Sign in to follow this  
kohlenhydrat

3D Mission - Editor

Working 3D Editor with additional editing/scripting features would be great and very useful. On the other hand the AI is still able to walk through walls...

Anyway the work on making a (Realtime) 3D Editor should be appreciated. :)

I would be happy if they would finally build in an interface to select the units gear without scripting

Sadly it seems a lot of stuff BIS does is a halfway cup. So many great ideas and additions just get left or not updated.

Anyway the work on making a (Realtime) 3D Editor should be appreciated. :)

if it was useful for making mission it would be appreciated. as it is now, BIS practically has wasted their efforts working on it. pity, cause the potential and effectiveness as seen via similar vbs2 videos would be amazing.

Even after they are placed correctly in the Editor, once you get them on a server they can move... Really the answer is to just not care if things are placed perfectly and concentrate on the mission instead. :)

Nooooooo!!! don't say that! All that time spent... the humanity!

The state of the 3D editor at the moment is a saddening thing.

This is the single thing that could most enhance the game, and it's worth assigning a good deal of time and resources to have it up and running.

All that would be needed is to enable the player to have control over what units/objects/waypoints he wants to place - being able to set height as well as 2D position - then having a stable and reliable way to export this detail into the 2D editor.

Why isn't this thread in suggestion section, all this talk about and wanting it upgraded, or fixed and usable is a

waste of time unless the intent is serious and want something done.

I'm all for the 3d editor to be fixed or made really usable, update the existing 2d editor so that it has the 3d

editor functionality if it actually functioned.

Make it produce the same files as the 2d editor, and same setup, so we dont have a whole new system of doing

something over something we have always done since the start of the series.

Can moderators please move this thread to the suggestions

where it should have gone in the first place.

yep I'm with Günter want this taken seriously plz help admins!

+1.

it's very seriously wanted

Hi, a 3D editor will be great; i spent alot of time on the 3D editor that I0n0s did for the ArmA1, but he told me that enable it on any public server will be open the castle's doors, lower the clastle's bridge and raise the skirts of the clastle's women for the cheaters and hackers to come to do what you'll do with a chick that raises her skirt for you.

Maybe the security of booth servers and players may be the reason to not enable a fully working 3D editor built in the game, i don't know... but the life was much more easy with it than without it; the reason because the 3D editor mess up the possition of objects and alive units after save and load a mission, may be because if you place an object is at x0.30085 y0.10027 z0.01 and the editor "deletes" everyting after the '0.00' delete it... or just don't recognize/apply/use 'em at all, having as resoult a misplacement of the objects and units placed using the 3D editor. This also happens with manualy placed objects and units that are not placed using a script or scripts, AFAIK. Let's C ya

I dont want to see it made available like in VBS2 I just want it for creation not on-the-fly-server-mapping.

we dont need to run classes for dealing with say IEDS and wont need to edit things while the students wait for a revised lesson scenario.

A 3d Editor which can export to the 2D with all the options the 2d editor gives and the other way back would be one of the best things they could do. Im sure there would be much more quality missions [i for myself would do more stuff definitly] since 2d takes way more time. Also i think its more fun editing in 3D!

Please let it be in the next patch as christmas surprise, please:D

With a 3D Editor you could make much better Missions in regards of Ambushes for example. In 3D youn would go like "Oh look, there is this Window overlooking the approach to the village, lets place a machinegun there...."

I also want the 3D editor to be a editor.

Much like the ordenary 2D editor.

I don't like that is places everything in 2D and not preserving height.

And if I also could save the files in MP would be great without converting it to 2D it would be great.

I don't want to use 5 days just for the layout of objects and troops, which I could have done in 1 evening.

Then I could use the next 4 days to script instead.....

A 3d Editor which can export to the 2D with all the options the 2d editor gives and the other way back would be one of the best things they could do. Im sure there would be much more quality missions [i for myself would do more stuff definitly] since 2d takes way more time. Also i think its more fun editing in 3D!

Please let it be in the next patch as christmas surprise, please:D

this, is what i have been looking for for awhile. and i agree completely.