

Its called Real Virtuality

thats the problem

I thought ati released an arma 2 profile... maybe not an operation arrowhead one yet? You can always try to rename your ArmA2OA.exe to ArmA2.exe and see if that makes a difference. If you're running through steam, though, I don't know if that's an option.

Crossfire gives worst performance then single card for a few driver versions now. I think the best luck I had was 10.7 or 10.8 drivers. App profiles have not helped.

Currently I'm using 10.10E drivers. So try it in single card mode.

Actually I've had worse performance in all my games with CF enabled.

Try launching the game's .exe directly from the game folder. If there is a profile it should then be picked up.

Enable the "Show Crossfire Status Icon" too, to make sure.

In all honesty, i've had nothing but hell with Crossfire and Arma 2.

Read here for my experience with crossfire: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=99687

In the end, I used the "-winxp" switch, but afaik according to the description of the switch it shouldn't have to do with crossfire, but rather changes the DirectX renderer or so.

But using GPU-Z, I always saw both GPUs being used (!), I think it's different to what you describe. It was just that with that switch, the GPU utilization went up from ~50% to ~80% and gave the FPS boost too. But this was with Arma2, I haven't tested extensively with OA yet.

Make sure you've got vsync set to off.

I really recommend using the Von mod version of 10.10e ATI drivers with a CrossFire setup: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=332395

They work without using CrossFire profiles, and I've seen the load on my GPUs and their temperatures increase by about a third using them (4870x2 + 4870). They definitely render things in a different way - I get a bit of weird tearing if I look up or down at a ridiculously steep angle using TrackIR that didn't happen before (this is not an issue in normal A2 play).

I feel that this is how the game should have run on my system for 12 months previous, to be honest - before using a single card was better in some A2 situations than the multi.

Caveat: I tend to use lower VDs - around 2000 unless I'm flying. If you're one of those people who demands 5000 VD, you may not see the same improvement.

Just make sure to follow the included instructions on how to clear out all the old ATI drivers if you try these. I'd love to hear whether they work for someone else as well as they have for me. Many swear by them for BLOPs, and I'm not aware that they screw up any other game.

Hi one card is at 100% and the other is at 24% can't seem to sort this out

Help plz

@4958stanton : did you try the -winxp switch? Which software did you use to gather your data?

HTH

@4958stanton : did you try the -winxp switch? Which software did you use to gather your data?

HTH

I used gpu-z and just run crysis and only uses one card and now in arma 2 oa it only uses one card as well ? Ps just put 10.10e on again and now one card works this crossfire stuff is bad if I new it was going to be this bad I would have stuck with one 6870 and no I haven't used the winxp switch will this work for other games?

I've no idea why you ask if this works for other games. It is a switch specifically for Arma2, see http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma2:_Startup_Parameters#Performance for details.

lol soz mate looked at what u said but dident sink in,but cant use that in OA.

OA is only useing one gpu how do i get crossfire to work?

It's not a fanboy thing and I try to tell people this all the time, AMD's drivers are garbage.

Great hardware, great prices, pathetic driver support. They fix one thing and break another.

I had 2 6870s when they were released but I dumped one of them and replaced the other with one of my old 480s.

CF is pants compared to SLI. Nvidia's developer relationships and manual profiles bury AMD in every possible way.

I've no idea why you ask if this works for other games. It is a switch specifically for Arma2, see http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma2:_Startup_Parameters#Performance for details.
just done the xp thing but still same fps and just one gpu,thanks all for the help but looks like this game dose not use xfire gutted thats why i got 2 6870,s to play this game in max setting :mad:

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

It's not a fanboy thing and I try to tell people this all the time, AMD's drivers are garbage.

Great hardware, great prices, pathetic driver support. They fix one thing and break another.

I had 2 6870s when they were released but I dumped one of them and replaced the other with one of my old 480s.

CF is pants compared to SLI. Nvidia's developer relationships and manual profiles bury AMD in every possible way.

i no what u mean mate ati/amd #### but like allways will have to wate for ccc 10.12 and that will sort it out, NOT:(

Yeah, as always, they'll fix some things and break others.

When it does work, it's great, but there is too much inconsistency where their drivers are concerned :(

Edited by BangTail

Yeah, as always, they'll fix some things and break others.

When it does work, it's great but there is too much inconsistency where their drivers are concerned :(

i no but when it dose work they kick ass:o

MY CF works great. HD4870X2s in XCF. works like a dream. No issues at all, using the 10.4 with the rename for OA, but the 10.8 and later ones work fine too, and they dont need the rename. Win7 64, lots of overpriced HW, running smooth frames @ 1600/1200, 3D rez @ 1920/1440, VH ect... Not sure whats up with your the 6XXX CF but you can use MorphAA?

Also using the latest OA Beta. It rocks!

Yah, we're not talking about 4xxx CF. The 4870x2 is over 2 years old and has solid driver support.

The 4870x2 is a great card but the CF problems assosciated with the 5xxx and 6xxx series obviously aren't affecting you. The hardware may be good but the drivers are riddled with problems.

CF on the 6870 was atrociously bad, I ditched it after 2 weeks.

As a single card solution, the 6870 is a decent performer. Where CF is concerned, when it works it's good, but as I said in a previous post, the inconsistency is a deal breaker for me.

Edited by BangTail

I know BIS has encouraged us to poke ATI about crossfire issues with OA and I have. But am confused why they cannot put more pressure on the ATI folks as well, could anyone explain that?